The Galen C. Moses House Bed and Breakfast
The Victorian Room
The Victorian Room with its high ceiling and bay window has a panoramic view of Washington Street, a street listed in the National Register of Historic Places. This lovely room contains a queen-sized bed, a white marble nonworking fireplace, a sitting area and quite a collection of antiques. The Victorian and the Moses Rooms are adjacent to and connected with each other in case you would like to rent them as a Suite for up to four persons.
The Maple Room
The Maple Room has a canopy bed which looks out on the Maple front nonworking fireplace and original marble sink. The frieze with its shell motif, compliments a subtle nautical theme in this room. The bath contains a full tub and shower.
The Moses Room
The Moses Room contains twin beds with its own antique washstand and the original plaster frieze on all four walls. The wallpaper is a 1900 reproduction from the Birge Company of Buffalo, New York. The bath, though in the hallway, contains full original claw foot tub (a new shower added) and the original sink. The high ceilings provides ample room for an impressive display case of antique bathroom paraphernalia.
The Vintage Room
The Vintage Room looking out on historic Washington Street, has high ceilings, an queen size bed, an original washstand and lots of light. The 3/4 private bath is large and airy.
The Carriage Room
The Carriage Room has a queen size bed, full private bath (tub and shower) and a separate sitting room. There is a private entrance directly from the parking lot. The room is on the first floor.
General Information & Policies
The rooms within the house are large and reminiscent of the 19th-century grand Victorian style. Each downstairs room has high ceilings, elaborate friezes, original chandeliers and beautiful stained glass windows. Upstairs are the sleeping accommodations which continue the uniqueness of this home.
Suite Rooms - The suite is located on the second floor just off the main hallway. There are two bedrooms in the suite, which share a large and recently remodeled bathroom. Each room can be reserved individually or together.
- All rooms are air conditioned except the Carriage Room
- Wired for WiFi
- Two people maximum per room
- Check-in: 4 until 8 pm - Check-out: 11 am
- Advance reservations must be secured by a deposit equal to one night's lodging. Balance due upon arrival.
- Please e-mail us for specific room rates
- Please check out our Specials for Antique, Shopping and Romantic Getaways
- Ask about Midweek and Multiple Night Discounts, Long term available
- Open All Year
- A 7% Maine State Lodging tax is added to our guests' statements
- Gratuities are optional
- Although we generally have a two-night stay in-season weekends and national and religious holidays all year, the combination of certain days often results in one-night availability for Friday or Saturday night, so do email us or call us toll free to check.
- All but one guest room has private baths. All guest bathrooms have fluffy towels and moisturizing liquid bath soap. Hair dryers are available Robes are provided in rooms with baths outside the room. Guest rooms have firm beds, hypo-allergenic pillows and comforters. All of our guest rooms have air conditioning units
- Special dietary needs can be a accommodated (24 hour advance notice, please).
- We cannot accommodate children under 13.
- Smoking is not allowed in the house
- Pets: The Carriage Room is pet friendly and we welcome canine pets for a nightly fee of $15 per pet. We hold all pet owners financially responsible for any and all pet stains/damage to the premises/property. A copy of our Pet Rules will be given to you during check-in and will be mailed to you if requested.