West Quoddy Suite
This is the largest, most spacious guest room at the inn. When you enter the two-room suite you are in the sunny sitting room which has a gas stove, two comfortable chairs for seating and a flatscreen TV. The bedroom features a king size four poster bed with wonderful pineapple carving. The large bathroom has a shower stall and a large soaking tub.
The most popular room at the inn, this corner room, located at the rear of the building, has wonderful views of the gardens and grounds. You also have views of the Damariscotta River in the distance. There is a beautiful, four poster king size bed from which you can watch the flames flicker in the gas fireplace. The bathroom has a tub and shower.
Pemaquid Point Suite
This two room suite has recently been remodeled. The brand new bathroom has a beautiful tiled shower. The new vanity with a marble counter top is the finishing touch to this lovely bathroom. The sitting room has two comfortable chairs and the bedroom has a flatscreen TV and gas fireplace. There are views of the gardens and Damariscotta River from the windows.
The Seguin Island room is a corner room on the second floor of the Inn. This queen bedroom is painted a beautiful sea glass color that sometimes looks blue and at other times it looks green, depending on the time of day and creates a feeling of peacefulness and tranquility. The coverlet with its print of seashells and starfish, along with the white wicker chairs and blinds, all contribute to the mood and feeling of being at a seaside cottage. There is a flatscreen TV. The bathroom has a shower.
This bright, sunny corner room, on the third floor, has views of the gardens and the Damariscotta River. There is a king size four poster bed and a gas stove tucked into the corner. There is a flatscreen TV and the sitting nook has two comfortable chairs and the large bathroom, with shower, has more great views of the river. Rate: 185 - 255
This spacious third floor room is uniquely configured and filled with nooks and crannies. There is a queen bed and gas stove and the windows provide views of the side gardens and the river. There is a flatscreen TV. The bathroom has a shower.
This third floor room with a queen four poster bed has a cozy sitting area with comfortable chairs. There is also a flatscreen TV. The large bathroom has a tub and shower.
The old fashioned cast iron bed is complimented by the white wicker in this corner room. The bathroom has a very large deluxe size shower.
This lovely room, with a bay window and private deck, overlooks the gardens and has great views of the river. There is a queen size bed and the bathroom has a shower.
This room has a private outside entrance. You can enjoy the gas fireplace from the queen four poster bed. The sliding door beckons you to sit outside on your private deck. The bathroom has a tub and shower.
Isle au Haut
There are two antique twin beds in this corner room. The multiple windows provide wonderful light and delightful breezes. The bathroom has a shower.
This large and spacious room has a cast iron queen size bed. The large sitting area has two comfortable chairs and windows that look out to the back gardens and the Damariscotta River. The newly remodeled bathroom has a large shower.
The views of the gardens and river from this corner room are lovely. There is a queen size bed. The loveseat is the perfect place to sit and relax. The bathroom has a tub and shower.
Bass Harbor Suite
This room is located in a separate building, just steps from the main inn. There is a separate sitting area with a couch and gas stove. Just three steps up and you are in the bedroom which has a beautiful queen size sleigh bed. The bathroom has a shower.
- DEPOSITS - A deposit of one night stay is required for reservations of one or two nights. For stays of three or more nights, a deposit of 50% is required to hold your reservation. MasterCard, Visa and American Express are accepted. The deposit will be charged to your credit card at the time the reservation is made. All rates are for two people. Maine State tax of 7% will be added to each stay.
CANCELLATIONS - A small inn such as ours is dearly affected by cancellations, and while we are sympathetic to emergencies, we appreciate your understanding of our cancellation policy. We will cancel your reservation, and your deposit will be refunded, less a $25 handling charge, if we are notified 14 days in advance and 21 day notice for August reservations.
If you cancel within 14 days of your reservation, (21 days for August reservations) you will be charged for the nights specified in your reservation unless we are able to re-rent the room for the exact same dates as your reservation. Please note that a late arrival - after the first date specified - or an early departure prior to the end of your reservation are handled as cancellations and you will be charged for the nights specified in your reservation, unless changes are made to 14 days, (or 21 days in August) before your arrival.
- CHECK IN/ CHECK OUT - Check in time is between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. Please let us know if you will be arriving after 9 p.m., so we can make late arrival arrangements. In order to prepare for the arrival of new guests, check out is 11 a.m.
- MINIMUM STAY - We observe a two night minimum stay on weekends from June 15 - October 20 and during other periods. The two or three day minimum stay requirement will be specified at the time of your making a reservation.
- SMOKING - Newcastle Inn is entirely non-smoking. We thank you for adhering to the no-smoking policy. Additional charges, to cover cleaning costs, will be applied to your bill in the event that it is found that you have been smoking in your room.
- CHILDREN- Each guestroom accommodates two people. Children under the age of 16 must be in a room with an adult.
- DOG VISITORS - Newcastle Inn has two rooms that are dog friendly. Please call to see if there is availability for you dog to stay with you. There is a limit of one dog per guest room and a maximum weight of 75 lbs. There is an additional charge of $35.00/night for your dog. Dogs are only permitted in guest rooms and outside. In consideration of other guests, please do not bring your dog into the inn. Dogs left alone in the room must be in a crate, no exceptions.