An Inn on the Ocean Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
An Inn on the Ocean Bed & Breakfast is a perfect blend of elegance, hospitality and ambience. All rooms have a private bath and are magnificently decorated for luxury and comfort.
We are located directly on the Ocean in exciting and beautiful Ocean City. Enjoy the breathtaking views from our very private ocean front location or just relax in our gracious living room (fireplace in winter) or watch the waves and world go by from our wrap around veranda.
Ocean City's beautiful beach and famous Boardwalk are right outside your front door.
Restaurants, shopping and amusements are within walking distance, and just a short drive will take you to one of Ocean City's many PGA Championship Golf Courses, the natural beauty of Assateague Island or the bargains of the outlet stores.
You can also experience Ocean City's renowned deep water fishing, numerous available watersports, harness horse racing, or you can shop in our area's many nearby antique shops. You'll also delight in sampling the area restaurant's delicious fresh seafood and dining specialties.
We provide an adult, smoke free environment.
Room rates listed do not include 10.5% sales tax.
An Inn on the Ocean ~ Maryland's Only Oceanfront Bed and Breakfast
Weddings - Rehearsal Dinners - Bridal Showers - Honeymoons
Executive Meetings - Retreats - Luncheons - Teas
An Inn on the Ocean is a one of a kind location to host your Wedding, Rehearsal Dinner, Bridal Shower, Honeymoon or other Special Occasion. We are located on the Ocean in Ocean City, Maryland. Our wrap around Veranda's spectacular ocean view creates a dramatic backdrop and scenic overlook for your event.
Our deluxe Inn also has accommodations for you and your out of town guests. Each room is magnificently decorated for your comfort and enjoyment. All rooms have private bathrooms, TV-VCR, ceiling fan, bathrobes and air conditioning. Select rooms have jacuzzi tubs.
Celebrate your wedding at An Inn on the Ocean! It would be our pleasure to assist in planning all or part of your special day. We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you various options and menus to make your event memorable and special.
Thank you for considering An Inn on the Ocean. Make every event special!
Letter To The Bride and Groom
THE INN ON THE OCEAN is a deluxe, elegant, romantic, one of a kind location to host your wedding, rehearsal dinner, bridal shower or luncheon, engagement party, honeymoon or other special occasion. We are located on the ocean at 10th Street in Ocean City, Maryland. Our wrap around Veranda has a spectacular ocean view which creates a dramatic backdrop for your event.
Our deluxe INN also has accommodations for you and your out of town guests. Each room is magnificently decorated for your comfort and enjoyment. All rooms have private bathrooms, TV/VCRs, ceiling fans, bathrobes and air conditioning. Select rooms have Jacuzzi tubs. We serve a gourmet seated breakfast each morning. For your convenience, we offer beach umbrellas, beach towels, chairs and bicycles.
It would be our pleasure to assist in planning all or part of your special day. We welcome the opportunity to discuss with you various options and menus to make your event memorable.
Thank you for considering THE INN ON THE OCEAN.
Your hosts, Vicki and Charlie Barrett
Our guests say it all...
"Nothing as outstanding or beautiful in Ocean City"
"Magnificent, a real gem, one of a kind, a piece of art"
"Better than the Best"
My husband and I stayed at your Inn for our wedding anniversary, our 1 year anniversary and again the summer of our 3rd. After that we moved to CT. We wanted to check in with you after Hurricane Sandy and see how you all are doing. We saw some pictures of the water around Ocean City, MD and thought immediately about your beautiful inn and you all. I remember one year we stayed at the Inn for the 4th of July and Vicki you made the BEST Cobb Salad in this huge bowl among other food for all of the guests staying there for the holiday. It was a memorable 4th watching the fireworks from the front porch. Thank you for some great memories and we send our prayers and good thoughts hoping you all are ok and the Inn will be back so someday we can stay there again. - Valerie and Steve
Jen and I wanted to thank you for a fantasic night in your Inn and a wonderful breakfast. We stayed with you for our honeymoon on July 18th and you made us feel very special that following morning with a candle and a wish. We have attached a photo that we thought you would find humerous. Have a great summer and we look forward to staying with you again. Thank you - Glen & Jen aka Glenifer
Your Inn on the Ocean has created memories for us which will never be forgotten. The welcome you provide began the moment we walked in and will now be something we look forward to for years to come. The room, food and all you do is top notch and made for one of the best Memorial Day weekends ever. Thank you for helping me make Donna's birthday weekend so special. We look forward to our return. - Monty N.
We had another fabulous time at your outstanding B&B. The creme brulee french toast with turkey sausage and that cheese and salami egg dish with rosemary/thyme potatoes was unforgettable. We treasure the time we spend here each summer with you and Charlie. You are kind and caring hosts. Thanks! - Sally and Susan
Our stay at the Inn on the Ocean was excellent! Mr. Boston (Charlie) & Vicki have a wonderful place. My thank to Mr. B for recommending Fresco's Restaurant on 82nd and many thanks to Vicki for her wonderful breakfasts. This was our honeymoon x 11 and we enjoyed every minute of it! Also, thank you to Josh the Inn Keeper! He was great and helped with any questions we had. - Ritter and Teresa, Harrisonburg, VA
Great food, beautiful home. We had a blessed time. God bless! Fair Winds and Following Seas!! - Lt. Jeremy J. Bills, USN
When the time came to pop the question to Fran, there was only one place it should be - right here at the Inn! Thank you both for another wonderful and most memorable time. Look forward to our return. - John and Fran
We've had a wonderful and restful time here. We really appreciate the many amenites - beach towels, bikes, umbrella, fridge but the hospitality and breakfast triumph. Can't wait to use the new cookbook. - Darice and John
Things To Do
- Hit the boardwalk. At just under three miles, the Ocean City, Maryland boardwalk is a perfect family bike ride, an invigorating walk or run, or a relaxing tram ride. At night the boardwalk comes to life with rides, arcades, performers and so much more.
