Blue Door on Baltimore
The Patterson Room
The Patterson Room is located on our second floor. It is named after Patterson Park and William Patterson, of course. One of William’s beautiful daughters, Elizabeth “Betsy”, was for a short time married to Jerome Bonaparte, brother of Napoleon. Please feel free to ask us for the rest of the story.
The Patterson provides a King Sized Bed, a private outside deck, and deluxe bathroom. There are great views of our row house neighborhood from the deck. Maybe just a relaxing soak in the tub for a while is in order. Like all rooms at the Blue Door on Baltimore the Patterson has, a bath with both a separate claw-foot bathtub and shower, a large sitting area with writing desk, satellite television, Internet access, and cozy robes to curl up in.
The Patterson also adjoins the Hampstead Room for those traveling together and wishing connecting rooms.
The Hampstead Room
The Hampstead Room is located on the Third floor at the rear of our facility. It’s namesake, Hampstead Hill, is the site where Patterson Park was later to be established and is the section of the park where it’s famous pagoda is located. Hampstead Hill was an instrumental part of the Battle of Baltimore in the War of 1812 which inspired Francis Scott Key to write the poem that later become our national anthem. See the Harbor just as he did from this room’s private balcony.
The Hampstead provides a King Sized Bed, a private outside deck, and deluxe bathroom with separate soaking tub and shower. Take a seat on the deck, catch some fresh air, relax, and absorb our row house neighborhood views. Like all other rooms at the Blue Door on Baltimore the Hampstead has a large sitting area with writing desk, satellite television, wireless Internet access, and cozy robes to curl up in.
The Hampstead does adjoin the Patterson Room for families or groups traveling together.
The Washburn Room
The Washburn Room is street-side on our second floor and is the Blue Door’s largest room. It faces Baltimore Street, separating Baltimore City into north and south as the unit block. The room name comes from the Civil War era of Patterson Park when the park became a large tent city and was used as a Union Army Rehabilitation Hospital. At that time Butcher’s Hill received its name. Many of the local residents were butchers who had shops and staging areas near the inner harbor and provided meats consumed by the Union Army.
Indulge yourself in this restful and romantic room with its King Sized Bed, sitting area with writing desk, and very large bathroom. Soak in the tub for a while. Enjoy a good book from our library, just next door, by the light of the room’s three tall windows. Or, just get away from everything to relax and revitalize. The Washburn also has in-room satellite television, wireless Internet access, the private bath with separate soaking tub and shower, and cozy robes to curl up in.
The Washburn can also accommodate a third traveler with its twin size fold out Ottoman.
Rates and Policies
Our room rates:
- Generally vary between $139 to $179 per night depending upon the season and availability.
- Discounts up to 15% in rates are automatically included for stays booked more than 3 months in advance, as a thank-you for helping us manage our availability schedule.
- Rates include breakfast, complementary beverage and snack services, internet access, our many amenities, and free unrestricted street parking (more details below).
- Preferred rates for Corporate, Medical Center, College, and extended-stay guests are available upon request. There also is a special rate for booking our entire facility for a group.
- Weekend stays are generally subject to a 2-night minimum stay requirement.
- Last minute on-line bookings will reflect rate and minimum night adjustments for remaining availability.
- Deposits of 30% are requested for stays 6 or more days in duration and special events.
- General Check-in time is between 3:00 PM – 7:30 PM. Pre-arranged early arrivals with bag drop-off and preliminary check-in are welcomed.
- The intamate nature of our establishment does not allow for us to have a 24-hour front desk. Check-in’s after 10:00 PM must be arranged in advance.
- Check out is at 11:00 AM
- Your entire scheduled stay is billed upon arrival to allow for the most flexibility in your departure plans.
- You may leave your bags with us during the day of your departure to attend to attend to final activities.
- We understand travel plans can change and cancellations may be necessary. Our intimate experience, availability, and the rates we offer are all affected by these events.
- Cancellations (14) or more days prior to arrival will be charged a $25 per night service fee. Less than 14 days prior to arrival, all cancellations are subject to a $50 service fee per each room night reserved or one single night stay (Plus Tax), whichever value is greater.
- Cancelled reservations may optionally be converted to a pre-paid gift certificate for a future stay.
- Time remaining on abbreviated stays will be converted to a gift certificate for use at a later time.
- (Exceptions for business travel, and special circumstances apply)
Communication: Reservation follow-up will be conducted through the email addresses provided unless otherwise requested to ensure your privacy.
- Being an urban Inn we receive many inquires regarding parking. There is ample street parking available for our Blue on Baltimore guests. This is available to you at no additional cost.
- Ample street parking is available to our guests. Limited off-street parking is available for reservation on a first come-first serve basis and our needs to accommodate late arrivals.
- We do not have an off-street spot for every guest. If you prefer to not utilize street parking during your stay you may reserve a spot at the additional charge of $25 for the stay.
- When choosing the reserved parking option, it is subject to a street parking request from the innkeeper to possibly accommodate a new guest with a very late arrival (with parking charge refunded to you).
- All Blue Door on Baltimore rooms are nonsmoking. There is an outdoor designated area for smoking. A $250 cleaning recovery charge where smoking is found in the room.
- Sorry No Pets- we have a Cat on site who would love to meet you with your permission, another animal on-site does not allow the innkeepers a good night’s rest. If you are traveling with a pet we do have arrangements with a local boarding facility, less than five minutes away.
- Our community has ample street parking for our guests. There is some limited private parking available which is assigned to accommodate late-night arrivals and special needs.
- Circumstances in managing our building may make us unable to guarentee your initial room selection. We ask for your understanding and will communicate any need for a room change in advance of your arrival.
- Children are welcome but those less than 10 years of age may like the amenities of a larger facility.