Table Of Contents
Welcome to the Grand Harbor Inn, located in Camden, Maine!
Perched at the edge of one of Maine's most scenic harbors in the coastal village of Camden, the Grand Harbor Inn is a small and distinctive boutique hotel, and the only luxury, AAA 4-Diamond Waterfront Inn our area has to offer. Meticulously designed and crafted to pay tribute to traditional New England coastal cottage architecture, the Grand Harbor Inn offers exceptional personal experiences for guests. Open April through February, the Grand Harbor Inn's uncompromising service, enviable oceanfront location, and world-class amenities are what separate us from the rest, providing the perfect haven for that needed escape or romantic getaway We look forward to your arrival.
The Grand Harbor Inn features several waterfront rooms and suites, offering guests unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and the islands of Penobscot Bay. Each guest room and suite is exquisitely well appointed with private balconies, gas fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs and separate marble and glass enclosed rain showers, high definition 37” LCD TV’s, high speed wireless internet, luxurious bed and bath linens, and so much more!
The interior style of the Grand Harbor Inn is inspired by Tuscan Villas, evoking a rustic, old-world, warm and elegant feel combined with all the contemporary comforts and amenities that today's guests expect. The exterior is Coastal Cottage, shingle-style architecture, blending perfectly with the historic waterfront buildings on Camden Harbor.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Matthew Levin for sharing his own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We are the only waterfront, luxury 4-diamond Inn in Camden that offers legendary customer service and world-class amenities. We are the #1 Rated hotel in Camden on TripAdvisor and have recently received a Conde Nast Traveler Reader's Choice Award.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Our inn is small and distinctive and we take a very personal approach to each guest. We allow them their privacy as they would expect in a large hotel, but service them as if they were family like they were staying in a quaint Bed and Breakfast. Our Inn is best known for its waterfront location and its unparalleled views of Camden Harbor and Penobscot Bay, not to mention the luxurious accommodations.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
To experience coastal New England the way it looked and felt over 100 years ago, but with all of today's modern services and amenities.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Just about every one of our TripAdvisor reviews and accolades seems to top the previous one. We are so proud to be Camden's #1 Rated hotel on TripAdvisor for 3 years running.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The year-round recreational opportunities that we offer. Camden is not just for a nice summer visit, but our Fall foliage is spectacular, and our winters can be exciting with nearby skiing at Camden Snow Bowl, and snow shoeing at Camden Hills State Park. All of our best restaurants are open year-round and so are most shops and galleries.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Hike Mt. Battie in Camden Hills State Park, take a schooner tour aboard the Appledore II, take a guided sea kayak tour from Maine Sport Outfitters, visit the Cellardoor Winery in nearby Lincolnville, visit the Belted Galloway cows at nearby Aldermere Farm, visit the Farnsworth Art Museum in nearby Rockland, Maine, swim at nearby Meguticook Lake or rent a Standup Paddleboard from Maine Sport Outfitters and tour the entire lake.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The entire village of Camden is within a short walk of our Inn. Grand Harbor Inn is literally in the center of it all. Just park and forget. Guests can walk to all of Camden's finest restaurants, shops, boutiques and theaters.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area? Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 10 rooms.
Do you accept pets?
Yes, we are very pet friendly.
In-Suite Continental Breakfast Service
A complimentary deluxe continental breakfast is included with your stay and is delivered to your room each morning between the hours of 7:30am and 10am. Guests are able to choose a preferred delivery time and beverage choices.
Your breakfast will include our signature yogurt and granola parfait, a fresh baked sweet pastry item and a savory slice of quiche per person, fresh brewed coffee, and your choice of juice. The fresh baked items vary each morning and are pre-determined by our breakfast chef based on the availability of local seasonal ingredients
Services & Amenities
The exclusive Grand Harbor Inn is secluded in its feel yet rests in the heart of Camden Harbor. A masterpiece created at the water's edge, the Grand Harbor Inn will surpass your every expectation. Every guest suite at the Grand Harbor Inn is a welcoming sanctuary of comfort. Throughout this intimate boutique Inn, guests will note special touches and discreet attention to detail that is a hallmark of gracious hospitality.
Complimentary Services Include
- Generous continental breakfast served to your room each morning
- 24-Hour front desk & concierge service.
