Table Of Contents
Nestled in the heart of Western Maine's Lakes & Mountains region only forty miles from Portland, Noble House Inn sits gracefully above scenic Highland Lake in the quaint town of Bridgton. Originally a senator's estate, our historic Victorian is surrounded by sprawling lawns and stone walls, towering oaks and a century-old pine grove. Breathe in the crisp mountain air from your screened porch, or let the whirling bubbles of a Jacuzzi tub melt away your cares before nestling beneath luxurious linens in one of our antique-furnished guestrooms or luxury suites.
Wake up to an aromatic cup of coffee on the veranda then savor a Wicked-Good breakfast in our sunny, always-cheery breakfast room before embarking on a day of skiing at Shawnee Peak, hiking, bicycling, golfing or antiquing. Take our canoe or your kayak out to explore Highland Lake or just relax on the veranda with a good book or your favorite sweetheart. At the end of the day, return to the inn and take a dip in our Famous Bottomless Cookie Jar. Whatever your plans, the innkeepers are always available to help make your stay special.
Tour the Inn
Over a century ago, this Victorian estate was built as a summer retreat for Senator Staples. In the 1940s, notable local dentist Dr. Gilbert Noble purchased the home and lovingly maintained it until selling it in the 1980s when it was converted into a nine room inn. Since then, Noble House has been host to friends old & new. Bordered by century-old stone walls, the inn sits atop 4-acres of sprawling lawns, stately old oaks and a pine grove. Only a 1¼ mile down quiet Highland Road off Bridgton's quaint Main Street, guests can take in fresh breezes that rush in off Highland Lake, rock away the afternoon on wicker-clad porches or experience the Milky Way on cloudless nights. Inside the inn, feel the rush of daily life disappear when you relax in the parlor, which boasts a century-old grand piano & working pump organ. Let yourself sink into overstuffed furniture or lounge in front of the fireplace for quiet relaxation.
The formal dining room takes you back 100 years to a time of dining elegance. The ornate brick fireplace is the room's focal point and serves as a romantic backdrop for gourmet dining.
Around the corner, you'll find the sunny breakfast room where you can sneak views of the lake or watch furry & feathered friends pass through the grounds. Cheerful and bright, this room kick-starts the day beautifully.
Through the French doors you'll find the most popular room of all, the den, home to the secret game closet. Guests gather in front of the wood-burning fireplace to swap stories of their adventures or make daily plans over coffee and a paper. At night, classic movies from our collection can be viewed on the guest TV just steps from the Bottomless Cookie Jar. Built for comfort, this is one of our favorite rooms!
Wicked Good Food
Guests can't get enough of our wicked-good breakfasts. We prepare our selections from scratch in our sunny country kitchen then serve them in our cheery breakfast room or in the classic original dining room, your choice. We begin every breakfast with a selection of fresh juices, fine Tazo teas, rich coffee & hot cocoa. Next we offer fresh fruit, homemade baked goods and our Famous Homemade "Noble Granola". Then we present the main course, which includes a fabulous egg dish, wonderful griddle item with Real Maple Syrup & compliment it all with a savory breakfast meat.
Small Sampling of Our Menu:
- "Husband-Catcher" Banana-Walnut Bread
- Roasted Red Pepper, Ham & Cheese Strata
- Apple-Stuffed Noble House Crepes
- Florentine Pie with Parmesan & Savory Ham
- Heavenly Blueberry-Buttermilk Pancakes
- Breakfast Bread Pudding w/Apple Cider Sauce
- Braised Chicken-Apple Sausage
Early Morning Coffee Service
For those early risers, we offer an early morning coffee service. Savor that first cup of the morning on the front porch, perhaps hearing the loons call across the lake.
Bottomless Cookie Jar
Who can resist our Famous Bottomless Cookie Jar! Filled daily with made-from-scratch goodies straight from our collection of recipes from our antique cookbooks. Delighting the kid in all of us, we've found many a set of grown-up hands caught in the cookie jar. There's nothing like coming back to the inn to experience the aroma of yummy cookies coming right out of the oven. Irresistible!
Guest Pantry Privileges
For the snacker in all of us, we offer 24-hour complimentary soft drinks, Tazo teas, hot cocoa, salty snacks & of course the Bottomless Cookie Jar. In the cool Autumn months, expect to find Hot Mulled Cider, fresh from the area's many local mills.
Elopements, Weddings & Honeymoons in Maine
Congratulations! You’ve just discovered Noble House Inn, the ideal destination for your intimate Maine wedding or romantic elopement. Because we specialize in intimate celebrations, we are able to help you create an elegant, affordable and stress-free alternative to today's more stressful extravaganzas. Our romantic inn offers a classic backdrop above scenic Highland Lake for your celebration.
We offer a wide selection of wedding and elopement packages to meet your needs. Our in-house wedding planner will help you create lasting memories of your romantic wedding by working with you closely to select the best of our wedding packages, customize your ceremony, select special colors, choose the perfect setting and handle all of the details so that from the moment you arrive, no worries exist.
The process is easy, but begins with a call, so contact us today, toll-free at 888-237-4880 and ask for Julie.
Top 10 Reasons to Wed at Noble House Inn
- We Love What We Do and It Shows. Happiness is contagious so let us help you plan your celebration with our hands-on service and exceptional hospitality.
- Exceptional Quality at Affordable Prices. Why pay exorbitant prices of other venues when you can enjoy an affordable, first-class Noble House Wedding or Elopement.
