Historic Jacob Rohrbach Inn
Located behind the Inn, this large romantic cottage is completely separate from the main building, yet only steps away. Superbly crafted, the General's Quarters is built in the early 1800's tradition with thick masonry walls, stone foundation, and high ceilings. Featuring a handcrafted pencil post bed, a large bath with beautiful imported tile, and French doors that lead to a large private porch overlooking the gardens. The sitting area highlights the 1830's cooking fireplace, reflecting the building's origin as a summer kitchen. The General's Quarters provides the ultimate setting for privacy and romance.
The General's Quarters commemorates all the general officers serving both North and South that fought during the battle of Antietam.
• Queen bed plus full size sleeper sofa • Sleeps up to 4 (2 adults & 2 children) • Mini-fridge • Pet friendly
The Antietam Room
Thomas Jackson Room
This room is located on the main level at the front of the Inn, in the portion of the house dating to around 1804. This stately room was once a formal parlor, evidenced by a columned, faux marble fireplace. An impressive king sized sleigh bed is complemented by two wing back chairs perfect for reading or just relaxing. The raised three-step, ensuite bath features a stand up shower. An inside entrance for convenience and a ground level, private outside entrance leads to an intimate and secluded sitting area.
The Jackson Room is named for the brilliant and eccentric General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, who having captured Harpers Ferry, enabled Lee to make a stand at Sharpsburg.
• 1st floor • King bed • Private porch & entrance • Sleeps 2 adults
Clara Barton Suite
This suite is located on the second floor at the front of the Inn, in the portion of the house dating to the 1830's. This expansive two room suite offers entrance from inside the Inn. In the spacious main room, natural light from three windows illuminate a graceful, king sized iron bed. A comfortable wing-back chair allows the perfect spot to read or watch TV. An adjoining second bedroom offers a full sized, four post pineapple bed. The large bath, wrapped in bead-board, features an antique clawfoot tub with shower. This suite can be combined with the Antietam Room to accommodate a larger group.
The Clara Barton Suite is named for the valiant "Angel of the Battlefield" and founder of the American Red Cross.
• 2nd floor • King & full bed • Sleeps 2 adults & 2 children/teens
The Harper's Ferry Suite
This suite is located on the second floor at the front of the Inn, in the portion of the house dating to around 1804. This generous suite has both an inside and private outside entrance. The comfortable sleeping area has a queen size cannonball bed and a twin size pineapple bed. An adjoining sitting room features wing back chairs that are ideal for curling up with a good book, or watching a movie. The sizable, ensuite bath includes a stand up shower. A large private porch provides scenic views of the gardens.
The Harpers Ferry Suite is named for the town of Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. This historic community was not only a strategic location during the Civil War, it also played a significant role in the early years of our country.
• 2nd floor • Queen & twin bed • Private porch & entrance • Sleeps 2 adults & 1 child/teen
- All rates at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn include breakfast and are based on double occupancy. Select Rooms and suites can accommodate an extra person for a $25 per person, per night fee. All lodging rates are subject to a 6% Maryland sales tax and a 6% county hotel tax. Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Breakfast is served in our dining room at 8:30 a.m
- We will make every effort to accommodate special dietary needs if you let us know when making your reservation
- There is a 2 night minimum stay for Holiday weekends and special events.
- Reservations may be held by VISA/MC/DISCOVER/or Check
- Reservations can be placed online or by telephone at 301-432-5079 between the hours of 10:00am and 7:00pm each day. A non-refundable deposit of $25.00 per room is required to guarantee your reservation. The deposit is applied towards your final statement.
- We have a 7 day cancellation policy
- Please note that in the event that your plans change, cancellation must be received 7 days in advance of your scheduled day of arrival or you will be charged for one night's stay.
Check-In & Check-Out
- Check-In: Anytime after 3:00 p.m
- Check-Out: 11:00 a.m.
- We are “Dog-Friendly” at the Jacob Rohrbach Inn and we invite your four legged friends to stay with you in the General's Quarters. (See our website for pet policy)
- Children are welcome with an accompanying adult and best accommodated in the General’s Quarters. Children must be supervised and may not be left unaccompanied at the Inn for any amount of time. Add $20 per day for each child under 12
- We have a strict no-smoking and no-flame (e.g. candles) policy within the Inn but guests are welcome to smoke in the designated smoking areas.