Table Of Contents
- Breakfast: Breakfast is served from 8:00 to 10:00 a.m. in the sunny, art- and antique-filled dining room. Fresh fruits, juices, coffee and Mighty Leaf organic teas, and a rotating selection of sweet and savory small-plates options (such as open-faced pulled pork egg sandwiches, strawberry lemon and basil salad, overnight oatmeal, brioche au chocolate and lemon-ginger scones) are offered each day.
- Sweet treats are also available in the afternoon for your midday enjoyment.
- Free high-speed wireless internet access: Use your computer to access the internet for free from anywhere in the Inn.
- Early check-in: Check-in time is after 4pm, but we are happy to check you in earlier if your room is available.
Around the Area
Superb restaurants, theatre and galleries, outdoor activities,and the perfect home-away-from-home from which to enjoy it all.
Portland offers an astonishing variety of things to do, see, listen to, buy, eat, and experience. Sophisticated or fun, business or not, a stay at the Pomegranate can be calm and restorative or fast-paced and exciting, but it will never be dull.
The Pomegranate is a short walk to the midtown Arts District, with myriad small galleries, as well as the Portland Museum of Art and the Children's Museum of Maine. A short distance farther is the Old Port Exchange, where great restaurants, galleries and shops abound, and the waterfront provides an ever changing backdrop. Seasonally, there is ice skating, open markets, street theatre, beach basking and snowshoeing.
Music, theatre, spas, museums, galleries, historic homes, parades, cruises, sightseeing—Portland is teeming with activities. Browse these links for a sample of everything it has to offer.
An Inn for All Seasons
- Winter... The city blazes with sparkling lights and gaiety. Snowshoe on Macworth Island, skate on Deering Oaks Pond or join the bustle of shoppers, and museum and gallery goers. Inside, the Inn is a veritable visual treat of holiday glam and glowing fires, a welcome sanctuary for a mug of hot cocoa.
- Spring... The city comes to life with flowering trees in bloom, sailing on the bay, and reading in the Pomegranate Garden becomes a favorite pastime. Celebrate Valentine's Day with a romantic weekend getaway, admire the architecture right outside the door, and take in the view over the western highlands and Portland Harbor.
- Summer... This delicious season is full of sun, balmy evenings and offshore breezes. Explore Casco Bay on the local ferries, bask at the gorgeous beaches, walk downtown for a gourmet dinner, people watch at an outdoor cafe.
- Fall... Ablaze with autumn's extraordinary New England palette, the air is crisp with hints of snow. Catch a play at Portland Stage Company, shop for treasures in the antique shops, stroll the cobbled streets of the Old Port, and sip a hot clove-scented cider.
Classic accommodations with a touch of panache, the Pomegranate Inn is a visual treat, a soothing sanctuary and a sophisticated pied-à-terre in the heart of Portland's architecturally distinct Western Promenade. This elegant small hotel has received rave reviews from guests as well as national and regional publications. Eight stunning guestrooms provide luxury and comfort for a romantic getaway, a haven for the business traveler, or a destination for a few days of art, dining and shopping.
The Pomegranate Inn gives guests a sense of peace and privilege. There are fine linens, private baths, modern technology and all the necessities for a stay that is delightful and free from tension.
Sculpture, art, furniture and fabrics combine in a brilliant play of color and texture that startle, amuse, then encourage you to kick back and unwind in this upbeat inn where the goal is to exceed your expectations.
Breakfast at Pomegranate Inn offers a bit of whimsy and sophistication, just like the inn itself. Gourmet small-plates (think tapas for breakfast!) are thoughtfully prepared and served between 8:00 and 10:00am.
Our goal is to make everything about your experience at the Pomegranate Inn extraordinary. We are at your service to provide whatever you need, from the ordinary to the sublime. Maps, directions, restaurant information, current exhibits, theatre, what not to miss, and the best time to go. We know Portland, and we love to share the ins and outs of this chic little city.