- Location, Location, Location. Bridgton is the hub of the western lakes region and offers a hip main street with shopping, dining, galleries, museums and theaters.
- 4-Season Weddings & Elopements. Whether you’re considering a spring, summer, winter or fall wedding, we’re here for you.
- Wicked-Good Food. Local, Organic, Made-from-Scratch and prepared in our classic farmhouse kitchen by us that day!
- Get Married When You Want. Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays…
- Flexibility. Because we’re a small inn, we have the ability to be flexible for you on your special day.
- Experience. With over 60 weddings & elopements under our belt, we know what it takes to make a successful, happy event.
- No Worries. Our packages range from the simple to the comprehensive and we arrange it all so that you can focus on the moment.
- Because You Deserve The Best!!!
Organic & Local
From Weston's and Sherman Farm Markets in Fryeburg to the Farmer's Market in Bridgton , from Rippling Waters Organic Farm to Morning Dew Natural Foods Grocery, and from our our own organic gardens to your plate, we present fresh, organic and local ingredients in every one of our wicked-good breakfasts.
Reducing, Reusing & Recycling
From canvas bags to foot power, we’re reducing our impact on the environment by reusing wherever possible. We practice extensive waste reduction and recycling of glass, paper, cardboard, metal, plastic and ceramic. These efforts have reduced our waste significantly, the majority of which is now recycled.
Water Reduction Practices
To conserve water, one of Maine’s greatest natural resources, we have taken several steps to reduce its usage here at Noble House Inn; we have installed low-flow toilets and a commercial dishwashing system. We also personally conserve water and encourage guests to do the same by doing such things as turning faucets off when not in immediate use and asking guests to consider using their linens more than once.
Smoke Free Environment
For the health and comfort of our guests and the health of the environment, Noble House Inn is a smoke-free environment.
Compact Florescent Bulbs
Our change from incandescent to compact florescent bulbs in over 75% of our fixtures has reduced our energy usage significantly. We further protect the environment by responsibly recycling our bulbs.
"Thank you for everything! The food was AMAZING!! Especially the apple crepes and the bread pudding." -Alix & Jess
"Breakfast was amazing!" -Danny & Melissa
"A wonderful, warm & welcoming home. Fond memories to take home of your hospitality, beautiful surroundings AND superb home cooked breakfasts." - David & Pat
"A beautiful place in a beautiful place." -Craig & Katherine
"This magical Inn just Keeps getting Better." -Elliot & Karen
"Thanks for helping us fall in love with Maine." -Dana & Pia
To read more reviews and accolades of Noble House Inn, visit our website.
Area Attractions & Activites
Centrally located to everything, we offer...
In The Warm Months
- Stay & Play Golf Package for Bridgton Highlands Country Club (in town)
- Fryeburg Fail
- A canoe to explore Highland Lake
- 48 terrific local hikes including Evans Notch & The Appalachian Trail
- Swimming in Highland Lake Beach & we offer beach towels! (steps away)
- Live Summer Theater (5 Miles)
- Bicycle Touring
- Horseback Riding (10 Miles)
- Tennis, FREE (in town)
- Fishing on Highland Lake
- Sailing, Jet Skiing, Power Boating, River Boating (9 miles)
- Drive-in Movie Theater (in town)
- Historic Movie House (in town)
- Train Rides & Cog Railroad (30 minutes)
- Mount Washington (45 minutes)
- Night Club with Live Music: folk, blues, jazz(in town)
In The Cold Months
- Ski & Stay Packages for Shawnee Peak Ski Resort (6 miles)
- 9-miles of free, groomed cross-country ski trails (in town)
- Mushers Bowl & Winter Carnival at Highland Lake
- Horse-drawn carriage rides (5 miles)
- Ice-skating Rink & Sledding Hill (in town) FREE
- Snowmobiling (10 miles)
- Ice Fishing on Highland Lake (bring your own equipment)
- Snowshoes for guest use
- In-House dining for our guests
All Year Long
- Romantic Getaway Packages
- Antiquing & Auctions
- Art Gallery (1/2 mile)
- Local Winery (15 miles)
- Tax-free shopping in North Conway (30 minutes)
- L.L. Bean's "Flagship" Store in Freeport (1 hour)
- Old Town in Portland on the Ocean (1 hour)
- Extensive classic movie collection
- Game closet
- Century grand piano & working pump organ
- Loon Echo Bike Trek
- Musher's Bowl
- Casco Brew Fest
- Camp Sunshine
- Loon Echo Land Trust
- Lakes Environmental Association
- Habitat Humanity
- Harvest Hills Animal Shelter
- Camp Susan-Curtis Sunshine
- Mushers Bowl
- Maine Innkeepers Association
- Maine Office of Tourism
- Shawnee Peak Ski Resort
- Bridgton Academy
- Bridgton Highlands Country Club
- Vote for the Inn at Pamela Lanier's Site
- Beach Hill Bison Farm
- High View Farm
- Fryeburg Snowmobile Rentals
- Saco River Canoe & Kayak
- Sebago Sailing
- Deertrees Theater & Cultural Center
- Gallery 302
- Hidden Acres Stables
- Big Kahuna Night Club
- Blacksmith's Winery
- Songo River Queen
- Fryeburg Fair
- Conway Scenic Railway
- Wild Plum
- Flowerbed Farms
- Favorite Pastimes Antiques
- Sea Plane Rides
- Big Adventure Center
- White Birch Guide Service
- Angel's Flight