York Harbor Suite
Our breathtakingly romantic and spaciously elegant York Harbor Suite is beautifully furnished with period antique treasures and floral hand painted floors and walls, with a breezy screened private sunroom porch perched above the garden fountains, a large separate sitting parlor, and a queen-size four-poster pencil bed in the sleeping area with a ceiling fan. A favorite for honeymoon, anniversary, or birthday celebrations, the room is decorated in soft shades of mauve, teal, and ecru. The suite has a private bath, refrigerator, and gas log fireplace.
Located on a sunken level of the first floor, this uniquely shaped room with five windows features its own entrance to a private sitting area on the verandah overlooking the lawns and garden woodlands and is luxuriously furnished in rich tones of champagne, olive, and claret. The windows and queen-size sleigh style bed are decorated in striped damask and jacquards exuding old world warmth and charm. The Billiard Room has a gas log fireplace, refrigerator, and private bath.
Walk through double doors on the mezzanine level of the grand staircase into the essence of yesteryear. Once the library, this room offers a distinctive combination sleeping and sitting area with a refrigerator and gas log fireplace. The five large windows and high ceilings are accented with intriguingly angled striped wallcoverings and fabrics in shades of mocha, burgundy, and teal. The Library has a queen bed, ceiling fan, and large private bath with glassed-in shower.
Cottage Rose Suite
Two rooms inspired by quintessential Maine! This suite reflects the ambiance of a seaside cottage with its lighthouse mural, hand painted furniture, wicker, quilts, and Laura Ashley floral fabrics in soft pastels of mint and tea rose. The Cottage Suite has a vintage antique ivory queen-size bed and private bath, with an adjoining sitting room that graciously expands the living space with a sofa, refrigerator, ceiling fan, and twin bed. There is an additional fee of $25 for an extra guest.
Reminiscent of turn-of-the-century voyages at sea, this peaceful and restful room is appointed with charcoal and white toile wallcoverings, antique inlaid mahogany furnishings, and an authentic embossed oak and brass seafarer's chest. The Captain's Quarters features a queen size English brass bed with 'Dancing Lady' tapestry sidechairs and an extended private bath with two sinks and a combination shower tub.
Garden Canopy Room
Located on the north side of the house overlooking the perennial gardens, fountains, and lovely woodlands, the Garden Canopy Room is a comforting cozy retreat. Fabrics and bed linens in shades of rust, peach, and sage accent the soft butter yellow walls. Highlights are the elegantly draped raised queen-size four-poster rice bed and the 'secret passageway' private bath with an antique oak dresser sink.
- Children over twelve are preferred. Please call us for exceptions. We offer a quiet peaceful retreat for all of our guests. There are many fragile collections and antiques throughout the inn and we have been honored to host many wonderful kids here. However, we do ask all parents to thoughtfully evaluate their children's personal supervisionary needs before considering this inn. We do have deluxe queen and twin Aerobeds available for family needs.
- No Pets please.
- Registered Guests Only: Due to the intimacy of the inn, the rooms in our home are intended for registered guests only.
- Smoking: Tanglewood is an environmentally conscious oriented B&B and Smoke Free Inn. For the comfort and safety of all our guests, we do not allow smoking in the house or on porches. Smoking is allowed in the garden, lawn, and woodland areas.
- Two-night minimum stay on Saturdays generally from Memorial Day through Columbus Day, please contact us for exceptions.
- Reservations: We require a one night's stay or 50% deposit (whichever is larger) for each room to be processed at the time of your reservation. This deposit shall apply to your last night(s) stay. The balance is due upon your arrival at Check-in.
- Payment: We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Cash. Prices are subject to Maine Lodging Tax of 7%. Gift Certificates are also available for lodging redemptions only.
- Check-in: Between 3:00PM and 6:00PM only, unless special arrangements have been confirmed with advance notice.
- Check-out: Anytime before 11AM.
- Cancellations: Unlike most Bed and Breakfasts, if circumstances for a cancellation are deemed warranted, a courtesy Gift Certificate may be issued for a future stay at the Innkeeper's discretion. Otherwise: Notice given 14 days (or more) prior to a room reservation will receive a full refund less a $25.00 credit card handling fee. Cancellations within the 14-day period will incur a loss of deposit. Last minute cancellations (within 5 days of the reservation) will result in a charge for the entire reserved stay, unless we are able re-rent all nights. We regretfully can not grant refunds for early departures.
- Rates: All rates are subject to change without notice. Rates are only guaranteed for deposited reservations.
Children over twelve are welcome. Please call for exceptions. We do have a queen-sized airbed available for family needs.