- Complimentary passes to nearby YMCA with state-of-the-art Fitness Center, Indoor Pool, & Running Track
- Daily newspapers in the lobby
- Free overnight on-site parking
- Property-wide high speed wireless internet
- Free local and toll free phone calls
- Complimentary DVD & Blu-ray disc movie library for viewing in your room
- Evening turndown service
- Complimentary glass of Prosecco or sparkling water at check-in
- 24-hour coffee & tea service
- Travel guide magazines in your room
- 24-hour fax & copy service
- Lobby business computer & printer access
- Elevator service & ADA accessible rooms
Guestroom Amenities Include
- 100% Smoke Free Environment (all rooms and balconies are non-smoking)
- Large, private decks overlooking either Camden Harbor & Penobscot Bay or the Village Landing
- Gas fireplaces (most suites boast double-sided fireplaces for enjoying in the bedroom and living room)
- Samsung 37" HD LCD TV's with over 150 channels of premium digital and HD channels
- Samsung Blu-ray disc players with internet and TV streaming content
- Remote Jack Pack for seamlessly connecting personal media and laptop computers to your TV
- Five fixture bathrooms featuring double-sink vanities, Jacuzzi tubs, custom marble and glass showers with rain shower and body jets, radiant floor heat, and LED lighted makeup mirrors
- Cordless desk phones with speaker phone function
- Plush 100% cotton Shawl Collar Terry bathrobes from the Turkish Towel Company
- 100% premium Turkish Cotton oversized bath towels and washcloths from the Turkish Towel Company
- Luxurious 400 thread count cotton sateen sheets and goose down pillows from Cuddledown of Maine
- Beautyrest Felicity II Pillow Top mattresses
- Custom enclosed food & beverage closets with: mini-frig, microwave oven, coffee maker, and serving ware
- In-suite gourmet coffee and tea brewing systems by Keurig
- Gilchrist & Soames spa-quality soaps, lotions, conditioners, body washes and shampoos
- Energy efficient, guest-controlled heating and air conditioning systems
- Iron and ironing boards
Available Services for a Fee
- Private in-room massage & selected spa services
- In-room wine & sparkling wine menu
- Pet Friendly guestrooms ($35/pet/night)
- In-room dining & take-out (offered by Fresh Restaurant)
If recreation is on your list of things to do, our area offers just about everything you can imagine for the outdoor enthusiast. How about a great hike in Camden Hills State Park, a sea kayaking adventure in Camden Harbor, an island bicycle tour on nearby Isle Ahaut, or a daysail on Penobscot Bay aboard an historic schooner? Well, you can enjoy them all just steps away from the luxurious Grand Harbor Inn. And don't forget wintertime, with such great activities as downhill or x-c skiing, snowshoeing and ice skating all within a short drive from our Inn.
- Outdoor Recreation & Adventure
- Local Shopping
- Cultural Activities
Camden is graced with an abundance of fine dining choices just steps away from the Grand Harbor Inn. Enjoy a traditional lobster dinner right on the waterfront, or how about pan-seared scallops and fried whole belly clams for an appetizer. Whatever your preference, Camden has just about any cuisine you might fancy. And just a short drive south is Rockland, offering several fine dining choices right on the water. Here are a few of our favorite restaurants we highly recommend during your next visit:
- Fresh Restaurant
- Fresh Bakery & Market
- Graffam Brothers Harborside Restaurant
- Atlantica Restaurant
- Peter Ott's Restaurant
- Archer's on the Pier
Spa and Fitness
The Grand Harbor Inn is where travel and fitness go hand-in-hand. All Grand Harbor Inn guests receive complimentary access to the nearby Penobscot Bay YMCA, the mid-coast's premier health & fitness facility. The Pen Bay YMCA is just over a mile from the Grand Harbor Inn, allowing guests an easy and convenient way to stay fit while on the road.
- The Penobscot Bay YMCA
- In-Room Spa Treatments
- In-Room Yoga & Wellness Package
Pet Friendly Accommodations
We love dogs and realize that more and more travelers are taking their beloved pets with them. That is why we are welcoming travelers with dogs with "open paws". Our Pampered Pooch Accommodations includes a comfortable and plush fleece dog bed, gourmet dog biscuits, water and food bowl, and an extensive list of local outdoor recreational activities for you and your pet to enjoy, doggy daycare options, and local veterinarians just in case something unexpected occurs. To respect our other guests, we have a limit of two well behaved dogs per room (no size restrictions), and require that dogs not be left unattended at anytime in your room and be kept on leash in all public areas. Guests will be asked to sign and adhere to our pet policies and etiquette upon arrival and check-in.
Pampered Pooch Accommodations Include
- Pet Welcome
- Plush fleece dog bed
- Gourmet biscuits
- Food & water bowl
- Pet welcome packet (list of local pet resources)
- Warm greeting and a rub behind the ears
Fees & Policies
- There is a $35/pet/night fee for guests with dogs;
- There is a maximum of two dogs allowed per room;
- Several rooms are designated pet friendly. Please inquire upon making your reservation;
- Pets may never be left unattended in your room at anytime;
- Your dog(s) must be kept on leash at all times outside of your room in all public areas of the Inn;
- Keep identification on your pet at all times;
- Please keep a disposable poop bag with you during walks so you can clean up after your pet;
- Please feed your pet in the tiled bathroom rather than on our carpet to minimize any spillage or staining while eating and drinking;
- If your dog barks frequently, other guests may be disturbed, so please take steps to comfort and positively reward your pooch for not barking. Guests may be asked to leave if their dog excessively barks and disturbs other guests;
- Please discourage your pet from jumping on the furniture or beds. At the very least, please cover the furniture or bed with a towel or your own covers brought from home. Please use the plush fleece lined and filled pet bed we have provided for your pet to sleep on.
- Please wipe off muddy or wet paws before your pet enters the Inn;
- If any damage occurs to your room or Inn as a result of your pet’s behavior any repair and/or cleaning bills will be charged to your folio.