The Captain Lord Mansion
Table Of Contents
For a Romantic, Relaxing and Refreshing Experience...
Welcome to the Captain Lord Mansion, an unforgettably romantic Kennebunkport Inn! We invite you to experience the only AAA 4 Diamond Bed and Breakfast in Kennebunkport. Our romantic lodging has meticulously decorated bed and breakfast accommodations designed to offer guests a serene interlude, filled with special touches. Our romantic Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast will fulfill your expectations of an escape to a relaxing Maine Inn and Spa.
Experience Kennebunkport as our guest and delight in Captain Lord Mansion’s first-rate breakfast and spa services. Stroll through our Memory Garden and relax in the beauty of our little piece of paradise here in Maine.
Visit the Captain Lord Mansion, our historic and authentic Maine Coast Bed and Breakfast, and leave feeling pampered and refreshed.
The Captain Lord Mansion offers peace, intimacy and authentic historic elegance in a beautiful location situated at the head of a sloping village green, overlooking the Kennebunk River. Guaranteeing consistency in your luxury Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast experience, the Inn has been family owned and operated for 30 plus years. Our romantic Kennebunkport Inn is located in a quiet residential neighborhood away from traffic and street noise and is conveniently located only several short walking blocks from the Port’s Dock Square where shops and restaurants are located.
Viewed across the long manicured lawn known as the River Green, the historic Captain Lord Mansion sits peacefully, shaded by large maple trees. In summer, extensive perennial gardens bordering brick walkways lead you to the entrance where the door seems to swing open and welcome you home for the night. Once inside the lobby, the warmth of oriental rugs, fine art, period furniture and other beautiful décor will impress you.
Each guest room has specially-selected appointments that have been carefully chosen to make every one an adventure for all of your senses to explore and savor. Meticulous attention is given to quality and cleanliness. Nurtured by your hosts, Rick Litchfield and Bev Davis, and their staff, The Captain Lord Mansion’s warmth and happiness emerges from every room, where charm and beauty is a way of life, and time has no meaning.
The Gathering Room
High-back wing chairs and a camelback sofa in our large Gathering Room welcomes guests to settle in for conversation or just relaxing by the fire, which is kept tended daily for most months of the year, excluding the warmer ones.
The Country Kitchen
Partaking of the convivial family-style atmosphere and mouth-watering creations in the newly remodeled Captain Lord Mansion kitchen is hailed by guests as one of our historic Kennebunkport Inn’s special experiences. The multi-course breakfast changes daily so that guests may enjoy local delicacies such as Maine Maple syrup and Maine blueberries in addition to Captain Lord Mansion original breakfast dishes. Additionally, as guests return from their day’s activities, they are welcomed to a kitchen offering freshly baked snacks and refreshing beverages.
Bev’s Gift Shop
Bev’s Gift Shop is located in the the brick and antique-beamed garden level of our historic Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast and is a treat for guests looking for fairly-priced merchandise, with special attention to Captain Lord Mansion related memorabilia. This boutique is brimming with unique assortments of collectibles and small gift items for friends and family. Additionally, Bev has a number of local, handmade Maine items for sale.
The Captain’s Day Spa
The Captain’s Day Spa is like a soothing waterfall; it will help you relax, refresh and rejuvenate. Specializing in couples treatments, the intimate, softly-lit spa room features two tables where skilled therapists slowly massage the cares of the day away with each stroke. Let us be your sanctuary, your personal retreat while here at our luxury Maine Coast Bed and Breakfast. The in-house spa room is conveniently located just steps away from your guest room. Enjoy the total experience we offer at our Kennebunkport Spa.
• Complimentary wi-fi
• King / Queen beds with European down comforters
• Non-allergenic pillows and comforters
• Extra firm Posturepedic mattresses with memory-foam toppers
• Custom-made draperies, dust ruffles, pillows
• Gas-burning fireplaces
• Comfy bathrobes
• Lush, thick towels, hair dryers, European-style lighted makeup mirror
• Shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, wine glasses, corkscrew, chocolates
• Fresh flowers
• Small refrigerator
• Complimentary hot and cold beverages
• Plush wall-to-wall or authentic oriental carpets
Also, for added convenience:
• Back-up generator for any power outages
• Day spa on the premises of our romantic Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast
• Complimentary snowshoes, bicycles, birding backpacks, beach chairs/towels
• Winter wine tastings
• Summer “Wine Time” garden parties
Gift Certificates Available!
Breakfast & Snacks
Wake to a Hearty Three-Course Country Breakfast...
