Table Of Contents
Located in the Heart of Central Maine and the Lakes Region
Welcome to the Wolf Cove Inn, an unforgettable, relaxing and romantic Bed and Breakfast set on the shores of Tripp Lake in Poland, Maine. Freshly renovated, we celebrate the beauty of Maine with a palate of window, wall and highlights that will magically transport you from the rocky Maine Coast to the grandeur of the Western Mountains of Maine and the serenity of the Maine Lakes Region.
As our guest you will delight in a complementary Wolf Cove Inn three-course gourmet breakfast in our tranquil dining area overlooking Tripp Lake. Then step outside and breathe in the fresh air, enjoy the lush gardens, the majestic pine grove and our extensive private shorefront on Tripp Lake, where serenity abounds.
Visit the Wolf Cove Inn, our authentic Maine Lakes Bed and Breakfast, and wrap yourself in the beauty of nature’s gifts. And if you can’t imagine enjoying a vacation without your four-legged best friend, then bring Fido along in any of our pet friendly rooms!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Sue & Roy for sharing their secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
The Wolf Cove Inn is the premier upscale lodging property in the region. Travelers visiting the Lakes region summer camps, events at Bates College and Hebron Academy and visitors to the Oxford Casino are frequent guests. The other frequent guests are those looking for beauty, peace and relaxation for a weekend or short during-the-week get away. We also have many wedding parties staying with us when attending local wedding venues.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
The beautiful setting on Tripp Lake, with our gorgeous perennial gardens and majestic pine grove have visitor’s exclaiming “wow” from the minute they come into the driveway. With the huge renovation we’ve just completed to overhaul almost the entire Inn, we are now getting the “wow” experience for the interior of the Inn. Most commonly we see people walking around wide-eyed saying “this place is gorgeous”, “it’s so relaxing and peaceful”, “I can’t believe I never knew this was here”, and “we can’t believe what you’ve done with this place” from returning guests. Oh and Sue and I are incredibly hospitable and we serve and awesome breakfast (just check out the reviews on TA and BedandBreakfast.com since we reopened three weeks ago).
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Jumping off point for local attractions such as the lake camps, the Oxford Casino and many other Maine day-trip attractions.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
We had a reporter from WGME TV here to do a special piece for their Daybreak Road Trippin’ show and he said “I’ve been doing the show for three years and this is the nicest place I’ve ever been”. Someone else commented (our CPA who works with many Inns in Maine) said “The only place that rivals this is The White Barn Inn”.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Well, what our guests have been saying (and even local Chamber of Commerce members) is that it is the Inn itself - we have some serious marketing to do!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit the rocky coast, the mountains and pick a lake or two. There is also great outlet shopping in Freeport and Kittery. Finally, a few years ago Bon Appetit named nearby Portland the “best foodie small city” in the states.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
76 Pleasant Street in Norway.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
The three local Chambers of Commerce and their website are the best bet there, as well as the Oxford Casino site (currently undergoing an overhaul). The Chambers are Androscoggin County, Sebago Lakes Region and Oxford Hills.
How many rooms does your inn have?
Eleven, five of which are suites (king beds, fireplaces in all but one, spas, sitting areas) and the other six being rooms (queen beds, or two of which have two twins that can be made into a king).
Do you accept pets?
Yes, we are pet friendly in three of our second floor accommodations - Winter Harbor suite (king with queen sofa in separate living room), Rangeley Lake (queen) and Moosehead Lake (two twins can be made into a king).
Things to Do...
L L Bean · Historic Old Port · Antique Shopping · Shaker Village · Historic Maine Buildings
Day Trips to the White Mountains & the Ocean
Explore the gardens, stroll through the giant pines, take a swim, go canoeing or simply watch the sun set across the lake. Our outside deck or flagstone terrace is the perfect setting for, bird watching, beautiful sunsets and quiet conversations.
Enjoy a walk or jog along Jordan Shore Drive, which meanders along the shoreline of Tripp Lake. We are open seasonally May-October for that special get-a-way at Wolf Cove Inn Lakeside Bed and Breakfast. We will also open in the off season for special events.
Wolf Cove Inn Lakeside Bed and Breakfast is a member of the Androscoggin Country Chamber, Sebago Lakes Chamber, Oxford Hills Chamber, and the Maine Innkeepers Association.
Weddings, Showers & Events
A Special Day for a Special Couple should be, well, SPECIAL! And if you want your special day to be a special, intimate weekend with closest friends and family then it should be, well, EXTRAORDINARY!
There are many wonderful venues that can offer you a nicely decorated function room where you’ll have a wonderful reception with great food, a lively atmosphere and an overall great wedding day. However if what you want is a truly unique and a “talk of the town” Maine wedding experience, there are few if any that can deliver something you will all be talking about for the rest of your lives.
At the Wolf Cove Inn Mother Nature provides your wedding décor - and no one does décor better than Mother Nature. For your nuptials, would you prefer towering pines as your ushers? Or would you prefer the sunlight reflecting like a thousand diamonds off the lake as the backdrop for the bride and groom? Or perhaps being enveloped by floral scents in a meticulous perennial garden is your idea of the perfect wedding. Well, at the Wolf Cove Inn we can deliver any and all of those.
Even better, your wedding doesn’t need to be just a day but rather it can be a weekend celebration with family and friends. With luxurious upscale lodging for up to 29 guests in eleven rooms and suites, you will be surrounded by loved ones in an intimate, exclusive setting for an entire weekend.
- Start with a welcome reception for guests on Friday evening in our grand room or outdoors among nature’s gifts. Whether a full catered rehearsal meal or a light drinks and appetizer social, your weary traveling guests will find a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere.
