Franciscan Guest House
Palanga Tudor-style Building
Palanga, named after a Lithuanian resort town, is the closest of the three Tudor-style buildings to the saltwater swimming pool and Main Guest House. Another building converted from the stables. Bed sizes come in double with twin, queen, and two doubles. Rooms on the second floor are the only rooms at the hotel that share bathrooms and showers.
Baltija Tudor-style Building
If the name sounds familiar, it's because this building was named after the Baltic Sea on the Lithuanian coast. Formerly the stables for the estate, the horses are long gone, and the rooms have been modernized. Rooms vary in bed sizes including queen, two doubles, double & queen, and double with bunk beds. This single-story building is a bit more secluded being located farthest from the Main Guest House.
Kretinga Tudor-style Building
Named after one of the oldest towns in Lithuania, the Kretinga cottage, along with Palanga and Baltija buildings encircle a small courtyard. Formerly the quarters for the stable hands and groomers, this building has been updated with hotel amenities. Rooms come with a double bed and double bed with bunk beds for the kids. For a large party, ask about the availability of Kretinga's second-floor accommodations with three bedrooms and enough beds to sleep up to six.
The White House
The White House is a cozy, single-story cottage with eight guest rooms. These guest rooms have views of woods and saltwater swimming pool area. It's located close to the Main Guest House. Beds in these rooms are two twins or double with twin.
Main Guest House
A former school building, it has mostly spacious rooms, two floors, and views of the Monastery and saltwater swimming pool area. Room bed sizes are available in single queen, two doubles, and double with twin. Free wireless and computer terminals are available for your use in this building. Rooms on the first floor are best for those with mobility issues.
Rates & Policies
- Rates range from $69 to $240 per night.
- Rates vary between the prices shown within the date ranges and are subject to change without notice. Please Call or inquire online for current rates. See below for rate details and reservation policies.
- Prices: Prices shown are weekday rates Sunday through Thursday except for Christmas Prelude weekend. For weekend rates add $10 to $20 depending on season and room type. Some rates may actually be lower than lowest rate shown above on some dates and room types-call or inquire online for current rates. Rooms at published rates may be sold out.
- Reservations: Reserve early to hold current rate; peak-season tends to fill up quickly.
- Deposit: A minimum deposit of 25% of total stay or one night stay (whichever is greater), and an approved credit card guarantee, are required to secure your reservation. Deposits for July and August may be higher.
- Minimum Stays: Peak-season weekends and some holiday weekends may require a three or two night minimum stay.
- Occupancy & Rates: Rates are based on single or double occupancy of persons 10 years or older in the room. An additional fee applies for each additional person 10 years or older. Children 9 and younger stay at no charge.
- Cancellation policy: Deposits are refundable less a $25 bookkeeping fee if we are notified at least 10 days prior to arrival date. Deposits for reservations cancelled with less than 10 days notice before arrival date are non-refundable. No refunds or partial credits for early departures.
- Taxes: Rates do not include prevailing Maine State Hotel Tax.
- Retreats and Group Stays: The Guest House is open year round for group retreats--dates are subject to availability. A minimum group size is required for many dates. Please call for pricing and available dates.
- Check-in / Check-out: Generally check-in is 3 pm or later. Late check-in is available, let the clerk know an estimated time of arrival. Check-out is 11 am.