Main House Rooms (1-7)
The historic Main House at Topside Inn includes six guestrooms on three levels. Each room is unique, with modern amenities and updated coastal decor that enhances the character of the 1840 classic New England sea captain's home. All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze. Main House guestrooms offer amazing water views in three directions and several are our most popular rooms.
Windward Guest House Rooms (8-17)
The Windward Guest House at Topside Inn sits just across the lawn from the Main House and offers nine guestrooms on three levels, all with outside entry and direct access to covered porches that span the front and back of the building.
The main level features four rooms in a row - three with king beds (9, 10, 12) and one with two single beds (11).
Up one flight of stairs, the second floor also has four rooms in a row, all with queen beds (14-17).
Hidden on the lower level, room 8 spans nearly the entire building and offers a large, private space with its own deck.
All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures and amenities, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze, and Windward is air conditioned as well!
Leeward Guest House (19-25)
Extending off the edge of the western hill, the five rooms offered in Leeward Guest House provide great views of the water to the south and west, and are a bit larger than those in the Windward Guest House.
The three top floor rooms (23-25) with king beds can be accessed with just a few steps off ground, but have the feeling and views you'd expect from climbing several flights of stairs. All have access to the shared sitting porch to enjoy the view outside as well.
All rooms have private, in-suite bathrooms with fully renovated and modern fixtures and amenities, flat screen cable TV, hair dryer, iron and board, free wireless internet, room/window fans to amplify the cool ocean breeze.
Rates and Policies
Availability and Reservations
- Check availability (always completely current) and reserve online, anytime. Our online reservation system provides the best information on rates, and a detailed features list and several photos for every guestroom.
- A two-night minimum stay is the norm throughout our short and busy season - contact us by email or phone regarding availability for one night or other scenarios.
- Room rates are for single or double occupancy and are subject to state lodging tax, currently 8%.
- Room rates always include full breakfast, and a host of other perks and benefits as our guest. Parking and luggage assistance, 24-hour tea, coffee and snacks, wireless internet, and courteous personal service are all complimentary.
- A one-night deposit (plus tax) is required to secure your reservation. A larger deposit may be required for stays of 5 nights or more. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express cards. The balance is due upon arrival at the inn, when cash or travelers checks are also accepted.
At the Inn
- Check-in is 2pm to 7pm. Arrangements can easily be made for late arrival.
- Check-out is by 11am, and parking is available after your stay to take advantage of local activities.
- We can accommodate children age 12 and older.
- Sorry we cannot accommodate pets, but there are kennels nearby.
- Topside Inn is a non-smoking property inside and out, and use of any item that burns such as candles or incense is prohibited. Evidence of indoor smoking will result in cleaning charges equal to twice the nightly room rate.
Cancellations & Refunds
- As a small, independently owned and operated inn, we do not overbook our accommodations - each reservation is made for specific dates, room(s), and number of guests, and we are expecting you! Cancellations and changes made with short notice impact us significantly.
- If your plans change after your reservation is confirmed, cancellation notice is required 14 days in advance of arrival date to obtain a refund of your deposit.
- With shorter notice we will only refund your deposit if we are able to sell the room to other guests for all nights reserved, and you are responsible to pay for any nights that could not be rented to another party.
- The cancellation policy also applies to changes in your arrival or departure date which result in a shorter stay.
Refunds are not provided for late arrivals or early departures