Each morning at our romantic Maine Inn and Spa, the Mansion’s talented breakfast cooks prepare a different family-style, multi-course breakfast which is served in the atmospheric Country Kitchen and the beautiful Dining Room. Each breakfast is a celebration of freshly prepared food using only the best ingredients such as freshly-squeezed orange juice, organically-farmed eggs, organic yogurt and Maine maple syrup.
Breakfast begins with choices including:
• Fresh fruit
• Creamy low-fat, organic French-vanilla yogurt
• Flavorful granola-type cereal
The second course consists of tasty muffins served piping hot from the oven to the table!
Our main course varies from day to day so that you can experience variety during your visit. You may be offered one of the following scrumptious dishes, usually complimented by either applewood smoked bacon or maple sausage:
• Petite Belgian waffles with Maine maple syrup
• Maine blueberry pancakes with Maine maple syrup
• Strawberry-flavored, cream cheese stuffed French toast
• Mushroom, sausage and sweet onion soufflé
• Petite filet medallions paired with a fresh tomato, sweet onion and feta cheese souffle
• Mansion “Stackers,” a potato pancake layered with thinly-sliced smoked ham and scrambled eggs covered with a melted, white cheddar cheese sauce
It is the philosophy of the innkeepers at our historic Kennebunkport Bed and Breakfast that the communal, family-style breakfast is a major part of the Captain Lord Mansion experience, thus there is no room service or breakfast-in-bed served.
If we have a small group for breakfast, we usually serve at the antique Lord-family dining table in our Gathering Room. As the numbers increase, we serve in the Country Kitchen and if the crowd grows larger, we serve in both areas so everyone is allowed a choice of times for our family-style breakfast.
We serve at 8:15 am and again at 9:45 am year round. At many times during the year, we’ll have almost all the guests at one point or another, sometimes serving 26 to 28 folks at one time. That is a real test of the staff at our Kennebunkport Inn!
Afternoon Snacks & Beverages…
Return from your day’s activities to find:
A variety of cheese, crackers, fresh fruit and sweets served year-round in the Country Kitchen.
In the warmer months, beverage choices are:
• Flavored iced-coffee
In the cooler months, you will find:
• A “Swedish Glogg” (a non-alcoholic mulled cider and cranberry juice) is kept simmering in a crock-pot on the antique stove in the kitchen.
CLM Day Spa...Specializing in a Couple's Spa Experience
In keeping with the Captain Lord Mansion’s reputation for pampering your senses, when you and your loved one visit the Mansion, soothe, heal and beautify your bodies and spirits with the wonders of a “Couple’s Spa Experience.”
Our skilled, licensed therapists will envelop you with luxurious treatments and comfort, leaving you feeling refreshed and invigorated. We have several popular options to indulge your senses. Let our romantic Maine Inn and Spa be your sanctuary, your personal retreat from a bustling world. You’ll be glad you did!
We offer a variety of spa and room specials and packages throughout the year – find out about our current offerings!
About Our Spa
All treatments are performed by the award-winning, licensed staff of “YourBodyworks” using the finest in skin-care products, the “Haute Couture” of skin-care, YONKA Paris. We have customized our treatments individually for guests of our Southern Maine Coast Inn. The aromatherapy products are created from botanical extracts.
Please call ahead of your arrival date to pre-book your spa service in order to ensure availability during your stay. You may call our toll-free number, 800-522-3141, to schedule any treatment.
The Captain Lord Mansion is situated at the head of a sloping village green, overlooking the Kennebunkport River. We are located in a residential area filled with 17th and 18th century Colonial and Federal period homes that have been meticulously preserved. We are just three short blocks away from Dock Square.
Find Your Way to the Captain Lord Mansion...
From Interstate 95 North or South
• Take Exit 25 (Exit named Kennebunk/Kennebunkport, Route 35)
• After Exiting I-95 turn left onto Route 35 South
• Follow Route 35 approximately 1.7 miles to traffic light at the intersection of Route 1
• Cross over Route 1 and bear right to continue on Route 35 South/9A (Route 35 actually joins Route 1 for about 150 feet)
• Follow Route 35 South/9A for another 3.5 miles into lower Kennebunk village to traffic light at intersection of Route 9 East
• At the traffic light, turn left onto Route 9 East, go over the drawbridge to the monument (about 1/2 mile)
• At the monument, turn right onto Ocean Avenue
• Follow Ocean Avenue for 3/10 of a mile, then turn left onto Green Street
• Our Kennebunkport Maine Inn is located on the second block on the left
• The actual address of the inn is 6 Pleasant Street
Bev Davis & Rick Litchfield
P.O. Box 800
Kennebunkport, ME 04046