James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Charming and comfortable, The James Place Inn in Freeport, Maine is the perfect spot to spend some time visiting the southern coast of Maine. The James Place Inn B&B is a Victorian cottage style house of graceful country beauty and comfort in coastal Freeport.
All seven rooms have private baths, cable television, individual thermostats, queen size beds, and air conditioning. Four of our rooms boast a Jacuzzi tub while another room has a wood-burning fireplace. Relax on the cafe-style deck and enjoy a delicious full breakfast and locally roasted gourmet coffee each morning.
Innkeepers Robin and Tori Baron look forward to meeting you and assisting you in making your stay in Freeport an enjoyable one. Their daughter Elyse will most likely make an appearance sometime during your stay and is sure to entertain you. They all truly love their Inn and the community of Freeport and are sure you will find the accommodations comfortable, warm, and inviting. Please, "Stay at Home" with us!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Tori Baron for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
People stay here because of the good reviews that we have earned. many know us for our delicious food as well.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our great food and hospitality.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Most people comes to visit L.L.Bean. Freeport is home to 5 large L.L.Bean stores.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
People say they feel very comfortable here. They tell us it feels like home.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The best kept secret around here are our parks and beaches. Most people think that we just have shopping.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Those staying longer than a weekend should definitely visit L.L.Bean, visit one of our great beaches, go hiking or walking in the park, visit a museum, and go antiquing.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are within walking distance to all shopping and restaurants. We are only 1 1/2 blocks from L.L.Bean.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Azure Cafe - Italian Sea Grill and Linda Beans Perfect Maine - Seafood
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
We use www.freeportusa.com/ and our web site where we have some sample itineraries on our website.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 7 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets.
Full Breakfast with a Variety of Choices
- Quiche or Frittata of the Day
- Pancakes with Wild Maine Blueberries
- Homemade sausages
- Homemade granola
- Fresh fruit salad
- Homemade scones, breads and muffins (with homemade curds & jams)
- French toast (with Robin’s homemade cinnamon bread)!
- Belgian waffles with whipped cream and fresh berries
- Eggs made to order
- Locally roasted gourmet coffee
- Gladly accommodate vegetarian, gluten-free, and other dietary needs
Our Inn Amenities
Details about the James Place Inn
James Place Inn is the Perfect Home Base for Discovering All That Freeport, Maine Has to Offer!
- All rooms with private baths
- Heat & AC controls in room
- Four jacuzzi rooms
- Fireplace room
- Cafe deck in season
- Non-smoking facility
- Walk to shopping & dining
- Assistance for area activities
"EPIC! Breakfast was great; room was awesome! Thank you for making our one-year anniversary so special." — Michael & Stephanie, RI
"Thanks for your outstanding hospitality and fantastic breakfasts! As this was our first trip to the USA, we now expect all B&Bs to be like this!" — Chris & Sue, Germany
"Thank you for your wonderful hospitality! Everything was truly enjoyable. We look forward to staying with you again soon." mdash;Rick & Ann, New Brunswick
"Thank you for a wonderful stay! The room was warm and comfortable, the food beyond compare and your local recommendations spot on." — Bill & Pam, PA
"You've made our first time here a truly pleasurable and memorable experience. Our room was great, breakfasts were all delicious, and your family warm and hospitable." — Paul & Tu-Qujnh, Ontario
"Thank you ever so much for a perfectly delightful stay. The Inn itself is spectacular and the Innkeepers are even better!" — Tom & Mary, CT
"Thank you for going above and beyond to ensure a lovely weekend getaway. — Gary & Tracey, MA
"We arrived as strangers, stayed as guests, left as friends! The stay was delightful and we will be back." — The Loxdales, Nova Scotia
"Thank you for a wonderful time. The food, the hospitality - everything was terrific! The James Place Inn is truly what every B&B should aspire to." — Adam & Marnie, NY
TripAdvisor Ranking #1 of 9 B&Bs in Freeport
- TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 369 traveler reviews
© 2015 TripAdvisor LLC
- Most Recent Traveler Reviews
- Jan 20, 2015: “My wife and I escaped to Freeport for a winter weekend getaway. Tori and Robin were...” more
- Jan 9, 2015: “No better way to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary! Robin and Tori were so gracious and...” more
- Jan 8, 2015: “We very much enjoyed our stay at the James Place Inn. The owners are on site...” more
- Jan 4, 2015: “What a wonderful time we had. Friendly, kind, jovial host had us relaxed and laughing within...” more
Things to Do
Outdoor Activities around Freeport, Maine
- Bradbury Mountain State Park – a simple climb this with an amazing view!
- Wolfe Neck Woods State Park – great views of Casco Bay and wonderful hiking/crosscountry trails
- Winslow Park Beach
- Casco Bay Sails (www.portlandschooner.com)
- LL Bean Outdoor Discovery Schhol – enjoy kayaking, skeet shooting, achery and fly fish casting May – October and cross-country skiing and snow shoeing November – April (while there is snow)!
- Bird Watching (www.mainebirdingtrail.com)
- Windjammer Cruises
- Whale Watches
- Maine Audubon Society
- Maine Maritime Museum
- Freeport Historical Society (see www.freeporthistoricalsociety.org)
- Pettengil Farm
- Cross-country Skiing
- Skiing at Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Saddleback (two-hour drive from Freeport)
- Mountain bike trails
- Sea Kayaking
- Golf at the Freeport Country Club
- We would be pleased to recommend a variety of outdoor activities based on your interests. Let us assist you in your planning!
Restaurants in Freeport, Maine
- Azure Cafe
- Buck’s Naked BBQ
- The Lobster Cooker
- Gritty McDuff’s Brew Pub
- Mediterranean Grill
- Freeport Chowder House
- Harraseeket Lunch & Lobster (seasonal)
- Broad Arrow Tavern
- Jacqueline’s Tea Room (Delightful)!
- Jameson Tavern
- Johnny Rockets
- Petrillo’sLinda Bean's Tavern
- Tuscan Bistro
- Coffee By Design Coffee Shop
- Isabella’s Sticky Buns Cafe
Shopping in Freeport, Maine
- LL Bean
- Banana Republic
- North Face
- Horny Toad
- Tommy Hilfigger
- Brook Brothers
- Bass Shoes
- Calvin Klein
- J. Crew
- Jone’s New York
- Clark’s Shoes
- Cole Haan
- Children’s Place
- Osh Kosh
- Van Huesen
- Sail Bags
And many more! Over 140 stores in all!
Go to www.FreeportUSA.com for more information, or to find a shop.