Victorian by the Sea
Enjoy Penobscot Bay views from this spacious, airy second floor suite with a hand-crafted queen-sized canopy bed from Windsor Chairmakers. Relax in the adjoining private sitting-sunroom with gas fireplace on the chaise or chairs. Private bath with antique claw-footed soaking tub and shower. Third person additional $35.00 per night. Room decor refreshed Spring 2012.
A private hide-away on the 3rd floor takes you back in time! The private balcony offers sunning views of Penobscot Bay, sitting room with gas fireplace, pillow-top queen-sized mattress and a spacious bathroom with antique soaking tub and separate shower make this a perfect get-away!
An adjacent loft will accommodate 2 additional guests at an additional $35.00 per person per night. Suitable for older children and young adults. Room decor refreshed Spring 2009.
Our coziest 2nd floor room with views of the Penobscot Bay. Relax by the wood burning fireplace and read about the first occupant of the room, Ruth Sawyer, in her autobiographical book, The Year of Jubilo, which you’ll find on the shelf. Queen-sized, pillow-top mattress and private bathroom with shower. Room decor refreshed Spring 2011.
The bay-window seat offers seasonal views of the ocean in this sunny 2nd floor room. A pillow-top queen-sized mattress, and private bathroom with large shower, make this a most comfortable room. Room decor refreshed Spring 2011.
The décor in this charming 2nd floor room evokes Autumn with colors of red and gold. A queen-sized pillow-top mattress, cozy gas fireplace, and spacious bath with antique soaking tub and shower are sure to relax the weariest of travelers. Views of the cedar and birch forest behind the inn.
Conveniently located on the first floor, the Harbor has a wood-burning fireplace, a bay window seat, and private bath with antique claw-footed soaking tub and shower. Pillow-top mattresses on Twin beds may be converted to a King.
The Cottage Room offers the privacy of a cottage with a separate ground level entrance along with the amenities of a B&B! Charming cottage-style decor, gas fireplace, spacious bathroom with tub and shower combination and garden views from its private porch.
This room may accommodate a small pet for an additional $15 per night.
- MINIMUM STAY: A two-night minimum is required from June 28 through October 20. Based on availability, we may be able to book a one night reservation. Please phone the inn to check on availability for a single night.
- DEPOSIT: Full payment in advance for a one-night stay. For two or more nights, we require a 50% deposit.
- CANCELLATION: Due to our short season and small size, cancellations affect us greatly. Should you find it necessary to cancel your reservation with less than 10 days notice prior to your arrival date, you will forfeit your deposit unless we are able to rebook the room. If you cancel more than 10 days prior to arrival date, your deposit will be refunded less a $25.00 administrative fee. Reservation dates may be changed with no additional charges.
CHECK-IN: Between 3:00 -7:00 p.m. We ask that you make arrangements for early or late arrivals in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Inn and are happy to assist you with your luggage, dinner suggestions and reservations, and information about shopping, sightseeing and recreational activities in the area.
- CHECK-OUT: 11:00 am.
BREAKFAST: A full breakfast, using locally grown and organic products when available, is served in our sunroom anytime between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. For early risers, coffee is available after 7:00 a.m. A typical breakfast includes a choice of juice; seasonal fruit; freshly baked muffins, scones, or popovers; a breakfast meat; and on alternating days either a sweet or savory entrée; coffee, tea or milk.
When you make your reservation, please let us know of any dietary restrictions or allergies so that we may prepare a breakfast you will enjoy.
Should you wish to get an early start prior to 8:30 a.m., please inform us the night before and we will prepare a continental-style “To Go” breakfast for you. For very late risers, please inform us the night before and we will not prepare breakfast for you, but give you a voucher for a bag lunch instead!
- CHILDREN: Several of our rooms are suitable for families with children. Please call to discuss availability of appropriate accommodations.
- SMOKING: We provide a tobacco-free environment in the inn and on the veranda and reserve the right to add a cleaning fee if a guest smokes in the inn. Guests may smoke in the outdoor gazebo.
- PETS: Small pets can be accommodated in the Cottage Room only for an additional charge of $15.00 per night.