The Hawthorn Inn Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Hawthorn Inn, a Camden Maine Bed and Breakfast Inn, is situated just steps from picturesque Camden Harbor and Camden village, featuring the beautiful sailing waters of Penobscot Bay and spectacular views of Mt. Battie. The Hawthorn Inn is the perfect Penobscot Bay accommodation from which to explore the entire Midcoast region of central Maine.
The Hawthorn Inn offers elegant lodging and romantic vacation getaway accommodations with beautiful decor, Jacuzzis, soaking tubs, fireplaces, and private decks with seasonal harbor views, perfect for Camden Maine weddings. Experience the romance of this spacious Midcoast Maine retreat in pampered luxury-candlelight, fresh flowers, sumptuous robes. Savor a full, gourmet breakfast on the terrace and decks in summer and in the sunny dining room or cozy library in winter.
Yankee Magazine Editors Choice 2008
The Hawthorn Inn is an elegant, Queen Anne-style, Victorian mansion situated on 1.2 acres of lawn and gardens just north of the beautiful sailing village of Camden Maine and steps from the Harbor. One of 66 homes listed in the National Register of Historical Places in the High Street Historic District, The Hawthorn was built in 1894 by a local commercial and residential builder, S.G. Ritterbush. A private home until 1984, the Hawthorn celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2009. A short walk to town or harbor, yet removed enough to ensure a restful retreat and peaceful getaway, The Hawthorn also is a beautiful venue for weddings, commitment ceremonies, family reunions and corporate retreats.
Carriage House This building housed horses and horse-drawn carriages until the early part of the 20th century when it became a barn. The Carriage House now boasts four spacious, romantic and sumptuous rooms, one with a king bed, three with queen beds; all with super-sized, two-person Jacuzzi tubs, seasonal views of the gardens and harbor, private decks and TV/DVDs. Three suites have gas-log fireplaces. The rooms are peaceful and quiet; not a sound from the outside world enters your private retreat, except the soothing Rock Brook, which flows past the Hawthorn Inn on its way to Camden Harbor. The rooms face East, the Harbor and Camden's magnificent sunrise.
Step back in time, rest, relax, and romance the days and nights away. Enjoy sophisticated luxury in a warm, inviting environment at The Hawthorn Inn Bed and Breakfast.
Spacious common rooms in the Main House include a library, a formal living room and a dining room. From the dining room is a door to two-tiered deck and dining terrace with abundant plants and patio garden. Breakfast is served on the terrace in good weather during spring, summer and fall. The terrace is a perfect place for weddings and other events.
Up the winding staircase in the Main House on the second floor are four spacious rooms with private baths. On the third floor, a glorious suite extends the full length of the house, has a king bed in the bedroom, a daybed in the living room, a claw-foot Victorian slipper tub in the bath, and views of the harbor, which change with the season. This suite also has a gas-log stove in the living room and a TV/DVD in both the bedroom and in the living room.
The Hawthorn strives to be a Green Inn, recycles, is a completely nonsmoking inn and property, uses environmentally sustainable products wherever possible, is a business member of Maine Organic Farmers Association, and is a designated environmental leader in the state of Maine.
- A smoke-free inn and property.
- The Hawthorn recycles, uses environmentally sustainable products and uses environmentally sensitive amenities. Serene tree-lined property and gardens.
- A short walk from the harbor, the library amphitheater, and town. Seasonal views of the harbor from eight of ten rooms.
- Full gourmet breakfast, served on the terrace overlooking the gardens in good weather in spring, summer and fall; in the sunny dining room or cozy library in winter. The Hawthorn uses locally grown, organic produce and locally made products wherever possible. Private-blend dark-roast coffee and decaf coffee developed by Maryanne with our local coffee roasters-a long, dark roast of beans from four different countries, and French roast decaf for those who love the flavor but not the buzz. Maryanne's now-famous Hazelnut Granola is served regularly.
- Fresh pot of tea and Hawthorn Vinegar cookies on arrival; afternoon refreshments throughout the stay-Hawthorn Orange Passion Fruit tea or fresh homemade limeade in Summer with bowls of fresh fruits; a variety of Harney & Sons special-blend teas and homemade savories in Winter
- Turndown service, optional.
- Super-sized two-person Jacuzzi tubs in four suites.
- Luxurious microfiber twill, terry-lined robes for each guest in every room.
- Air-conditioned guest rooms. Individually zoned heat control in winter.
- Hair-dryer in every room.
- Iron and ironing board in every room.
- TV/DVD in luxury rooms.
- Victorian slipper tubs in two rooms.
- Gas stove fireplaces in five guest rooms.
- Guest refrigerator and guest ice maker
The Hawthorn Inn is an ideal location for a Maine wedding and wedding reception. Just steps from the harbor and amphitheatre and short walk to the center of town, the Inn is in the best location to enjoy Camden, yet peaceful and quiet. The spacious lawn and gardens accommodate a wedding tent and guests, and the decks and terrace at the back of the Main House are suitable for receptions and small sit-down dinners. For outdoor weddings, the Inn is best suited for up to 80 guests. For indoor weddings with sit-down dinner, the Inn is best suited for up to 40 guests, and up to 60 guests can be accommodated for an elegant cocktail reception and buffet dinner. Small weddings of 20 and under are ideal in this intimate, romantic setting, any time of the year! Elopements are our specialty! Commitment ceremonies are also welcome.
The Hawthorn can provide a complete wedding package, including officiate, catering, wedding photographer, music, flowers, cake. Contact us today to discuss your requirements so we can develop a custom package with you. We are experienced Maine wedding and event planners.