Captain Fairfield Inn
Table Of Contents
Kennebunkport’s Boutique Choice. An artful balance of historic and soft modern design bed and breakfast in Kennebunkport, Maine. Crisp, uncluttered rooms. Expected amenities like plush beds, designer linens, fireplaces, whirlpool and soaking tubs, wireless Internet. Unexpected luxuries like iPod docking stations, French press coffee, 32” HDTVs, beach chairs and towels, warm cookies in the afternoon.
A creative gourmet breakfast prepared with fresh seasonal and local ingredients; choose a multi-course breakfast served at your own table in the dining room, or coffee and a pastry basket delivered to your door.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jed Thomas & Alana Buie for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Captain Fairfield Inn offers bold modern style in a traditional Captain house in the heart of Kennebunkport - all a short stroll from Dock Square.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Our chic, modern decor, our outdoor lounge with fire pits and our morning cocktails (and wine list)!
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Kennebunkport is quintessential Maine. A mix of rustic marinas with lobster boats and 5-star restaurants. It's an easy drive from Boston and most East Coast locations.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
From a recent Trip Advisor review: "I promised myself I would never stay in a B&B. That changed this past week when my husband and I stayed at Captain Fairfield. I loved it."
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Winter can be the most magical season to visit Kennebunkport. Stroll among snow covered trees and historic homes, come back to a roaring fireplace, a novel and a glass of wine, and later on, dinner at a cozy tavern.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area? Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Tons! The inn is located a few blocks from Dock Square -- the hub of boutiques and restaurants.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
There are lots of great restaurants, including the acclaimed, five-star White Barn Inn and the casually fantastic, The Ramp. However, Bandaloop holds a special place in our hearts.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
Guest Room Amenities
We’ve earned our reputation as one of the finest Kennebunkport bed and breakfasts by our focus on our amenities. We notice the little things when we travel, and we delight in providing them for you. All Captain Fairfield Inn guests will enjoy our outstanding service – friendly, genuine, and professional. We take care of the details so you can simply relax.
Some rooms include additional amenities like gas fireplaces, private porches, double whirlpools and rainfall showers.
Offered in Each Guest Room:
- Designer linens
- Gas fireplaces (most rooms)
- iPad2’s in every room
- iPod docking stations
- Flat panel televisions with Apple TV
- Free wireless Internet
- Waffle kimono robes
- Bath amenities from Lather
- Wine glasses and corkscrew
- Bottled spring water
- Beach tote bags, towels and parking permits
- Hair dryers
- Irons and ironing boards
- Air conditioning (summer only)
Inn Amenities & Concierge Services
- Free wireless Internet throughout the Inn and grounds
- Complimentary breakfast of curated small plates and homemade baked goods
- 24 hour guest pantry offering French press coffee, organic teas, soda and ice
- Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon
- Morning newspapers
- Current magazines
- Lounge with a wood burning fireplace
- Outdoor lounge with fire-tables and private seating areas
- Landscaped grounds and gardens
- Local information
- DVD library
- Various board games and puzzles
- Onsite parking for each guest room
Concierge ServicesNo request is too large or too small. The entire team at Captain Fairfield will be happy to provide personalized concierge service before and during your stay. We look forward to assisting you purchasing in-room add-ons or with recommendations and reservations for:
In helping to plan your itinerary, we can also provide beach recommendations, directions and parking permits, and customized lighthouse, foliage and coastal driving tours. Again, no request is too large or too small!
- Spa services
- Tennis and golf
- Whale watching and charter fishing
- Biking, kayaking, and canoeing
- Health club services
- Sailing charters and harbor cruises
- Museum, historical society and theater tickets
BreakfastOur Kennebunkport bed and breakfast serves a morning meal of curated small plates and homemade baked goods. Think of it as tapas for breakfast! From 8-10 am, help yourself to a sampling of small savory and sweet items. Enjoy as much as you like – all included in your room rate. We add in fresh fruit and juices, Mighty Leaf organic teas, and rich-roasted coffee and you are all set for a day of exploring Kennebunkport and the southern Maine coast. If you are an early riser and don’t see many items out yet — just ask! We may be keeping things warm in the back. If you plan to sleep in, don’t worry. Our baked goods are available all day.
Sample Small Plates
- Baked portobello stuffed with quahog clam cake and chorizo
- Arugula, goat cheese and prosciutto breakfast pizza
- Open-faced pulled pork egg sandwiches
- Strawberry lemon and basil salad
- Overnight oatmeal with coconut and currant
- Caprese baked eggs with basil and tomato
- Melon balls and cucumber with mint drizzle
- Honey roasted pineapple with blueberry
Sample Baked Goods
You’ll also see sweet treats out in the afternoon.
- Brioche au chocolate
- Mexican hot chocolate scones
- Lemon-ginger scones
- Sea salt & cracked pepper biscuits
- Cheddar-scallion scones
- Caramelized onion and walnut bread with bacon jam
Beer, Wine & Small Plates
Thoughtfully chosen and affordable, our seasonal wine and beer list offers you a range of options to enjoy in our front parlor or in the privacy of your guestroom.
Need an afternoon nibble or evening snack awaiting your arrival? Our small plates fit the bill. Visit our website to review the current Captain Fairfield Inn small plate offerings.
The Perfect Getaway For Any Season
Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter
Kennebunkport: Your Gateway to Southern MaineOur Kennebunkport bed and breakfast can serve as your home base as you explore the southern half of Maine. There are so many wonderful places to discover – whether on a quick 20-minute drive, or a two-hour day trip. From the hip restaurants in Portland, to the beauty of the mid-coast, to the “dangerous” outlet shopping deals in Kittery (to the South) and Freeport (to the North), there is no reason not to stay a week and see it all!
The harbor town of Kennebunkport offers endless possibilities — five-star dining for even the most discerning palate, casual clam shacks for an afternoon indulgence, boutiques, galleries, whale watches, endless beaches, and much, much more. There’s a reason Kennebunkport has become an international destination. We hope you’ll allow us to share our piece of the Maine Coast with you.
Be sure to ask about our favorite things to do. We can guide you to secluded beaches, send you on a scenic lighthouse or foliage driving tour, recommend the place to get a lobster right off the boat, and if you’re lucky, we’ll tell you about our favorite spot to watch the sun set!
How to Find Us
- Take the Maine Turnpike (I-95) to Exit 25 (formerly exit 3) for Kennebunk-Kennebunkport
- Once you’ve left the tollbooth, turn left onto Route 35, you will be on Rt. 35 for 5 1/2 miles in total
- While on Rt. 35, you will encounter a small rotary; go half way around to stay on 35
- You will also go through the center of Kennebunk, where you will need to turn left and then immediately bear right, again staying on Rt. 35 – watch for signs
- At the junction of routes 35 and 9 (there will be a traffic light at the intersection and a Sunoco station on your left), turn left
- Go over a small bridge, and you’ll enter Dock Square
- Take your first right (at the monument) onto Ocean Avenue
- Take your fifth left off of Ocean Avenue, and onto Green Street
- The inn is on the second block, on the right