Bethel Hill Bed and Breakfast
The Fernwood Suite
This first floor suite is at the far end of our foyer and is handicap accessible. The room features hardwood floors, a spacious sitting area with gliding love seat and is furnished in antique oak including a Larkin desk, unique marble top bow front dresser and bow front night stand. A queen brass bed with white matalasse bedspread compliments the light ivory wall color. The soft garden tones of red, green and blue in the fabrics add interest and color to the simple Maine Victorian feel. A ceiling fan over the bed enhances the rooms central air conditioning. The rooms character carries into the large bath with an antique oak washstand and mirror. At the end of the day, relax in your 6 foot (one person)hydro-massage tub with back massage and shower. Through the french door and down two steps, is your private stone patio with comfortable Adirondack chairs set amidst a perennial garden.
The Woodrose Suite
This suite is located at the top of the guest stairway and just off the common living room. The warm chamois colored walls are accented with vintage floral drapes in soft green with red accents and coordinating duvet ensemble. The ceiling slopes to windows eloquently framed by the posts of the queen size mahogany bed and are reflected in the mirror of the large mahogany dresser. An antique mahogany Governor Winthrop desk and two tapestry covered wing chairs provides a private sitting area. There is a ceiling fan over the bed for a cooling breeze on warm summer nights. The morning sunlight shines through the east facing windows. The large bath features an oversized 3 foot by 6 foot whirlpool tub (one person) with shower and a pedestal sink complimenting the elegant turn of century ambiance of this suite.
The Dogwood Suite
Located on the second floor at the far end of the common living room, this two room suite is perfect for families, friends traveling together or couples wishing a spacious suite with private living room. A tranquil coordinated color scheme flows throughout. Your private sitting room is furnished in antique oak with a unique hutch-top secretary desk, a double pull-out sofa and a small rocking chair . Amenities include a TV and air conditioning. A cozy private bath with whirlpool tub and pedestal sink has a spa-like look with carrara tile floors and soft pastel blue-green walls. The spacious bedroom is furnished in antique mahogany, with a bureau, night stand, occasional tables, rocking chair and two antique four posted beds (three-quarter size). The serene blue-green hues of the walls are enhanced by custom drapes and duvets. This room features lots of closet space and a ceiling fan between the beds. The bedroom is bright and sunny with large windows and wonderful sunset views. The flowering trees of our front yard, the historic Bingham House and views beyond to the eighteenth fairway are enjoyed.
The Fernwood Suite
This first floor suite is at the far end of our foyer and is handicap accessible. The room features hardwood floors, a spacious sitting area with gliding love seat and is furnished in antique oak including a Larkin desk, unique marble top bow front dresser and bow front night stand. A queen brass bed with white matalasse bedspread compliments the light ivory wall color. A ceiling fan over the bed enhances the rooms central air conditioning. The rooms character carries into the large bath with an antique oak washstand and mirror. At the end of the day, relax in your 6 foot hydro-massage tub with back massage and shower. Through the french door and down two steps, enjoy comfortable Adirondack chairs set amidst a secluded perennial garden.
Amenities & Policies
Guest suites feature comfortable sitting areas, hydro massage or whirlpool tubs and showers in their private baths. Two of our rooms are air conditioned, and all have ceiling fans over the beds. A small cable television is provided in each room. Each suite comfortably accommodates one or two people; our family suite has a private living room with a sofa-bed. We are sorry but rollaway's or cots are not available.
Included in your stay is a delicious gourmet breakfast featuring fresh brewed coffee, fresh juices, fresh local fruits and berries, homemade breads and muffins and a hearty main dish. Breakfast is offered on the sun porch with a cozy fireplace to keep you warm on those cold mornings or may choose to sit and relax with your coffee in the Adirondack chairs on the front porch in the warmer months. There is a common room for our guest’s exclusive use with a comfortable wicker seating area, a game table, books to browse through and WIFI internet service.
- All rates are per night, double occupancy. A charge of $30/night is applied for additional guests staying in our two room suite. As we are a primarily adult oriented bed and breakfast, children over 12 years of age are welcome in our two room suite. We may require a two night minimum stay on weekends and holidays. All rates are subject to Maine Lodging Tax and gratuity.
- 10% special discounts for Gould Academy parents attending events (2 night minimum). 20% PSIA, AASI, NSP attending events, 10% other times (2 night minimum). Please ask for discount when booking.
- Check-in from 4:00-6:00 pm. After hours we will try to greet you at the door if we are available or there will be an envelope with your name and key inside on the table. Check out by 11:00 am
- Reservations require a 50% deposit or the cost of one nights stay to hold your reservation.
- Full payment is due upon arrival. We gladly accept cash, travelers checks, master card or visa.
- We will gladly refund your deposit (less a $25 handling fee)if we receive a 14 day notice. If less than 14 days then deposits will be forfeited unless we re-book your suite for your entire reserved stay. If less than 48 hours notice you will be will be charged the full amount of the intended stay unless we can book all reserved nights.If you must depart earlier than planned your room will be charged unless we are able to book those nights to another party.
- We are committed to a smoke free environment. Smoking will result in a service fee for professional complete room cleaning.
- The rates listed are approximate and may vary during our busiest times.