Table Of Contents
At the end of a quiet country road with the mountains to the west and the ocean to the east, sits this grand, century old inn. Combining the charm of an earlier era with the comforts of today is our goal at The Victorian by the Sea. The inn is just a short drive north of picture perfect Camden Harbor and Camden Hills State Park, and 80 miles from Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, making it the ideal spot to settle into while exploring Coastal Maine.
Gift Certificates make perfect wedding, anniversary, or birthday presents. Phone the inn for details.
A full, homemade breakfast is served each morning in our ocean view Sunroom or on our wrap-around porch, weather permitting. Specialties of the house are Bananas Foster French Toast, Cheese Blintzes with Strawberries, andMaine Wild Blueberry Pancakes.
Your hosts are happy to help you fill your day with activities. The Camden/Lincolnville area abounds with outdoor activities such as kayaking, hiking, downhill and cross country skiing. Camden Harbor is home to one of the largest fleets of antique schooners. We highly recommend taking an exhilarating two or three hour sail on Penobscot Bay to experience the unique beauty of the Maine Coast.
The Inn features magnificent ocean views, a private path to a cliff above the ocean, colorful country gardens, comfy pillow-top mattresses, private baths- most with antique clawfoot soaking tubs, a fireplace in every room, luxurious personalized amenities, warm fluffy robes, and a full delicious breakfast served daily in our ocean-view Sunroom or on our wrap-around porch.
"One of the 10 Great Fall Destinations",USA Today - 2006 "Magnificent Views over Island-Studded Penobscot Bay" Fodor's New England - 2000 "Best in the USA", Inn Traveler Magazine 2004 "It's easy to imagine a 19th-century family's many summers spent happily at this place", Victorian Homes Magazine - 2002 "...a picture postcard view...", Country Home Magazine - 1997
Frequently Asked Questions
- How far are you from Camden? Camden is 4 miles south.
- Are there restaurants within walking distance of Victorian by the Sea? Yes, in both Camden and Lincolnville Beach.
- Do you have free parking? Yes, ample free parking.
- How long does it take to drive from Boston? From Manchester? From Portland? Drive times will vary in the busy summer months: Boston - 4 hours, Manchester, NH - 4 hour, Portland -2 hr.
- Check In?- between 3:00 and 7:00p.m. Check Out? - by 11:00 a.m.
- Do your rooms have private baths? Yes. All rooms have private baths.
- How far is Acadia National Park? Approximately 80 miles to the Park entrance. This is a great day excursion and we highly recommend you plan ahead to include Acadia. We can provide a “To Go” breakfast for you so you can leave early. Please provide advance notice.