The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
The Longfellow Room
The Longfellow is one of our largest guest rooms, with a beautiful queen-size four-poster canopy bed. Enjoy the cozy seating area with cast-iron style electric fireplace and large turret windows that overlook the cityscape. This guest room offers a very spacious new private bathroom en suite with full-shower and is designed to spoil those who deserve to be.
The Abbott Room
The Abbott features a queen-size bed and a cozy reading space and a cast-iron style electric fireplace. Warm, romantic hues and garden views make this room very special. For those that like to sleep in, morning sun won’t wake you from the north facing windows. This guest room offers a private bathroom en suite with a traditional tub and shower.
The Baxter Room
The most private of our rooms, The Baxter is the perfect retreat to unwind and leave your worries behind. Take in the beautiful garden views from your own outdoor balcony; large enough for two people to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. Cross the private hall to your large private bathroom with traditional shower and tub. The Baxter also offers a beautiful queen-sized Made in Maine solid ash bed with mantled electric fireplace. Being the smallest of our rooms, The Baxter is perfect for shorter stays.
The Chamberlain Room
The Chamberlain is spacious and graciously decorated in soft blue and taupe with bay windows overlooking Chadwick Street. Cozy up to the warm mantled electric fireplace on those chilly Maine evenings in your roomy king-size bed. The over-sized leather chair and ottoman beckon you to sink in and enjoy a book or bottle of wine. Soft and luxurious terry cloth robes are provided for you to cross the hall to your large private bathroom with traditional shower and tub.
- A first-night deposit (plus tax) is required to secure your reservation and will be billed to your Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. At this time, we do not accept American Express.
- The remainder of your balance is due at check-in and can be paid with credit card, traveler’s checks, or cash. Your reservation is not confirmed until your deposit has been successfully processed. An automatic confirmation will be sent by our reservation system to the email you provide.
- Check-In time is 2pm to 6pm: If you will be arriving later than 6pm, please contact us to make late check-in arrangements for a self check-in. It is rare that we can accommodate an early check-in but we are always happy to store baggage. Please call to make advance arrangements.
- Check-Out time is before 11am: If you need to leave before breakfast is served, please let us know and we will be happy to prepare a bagged breakfast for you to take with you. A late check-out must be arranged in advance with the Innkeeper to assure there is ample time to prepare the room for guests arriving later that day.
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast is the closest accommodations to Maine Medical Center and is within walking distance to Mercy Hospital. If you are visiting family or friends, please call for emergency reservations.
- CANCELLATION POLICY & REFUNDS: At The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast, we understand that life sometimes throws a curve ball and plans unexpectedly change. We make many preparations, including purchases and scheduling our staff, based on reservations. Cancellations affect us greatly, therefore we ask you to agree to the following cancellation policy at the time of booking: If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14-days in advance of your arrival date. With this advance notice, we will refund your credit card your deposit minus a $25 cancellation fee per room reserved. The $25 cancellation fee also applies to changes in your arrival/departure date that result in a shorter stay. Reservations cancelled less than 14-days prior to your arrival date will be charged in-full on the original date of arrival, unless we are able to re-book your room(s) with another party. We will make every effort to re-book your room(s) and will refund any room(s) we are able to re-book minus a $25 cancellation fee per room reserved. All canceled reservations, regardless of notice or reason, will be charged a $25 minimum cancellation fee. No refunds are provided for late arrivals, early departures, or no-shows.
- The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast is a NON-SMOKING property. For the health and safety of our guests, smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises, and a minimum $250 cleaning fee is imposed for smoking inside the house. Additionally, we do not have designated outdoor smoking areas; we ask that you cross the street. Your complete cooperation is expected.
- Only two guests per room—no exceptions.
- Children over the age of 14 are welcome but must be accompanied by a family member.
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets.
- Any violation of these policies will result in being asked to find other accommodations and refunds will not be considered.