- Indulge in our culinary delights. Ocean City restaurants serve up boardwalk fries, Maryland crab cakes, hot, fresh pizza, juicy Delmarva fried chicken, sweet saltwater taffy and some of the finest dining in the mid-Atlantic.
- Catch the sun's ups and downs. Sunsets are spectacular on the inlet as the sun sinks down toward the bay. And a glorious sunrise on the Ocean City beach is worth getting up early for.
- Go back in time. Explore Ocean City, Maryland's colorful history at the Life-Saving Station Museum, or take a walking tour of our historic downtown area.
- Check out Assateague's wild ponies. The famous ponies are just nine miles from OC, along with nature trails, deer, foxes and thousands of birds.
- Do some serious shopping. Hit our outlets, the boardwalk, enclosed mall, boutiques or do some antiquing in nearby Snow Hill and Berlin.
- Enjoy our nights of free family fun.
- Enjoy Sundaes in the Park. This favorite family event combines a free concert with ice cream for a small fee at Northside Park, 127th Street (bayside) Sundays from 7 p.m. While parents enjoy the music, children will enjoy special entertainment just for them. July 14, 21, 28; August 4, 11, 18, 25, 2013.
- Concerts on the Beach, free. Enjoy free concerts for the entire family, Wednesday evenings from 8:00 to 9:30 at the Division Street beach. July 10, 17, 24, 31; August 7, 14, 21, 28, 2013.
- Catch a Free Movie Under the Stars, free. Starting June 24, families can gather for a movie right on the beach. Mondays and Fridays at 27th Street on the beach, Wednesdays at the Carousel Hotel and Thursdays at the Princess Royale Hotel. 8:30 p.m.
- Family Beach Olympics. Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the 27th St. beach, Family Beach Olympics will offer such activities as sand castle contests, tug of war, relay games and more. Children must be accompanied by parents or guardians. June 25; July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; August 6, 2013.
- Sunset Park Party Nights. Every Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m., watch the sun set over the Isle of Wight Bay with music and entertainment. July 11, 18, 25; August 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, 2013.
- Explore the beauty of Northside Park. This 58-acre complex is OC's largest and most popular park facility. Play your favorite sport on our softball, baseball or soccer fields. Or pack a lunch, grab your family and enjoy some quality time at one of our lovely picnic sites. Northside Park is also home to playgrounds, a gazebo and walking paths.
- Fore! Ocean City is home to some of the most scenic and challenging courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Or if putt-putt is more your speed you will find a number of those fun courses in town.
- Plan your return trip to OC ASAP. There's so much to do, you'll never fit it all into one visit. So scope out what you'd like to try on your next Ocean City vacation, and make your reservations now!
Excerpt from http://ococean.com
Directions & Distances
From the North (New York, New Jersey):
Take the New Jersey Turnpike South to the end and cross the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Stay in the right lane. Follow Rt 95 South to exit 4A and signs for Route 1 South. The sign for this exit will say Christiana Mall. Be careful. If you miss this exit you will be headed to Baltimore! Continue on Rt.1 South through Delaware and into Maryland, approximately 2 hours. Follow the Coastal Highway (Route 1) to 8th Street. Your almost there when you see the red Texaco star on the left. Turn left onto 8th Street, gone one full block and turn left onto Baltimore Avenue. Go two blocks to 10th Street and turn right, The Inn on the Ocean is the last house on the left, facing the ocean and Boardwalk. Parking for The Inn on the Ocean guests is provided in the six spaces behind the building.
From the South:
Take Rt. 13 North to in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. Follow rt.13 North to Salisbury, Maryland. Take rt. 50 East. Washington and Northern Virginia: From 495 Beltway take Rt. 50 East (Exit 19). Follow Rt.50 East to Ocean City. Central Pennsylvania: From Rt. 83 South, take the Baltimore Beltway Rt. 695 to Rt. 97 South to Rt. 50 East. Follow directions for Rt. 50 East
Rt. 695 (Baltimore Beltway) to Rt. 97 South (Exit 4) to Rt. 50 East. Follow directions for Rt. 50 East
Rt. 50 East into Ocean City:
Take Rt. 50 East all the way into Ocean City/Inlet. (Do not take Rt. 90 East which will take you north of 60th Street). After you cross the Rt. 50 drawbridge into Ocean City, turn left onto Baltimore Avenue. Turn right on 10th Street. The Inn on the Ocean is at the very end of the street by the ocean and the boardwalk. Please park behind The Inn.
Baltimore 144 Miles
Washington 153 Miles
Pittsburgh 407 miles
Philadelphia 150 miles
New York 206 Miles
Richmond 225 miles