Lake Brook Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Your hostess Carolyn McAdams would like to welcome you to the Lake Brook Bed & Breakfast in Kennebunk, Maine. The appealing turn-of-the-century farmhouse is located on the edge of a salt marsh and tidal brook. The extensive lawn and well established perennial gardens are show stoppers. It is only a short walk to Kennebunkport's Dock Square and Lower Harbor Village with its many fine galleries, shops and restaurants to explore.
You can relax and enjoy the sands of Kennebunk Beach just over a mile away or discover the Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge and Laudholm Farm at the Wells Reserve just minutes away. Three golf courses, Tennis, Bicycling, Swimming, Hiking, Sailing, and in season Cross-country Skiing are available. You may prefer a trolley tour of town which highlights many of the area attractions. Along the way take the time to discover a few of the not so well know attractions the rugged Maine coast has to offer such as Spouting Rock and Blowing Cave.
Enjoy the comfortable rocking chairs on the wrap around porch. Perfect for relaxing or viewing the extensive flower gardens. Carolyn's love of art, travel, pottery, photography, gardening and decorating is evident throughout Lake Brook Bed & Breakfast.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Carolyn McAdams for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Lake Brook is easily located just outside Kennebunkport by 1/2 mile. It is situated on an acre of lovely lawn, gardens and tidal brook. The beach is 1 mile and I provide beach passes for parking.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Breakfasts and good coffee, it is a home stay, the guest rooms are on the 2nd floor and I serve breakfast where I live. Location, grounds and décor.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Fabulous restaurants, beaches, historic towns, and art galleries.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
It feels like home.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
There are several: Wells Reserve, Rachel Carson bike trails, and private beaches.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Outdoor activities like kayaking, whale watching, a three hour sail, and the beach of course.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Town is 1/2 mile with sidewalks to town shops along the way.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Joshua's, Alisson's, Buffleheads Ryan's Pub.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
How many rooms does your inn have?
Three: two queen bed rooms & one double.
Do you accept pets?
No I do not, but the Colony Hotel does.
- Coffee is always ready at 7 am
- Breakfast is served from 8 to 9 am
- A full Gourmet breakfast is included in the price of each room
An entree such as:
- Baked French toast and sausage
- Baked omelets
- Chipped beef on toast
- Coffee and tea
- Fruit juice
Lake Brook offers rooms decorated with art work by local artists, country furniture and antiques, all rooms have paddle fans and are air conditioned to cool you on warm summer days and comforters for those chilly Maine nights.
Accolades"Thank you Carolyn - you have a wonderful warm and welcoming place. Thanks foryour gracious hospitality." -The Henderson's from Kent, Ohio"Just a note to let you know how much we enjoyed our stay in Kennebunkport and yourbed and breakfast in particular. The room was charming the bath very spacious and thebreakfast excellent. We appreciate your attention to all the details from calling fordinner reservations to chilling our bottle of wine." -The Green's from Tennessee
Things To Do
Visit the shops and galleries in Dock Square - the center of "The Port"
- The Good Earth Pottery
- Mast Cove Gallery
- Nancy Cooper Funk Gallery
- Kennebunk Book Port
- Carrots And Company
- Sun and swim at the beach
- Simply relax and watch the boats where the river meets the sea
- We have menus from most area restaurants, lobster shanties & delis posted in our office
- Day Sail on the "Edna" or the "Eleanor"
- Bike our back roads
- Find Antique Shops & Old Book Stores
- Experience Lobstering trips
- Enjoy the Seashore Trolley Museum
- Shop at L. L. Bean's
- Walk Audubon Trails & Wildlife Refuges
- Go Whale Watching
- Play local Golf Courses
- Take in the Historical Brick Store Museum
- Stroll Franciscan Monastery Grounds
- Explore Art Galleries
- The Arundel Barn Playhouse
- Port Lobster Co.
- Cape Arundel Inn
- From the Maine Turnpike (I 95) take Kennebunk Exit 25
- After exiting take a left onto Route #35 this will bring you into downtown Kennebunk, to a traffic light
- Take a left, go one block and bear right at the next light
- Signage will say Rt.35 & 9A. The Town Hall will be on your right
- Continue on this stretch of Rt.35 for about 4 miles
- At the second light take a right onto Route 9, Lake Brook Bed & Breakfast Inn is 1/2 mile down on the right