Franciscan Guest House
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the affordable Kennebunk & Kennebunkport hotel, a short stroll to beaches, shops, and dining. With several Kennebunkport hotels to choose from, our guests return to The Franciscan Guest House year after year because we're:
- Affordable - As a nonprofit hotel, we offer affordable rates for budget-minded travelers, families, couples, seniors, and groups looking for inexpensive accommodations.
- Fantastically located - It's a short stroll to Kennebunkport's waterfront village, lovely shops, fine dining or casual restaurants, and to the sandy Kennebunk beaches.
- Surrounded by beauty - Enjoy waterfront walking paths on the surrounding estate and St. Anthony's Monastery and Retreat Center, with landscaping designed by Frederick Law Olmsted Bros of New York's Central Park fame.
- Convenient - Only a 90-minute drive by car from Boston! And only 40 minutes from the Portland Jetport (directions.)
- A good place to relax - Comfortable and neat accommodations without a lot of hustle and bustle, and as relaxing as a bed and breakfast.
- Buffet dinners - Home cooking Lithuanian style - dinners are available during the peak season.
"You can't beat the location and perks for the price." ~ Yankee Magazine
"Fall is looking golden in Maine's Kennebunks" ~ The Boston Globe
Maine on a budget: "best deal for lodging" ~ Maine Sunday Telegram
"Hotel of the week: Franciscan Guest House" ~ The Week
"Visitors...enjoy away-from-it-all serenity, yet are within
walking distance of bustling Dock Square and the beach." ~ Budget Travel
Amenities for The Franciscan Guest House
Continental breakfast included ~ Private bath with tub & shower
Simple, clean, comfortable rooms ~ Free wi-fi in Main Guest House
Cable TV ~ Air conditioning ~ Radio/alarm clock
All rooms non-smoking ~ Fresh linens & towels available daily
Hair dryers and ironing boards available ~ Mini-refrigerator in most rooms
Hotel buffet dinner seasonally for a fee
Parking pass for Kennebunk Beaches ~ Outdoor saltwater pool
Take your vacation with us during one of our famous South Coast Maine seasons...
- Long Awaited Spring - Flowers, bees, & soft breezes welcome visitors to walk on rejuvenated Kennebunk beach and riverside paths, and to enjoy the beauty of Kennebunkport.
- Summer! - Picnic on the beach, relax by the pool, shop until you drop, dine on lobster, take a cruise on the ocean...the choices seem endless when you visit the Kennebunks.
- Maine Fall Foliage - Glorious and dazzling colors everywhere you look. Leaf peepers take note of peak foliage on the South Coast.
- Crisp & Clear Winter - Christmas Prelude in Kennebunkport sparkles with lights and holiday decorations.
Dining at The Franciscan Guest House
Full Continental Breakfast
We provide a full continental breakfast for every guest at no extra charge. All items on the cold buffet are included with your room. For the hot buffet, we ask for a suggested donation of $3 per person per meal which we ask you to put into our donation boxes located in the dining room.
For the free continental breakfast you will usually find about 5 different cereals, a variety of breads including bagels, english muffins, wheat and white sliced bread, and some homemade sweet breads. We also put out boiled eggs, fruit, and luncheon meats.
For the hot buffet, we put out delicious fluffy scrambled eggs and hot oatmeal with syrup, cinnamon, or brown sugar. You may also request eggs to order. During the peak season, we also usually have pancakes or french toast available.
And of course, we provide coffee, tea, and hot chocolate in the dining room or all day across from the front desk office.
During peak season in the summer, we're happy to provide a buffet dinner usually Thursday to Sunday nights. There is a fee of $17 plus tax for adults and meals for children are discounted.
Our cooks make both Lithuanian and American style dishes. A typical buffet will include a garden salad, at least one soup, rolls, at least one main dish, rice, pasta or potato dish, one or two cooked vegetables and a light desert. Some recently served main dishes include lightly seasoned baked haddock, Lithuanian style rolled pork with a vegetable stuffing, baked breaded chicken, and Lithuanian style Meatloaf.
We provide iced tea, lemonade, water, coffee, tea, milk for beverages. A soda machine is available or you may bring your own beverages.
Visitors to the area are welcome to join us for dinner. Please feel free to call to inquire as to our dinner menu and to make reservations by 3 pm that day.
Wedding Receptions at The Franciscan Guest House
The Franciscan Guest House has wonderful and affordable indoor/outdoor facilities on its Kennebunk - Kennebunkport estate to host Maine wedding receptions.
Fill out the Wedding Reception Inquiry Form to get information about available dates and a quote. Download our Wedding Reception Brochure for your planner.
Make your wedding reception spectacular and unique at our Kennebunkport hotel and retreat center near downtown Kennebunkport and Kennebunk beach. We are fantastically located within walking distance of sandy beaches and Kennebunkport Village, and surrounded by the natural beauty of waterfront walking paths, large manicured grounds, and many photo opportunities.
Indoor Reception: Our indoor reception hall holds up to 350 people. The room is 60'x100' and has a beautiful maple wood ceiling. A lovely wooden stage with lighting and piano is available for reception use.
Outdoor Reception: The lawn of St. Anthony's Franciscan Monastery is available for wedding receptions for 10 to 1000 guests during the months of June to early October. These magnificent grounds and the tranquil setting are perfect for your tent reception. Note: Outdoor receptions need special permission from the Franciscan Monastery which may be requested through the The Franciscan Guest House.
Both Venues: Inquire about use of a portable sound system and projection screen and access to catering rooms with sink and refrigerator. Hotel rooms are subject to availability so when booking your reception, inquire about rooms also. See hotel rates.
Reception Rates: Reception facility rates vary depending on the season and number of people. Fill out the Wedding Reception Inquiry Form for detailed pricing or contact us by phone or email:
PO Box 273, Kennebunk Beach, ME 04043
Retreat Facilities & Meeting Rooms
Our Maine Retreat Center is within walking distance of sandy beaches and Kennebunkport Village. We're surrounded by the natural beauty of waterfront walking paths and large manicured grounds.
Indoor Facilities: For small groups, we have three large meeting rooms that are well lit, can have tables added or removed, and have plenty of electrical outlets for your workshop. For larger-sized gatherings, our indoor hall holds up to 350 people. The room is 60'x100' and has a beautiful maple wood ceiling. A lovely wooden stage with lighting and piano is available for your retreat or meeting use.
Outdoor Facilities: The lawn of St. Anthony's Franciscan Monastery is available for meetings or gatherings from 10 to 1,000 guests during the months of June to early October. These magnificent grounds and the tranquil setting are perfect for tents. Note: Outdoor gatherings need special permission from the Franciscan Monastery, which may be requested through the Franciscan Guest House.