Saltair Inn Waterfront Bed and Breakfast
Originally used as the home's main living parlor, the Master Suite is the inn's most luxurious accommodation. Enjoy a restful night's sleep in the king-size four poster cherry bed situated in front of the large ornate gas fireplace.
The two-person jacuzzi tub in the master bath is ideal for relaxing after a full day exploring Acadia National Park. This bathroom also features a separate shower.
Through the glass French doors you will find a very relaxing sitting room with floor to ceiling windows, a second gas fireplace and cable TV/DVD. Snuggle up on the couch for a romantic evening with a movie and a fire, or lounge in one of the oversized chairs with a good book and panoramic views of Bar Island and Frenchman Bay.
The only guest room on the first floor of the inn (780 sf). Enjoy commanding views of Bar Island and Frenchman Bay from the grand private sitting room.
At the end of a private hall on the second floor of the inn, you will find the Sedgwick Room. Tastefully decorated in refreshing fall colors, this modest size room was completely renovated in 2011.
Our smallest guest room on the front side of the inn, the Sedgwick Room (225 sf) features parque floors, a queen-size bed, and a newly renovated bath with a heated travertine floor and an extra deep air-jet tub/shower with granite surround.
This luxurious waterfront suite (525 sf) features a king-size oak bed and views of the Bay from a private sitting room and second floor balcony deck. Enjoy the see-through gas fireplace from both the bedroom and the sitting room.
A second gas fireplace located in the spacious private bath is the perfect compliment to a relaxing soak in the oversized Victorian claw-foot tub (separate shower also in bath).
Stunning views of Frenchman Bay can be enjoyed from the turret sitting room (featuring a unique curved wall) and from the second floor balcony deck.
Also on the front side of the inn overlooking the historic cottages of West Street, on the second floor of the inn, the Cottage Room (320 sf) features parque floors, a queen size bed, and a newly renovated bath.
Recent renovations of the Cottage Room's bath include a new heated travertine floor, beadboard ceiling, and a relaxing air-jet effervescent tub with spanish marble surround. This is the perfect bath for relaxing your muscles after an envigorating day on Acadia's trails. An underwater chromatherapy light creates a constant color wash, or a soft rotation of colors to enrich your bathing experience.
This magnificent waterfront suite (510 sf) features a romantic king-size bed with cherry armoires and overhead light bar. Fall asleep in front of the gas fireplace, and wake up to beautiful views of the Bay through the picture window.
The spacious private bath, renovated in 2012, features an oversized Victorian claw foot tub, separate 3' x 6' tiled shower, and heated porcelain floor. A lot of time and effort went into this remodel. We hope you enjoy it.
More views of Frenchman Bay are yours to enjoy from your private sitting room with a second gas fireplace, and from the second floor balcony deck. Curl up with a good book, or just relax and enjoy the view!
Located down a secluded private hallway on the front side of the house, the Chart Room (345 sf) is the inn's most nautical accommodation. Enjoy views of the beautiful shingle style "cottages" located along historic West Street, also built for Saltair's original owner.
A very comfortable room on the second floor of the inn, the Chart Room features a luxurious queen size bed, romantic gas fireplace, seating area, and a private bath with a tiled shower-tub combination.
Arrival & Departure
- Check-in is from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. If you are able to arrive earlier than 3:00 pm, please stop by and we will see if your room is ready. If it is not, maybe we can help you pick an afternoon activity or a place for lunch. Prior arrangements may be made for guests arriving after 6:00 pm.
- On the day you check out, you are welcome to spend as much time as you like in the living room, dining room, sunroom or on the deck and back lawn, but we do need time to get your room ready for our next guest. Check-out is 11:00 am.
Deposits & Cancellations
- A one night deposit is required for 1-night stays. A two night deposit is required for 2 or 3-night stays. A 50% deposit is required for stays longer than three nights. Reservations are confirmed upon receipt of deposit. The balance of your reservation is due upon arrival. Rates are subject to a 7% Maine state lodging tax.
- As we are a small inn, cancellations affect us greatly. If you find it necessary to cancel or change your reservation, please call 14 days prior to your scheduled arrival so your deposit can be refunded, less a $25 credit card processing fee. For cancellations within 14 days, your deposit will be refunded based on our ability to re-rent your room. Please also note that shortening your stay is considered a cancellation.
Children, Pets & Smoking
- All rates assume double occupancy, as each of our rooms can only accommodate two people. Children are always welcome at the Saltair Inn, but it will be necessary for families traveling with more than two people to reserve multiple rooms. One person in each room must be at least 18 years old.
- For the comfort of all guests, the Saltair is a smoke-free and pet-free establishment.