Barrow House Inn
Table Of Contents
Relive the Romance of the Old South in a Bed & Breakfast with a Carefully-Selected Collection of Exquisite American Antiques from the Mid-1800s
You're in the Perfect Location: Relax or Stroll Through the Fairy-Tale Town of St. Francisville. Truly a Magical Place You Will Never Forget!
For your Special Occasion or Getaway, you can stay in luxurious and elegant suites with bedrooms and formal parlors. All of the work is done for you. Shirley Dittloff, the resident owner/innkeeper, will give you complete info on the best tours, shops, and restaurants in the area, plus suggested itineraries. Guests always enjoy taking an exclusive audio walking tour of the historic district.
Barrow House Inn is in the perfect location in the heart of the historic district of one of the South's prettiest small towns. Stroll through a quaint neighborhood to shops and historic sights. There are 8 plantations to tour within a 10 minute drive, the largest concentration in Louisiana. While here you may also enjoy cycling, hiking, winery tours, bird watching and other activities. Plus, you can use our bicycling & driving maps, look through menus from all the restaurants, or just simply relax on our spacious porches while enjoying complimentary beverages.
All rooms and suites include the following amenities:
- Air-conditioning and heating
- Private bathroom
- Cable or DirecTV, Blu-Ray or DVD (with extensive movie collection for you)
- WI-FI (Wireless Internet) Access
- Iron/Ironing Board, Hairdryer
- SOFT Water (much better for your skin that hard water)
- Parking? Plenty of it, and it's all FREE
- Plus, a Carefully-Selected Collection of American Antiques from the 1840s - 1870s
Shirley Dittloff, owner and innkeeper of the Barrow House Inn, has had numerous recipes published in cookbooks, as well as the prestigiouse Gourmet Magazine. She is also featured with internationally-renowned Cajun Chef John Folse in his cookbook "Warm Beignets and Hot Boudoirs" and appears with John in his national TV show on PBS.
Breakfast at Barrow House Inn is served in our historic dining room on fine china with sterling silver flatware.Shirley serves two options for breakfast: a Continental Breakfast of assorted pastries, muffins, tea breads and other goodies as well as fresh fruit and juice, or you can choose from 3 different New Orleans-style egg dishes:
- Eggs Benedict: 2 eggs on slices of smoked ham piled upon 2 toasted English muffins covered with a rich and creamy Hollandaise sauce
- Eggs Creole: 2 eggs placed upon three-cheese grits with 2 slightly-spicy sausage patties on the side
- Eggs Basin Street: 2 eggs nestled on a bed of white rice with a portion of red beans on one side and Jacob's andouille sausage on the other