Victorian by the Sea
Table Of Contents
At the end of a quiet country road with the mountains to the west and the ocean to the east, sits this grand, century old inn. Combining the charm of an earlier era with the comforts of today is our goal at The Victorian by the Sea. The inn is just a short drive north of picture perfect Camden Harbor and Camden Hills State Park, and 80 miles from Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, making it the ideal spot to settle into while exploring Coastal Maine.
Gift Certificates make perfect wedding, anniversary, or birthday presents. Phone the inn for details.
A full, homemade breakfast is served each morning in our ocean view Sunroom or on our wrap-around porch, weather permitting. Specialties of the house are Bananas Foster French Toast, Cheese Blintzes with Strawberries, and Maine Wild Blueberry Pancakes.
Your hosts are happy to help you fill your day with activities. The Camden/Lincolnville area abounds with outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, downhill and cross country skiing. Camden Harbor is home to one of the largest fleets of antique schooners. We highly recommend taking an exhilarating two or three hour sail on Penobscot Bay to experience the unique beauty of the Maine Coast.
The Inn features magnificent ocean views, a private path to a cliff above the ocean, colorful country gardens, comfy pillow-top mattresses, private baths - most with antique clawfoot soaking tubs, a fireplace in every room, luxurious personalized amenities, warm fluffy robes, and a full delicious breakfast served daily in our ocean-view Sunroom or on our wrap-around porch.
"One of the 10 Great Fall Destinations",
USA Today - 2006
"Magnificent Views over Island-Studded Penobscot Bay",
Fodor's New England - 2000
"Best in the USA",
Inn Traveler Magazine 2004
"It's easy to imagine a 19th-century family's many summers spent happily at this place",
Victorian Homes Magazine - 2002
"...a picture postcard view...",
Country Home Magazine - 1997
Frequently Asked Questions
- How far are you from Camden? We are four miles north of Camden on Route 1, Atlantic Highway, which is about a five minute drive and one mile south of Lincolnville Beach.
- Are there restaurants within walking distance of Victorian by the Sea? There are several great restaurants in Lincolnville which are a short drive – from one-half mile to a mile and one-half, but they are along Route 1 and we do not recommend walking on Route 1.
- Do you have free parking? Yes, we have ample free parking and can accommodate oversized vehicles. Bicycles and motorcycles may be stored in a garage on the property.
- How long does it take to drive from Boston? From Manchester? From Portland? Drive times in the busy summer months may vary, but we are approximately 4 hours from Boston, 4 hours from Manchester, NH and a 2 hour drive from Portland. When you make your reservation, inquire about attractions not to be missed along your route!
What is included in your breakfast? We serve a full breakfast every morning which includes coffee, tea or milk, a variety of fruit juices, fresh fruit, homemade pastries or muffins, an egg dish and a breakfast meat. We use locally sourced products whenever possible. Special dietary accommodations are made with advance notice. Please advise us when you make your reservation.
Fresh brewed coffee is available at 7:15 a.m. and tea, instant coffee or cocoa are available 24 hours/day.
If you want an earlier breakfast, we do provide a “To Go” breakfast with advance notice.
- Do I have to eat breakfast at a table with other guests? No, we offer tables for two as well as a community table for larger parties. Most of our guests enjoy meeting fellow travelers and socializing often occurs with coffee on the veranda prior to breakfast. Usually, but not always, guests prefer to have their own table for breakfast.
- Do you have TVs in the rooms or common areas? Victorian by the Sea is a special place and we strive to preserve its peace and tranquility, however, for significant sporting events or newsworthy events, we will set-up a TV in the parlor. Or, if you wish to watch your own DVD, that can also be accommodated.
- Do you have refrigerators in the rooms? No, but we do have a common area Guest Pantry which has a full sized refrigerator with freezer. Also available for guest use are ice and ice buckets, a microwave, dishes, glassware, corkscrew and silverware. Most guests take advantage of the refrigerator space and all are respectful of the food and beverages of other guests.
What time is Check In? Check Out? Preferred Check in is between 3:00 and 7:00 p.m., but we know that is not always possible. Please let us know if you require an earlier check in or later check in time.
Checkout is at 11:00 a.m., but you are welcome to remain in the common areas of the inn or on the grounds as late as you like as long as your room is vacated.
- Do all of your rooms have private baths? Yes.
- How far are you from Acadia National Park? We are approximately 80 miles from the Park entrance. The 1 ½ hour trip makes a great day excursion and we highly recommend you plan a day trip. We do provide a “To Go” breakfast with advance notice.