1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to the 1898 Red Bud Bed and Breakfast a beautifully restored turn-of-the century home.
We are just a short drive to downtown Lexington, horse farms, vineyards, Keeneland, and historic sites such as Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill. Located in the heart of the “Garden Area” of central Kentucky, in the quaint village of Wilmore, home of Asbury University and Seminary. Whether you enjoy a relaxing stroll over an acre of gardens and native Kentucky trees or just spend an evening taking in the stars, You are sure to enjoy a relaxing stay in your small town home-away-from home.
1898 Red Bud B & B features two lovingly restored rooms. Each large room includes a private bath and cable TV. Start each morning with a full home cooked breakfast on our expansive veranda. Our guest areas also include an inviting parlor and breakfast room. Free WIFI throughout the property.
1898 Red Bud Bed & Breakfast
600 N Lexington Ave
Wilmore, Ky 40390
We offer two lovingly restored rooms. Each spacious room is named after the beautiful, original, hardwood floors uncovered during renovations.
The Oak Room
Furnished with period furniture and artwork it’s like taking a step back in time. Full size antique bed. Original private bath with newly restored cast iron tub and sink. $70—$80
The Poplar Room
Unique floors in various shades of green unlike any you have seen before. Queen size bed. Private bath with shower. $75 - $85
Breakfast Room and Veranda
You may choose to sip your morning coffee listening to the birds sing on the veranda or catch up on emails with our free wifi while eating your home made breakfast in the breakfast room.
We serve a full gourmet breakfast with something new each day!
Located in the heart of the Kentucky Bluegrass, Wilmore is a charming place to visit during every season of the year.
- Fall • Tour our scenic roads and marvel at the splendid fall foliage. Join us for the annual Wilmore Arts & Crafts Festival and enjoy demonstrations by artisans, hand-crafted items, fine art, photography, entertainment and sidewalk food vendors. Celebrate Veterans Day with the community and residents of the Thomson-Hood Veterans Center.
- Winter • Experience an Old Fashioned Musical Christmas Celebration with the lighting of the town Christmas tree, bands and choirs performing music of the season, a nativity scene, along with special lighting and ornaments.
- Spring • Plan a picnic and walk or drive along the Harrodsburg Road (U.S. 68) by the Palisades and enjoy the rare and delicate wild flowers growing in profusion. Bring your camera for some unforgettable photographic opportunities as you travel along U.S. 68, which is designated a Kentucky Scenic Byway.
- Summer • Attend the Festival of the Fourth (July) with a colorful parade, crafts show, musical , events and outdoor drama. Or join us on the Downtown Green for the Stonebridge concert series on Saturday nights. Concerts are open to the public and begin at 7:00 pm throughout the summer months.
- Attractions > Keeneland, Kentucky Horse Park, Shaker Village, Wineries, Bourbon Trail, Camp Nelson Civil War Park, Historic Homes, Historic Downtown Lexington and many more attractions are just a short drive away.