- Before the wedding on Saturday your guests at the Inn can canoe or kayak on the lake or they can join other wedding attendees to enjoy the local hiking and biking trails, shopping in nearby Auburn and Lewiston, sit around our porches and gardens and gab or even try their odds at taking home some winnings at the Oxford Casino.
While wedding attendees are having a wonderful day prior to the event, the bridal party is in our spacious bridal suite prepping for the big event. The bride and her entourage will have plenty of room to put the finishing touches on makeup, hair and nails in the Sugarloaf Mountain suite overlooking Tripp Lake. Sip mimosas and nibble on fruit and cheese plates while you have your beauty buffed and shined!
- Oh, and then have your wedding ceremony and reception right at the Wolf Cove Inn, including the after party! No one has to go anywhere. And when done for the evening, the Inn guests just need to trot upstairs, and the newlyweds right back to that spacious honeymoon suite featuring a large spa and intimate gas stove. And for guests not staying at the Inn we can arrange transportation to other local lodging.
Finally, on Sunday morning send everyone off with an added glow at a Sunday brunch at the Wolf Cove Inn – a final intimate interlude of a forever-memorable weekend for the newlyweds, wrapped in the love of family and friends.
We have many options for your special day or weekend at the Wolf Cove Inn. Hold your ceremony in our Inn’s elegant Maine Room, in the majestic pine grove, on our lakeside patio, in the private wedding garden or on our spacious waterside lawn. We can also refer you to a highly reputable wedding planner to offer FULL service planning of your event facilities to ensure it’s done right if that is your desire.
Our wedding packages are designed to take care of all your facility needs so you don’t have to worry about them. Our wedding packages consist of the following items:
- Full use of the grounds of the Inn,
- For outdoor weddings, a tent to accommodate all guests of the wedding, including side panels, dance floor, lighting and heating,
- Off site parking shuttle service - we use the high school parking lot about a mile done the road from our property,
- A bartender for the event, including service for the bridal party in the Bridal Suite prior to the ceremony,
- All clean up not completed by the caterer,
- Portable septic
Pricing is dependent on the number of wedding attendees and on the type of tent (Frame, Sail or Century) and septic (Wedding Standard or Wedding Superior). Pricing starts as follows (including taxes):
Up to X Guests 50 80 Insider / 100 Outside 150 200 250 Indoor $2,300 $2,900 Outdoor $5,000 $6,100 $8,600 $9,700 $11,500
We also require the contracting party guarantee two nights rental of all eleven rooms at Inn for the weekend of the event since we won’t be able to rent rooms to other guests while holding a wedding on site. As guests of the wedding pay for their accommodations, that amount is deducted from the cost to the contracting party. We also provide all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for which we would work out separate pricing.
Bridal and Baby Showers
Our beautiful lakeside Inn is the perfect place for bridal and baby showers. Please contact us for rates.
How to Find Us
From the Maine Turnpike take EXIT 63, follow Rt. 26 North approximately 14 1/2 miles to intersection of Rt. 11 South. Turn left and go 1.2 miles on Rt. 11, turn right onto Jordan Shore Drive we are the first house on the right.
From Rt. 302 Take Rt. 11 North in Naples, approximately 12 miles. Turn left onto Jordan Shore drive we are the first house on the right.
Auburn From the intersection of Court Street & Minot Ave. (Denny's) Route 11/121 South or East (Minot Ave.) On Rt. 11 S go about 9 miles to Mechanic Falls. At traffic light, take a left and continue on Rt. 11 for 2.8 miles. Cross Rt. 26. Go 1.2 miles and take a right onto Jordan Shore Drive. We are the first house on the right.
Pet Friendly Policies
Our dogs are a special part of our family at the Wolf Cove Inn, so we understand that your pet is a special part of your family, and while you are staying with us, your pet is a special guest of the Inn. To make your pet feel at home, we are happy to supply pet blankets, water bowls, trash bags, and treats.
As a pet:
- I’ll make sure mommy and daddy let the Wolf Cove Inn know I’m coming in advance of their bringing me to this fun place. They tell me I can stay in one of three 2nd floor rooms that are friendly to me – Rangeley Lake, Penobscot Bay and the Winter Harbor suite for a fee of $30 a night.
- I’ll make sure I register at check in. Mom and dad will need to provide a cell phone number (whatever that is) in case of emergency.
- I am not allowed in interior common areas of the Inn, including the Grande Dining Room, and sitting room areas unless I’m a service dog.
- For the safety and comfort of all guests, I can’t play in Tripp Lake in the presence of other guests. But if no one else is around, I can have fun there.
- I must be with my owners at all times, and not left unattended in my room. I have to be taken with mom and dad whenever they leave the property, unless pet-sitting services have been arranged.
- Those mean people in Poland passed a law that makes me wear a leash at all times when outside. Except for lake-frolicking and run-around-on-the-lawn time, I must be on a leash at all times when outside my room.
- I need to make sure mom and dad pick up after me after I take care of my business, if you know what I mean. I’ll tell them there is a convenient trashcan located just inside the garage door.
- The nice people at Bee’s Pet Boarding will take care of me if mom and dad need alone time. I’ll enjoy the short walk to Bee’s from the Inn. I’ll ask mom and dad to please make arrangements prior to arrival.
- I’m a well-behaved dog, and I know well-behaved dogs don’t bark excessively, so I won’t do that or they might take away my treats.
- What? I can’t get on the furniture or bedding! How rude.
- As a pet, I know my mommy and daddy might have to part with some green and white paper from their wallet if I damage anything in the Wolf Cove Inn or leave a mess behind, so I’ll try to avoid doing that.
- I’ll tell mom and dad to call the Inn with any questions I have regarding pet-friendly rooms and suites and their availability.