Victorian House Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Victorian House has new owners! You will be able to book your stay with us starting on the 1st of November. We hope to see you soon!
A Sense of History
The Victorian House welcomes you to a unique overnight experience in Smiths Grove, Kentucky. This solid brick 3 story home, built in 1875, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Situated on Main Street, in the heart of the Smiths Grove Historic and Antique district, this home Retains the graciousness and grandeur of the Victorian era. Original heart pine plank flooring and carpet is throughout the home. Every room has been carefully restored and is furnished in beautiful period antiques.
A Sense of Elegance
When you stay at the Victorian House you will be pampered with Southern Hospitality, treats and great food. Rest and relax in your spacious guest room, out on the front wrap-around porch, or you can wander the two acres of mature trees and gardens that surround the house. Your hosts, Steve and Kathy Roney want you to enjoy the elegance of this home and want your stay to be an experience you will never forget.
The Victorian House has been featured in Kentucky Monthly and Kentucky Living Magazine as the perfect "romantic getaway", as a feature story in the Park City Daily News and on WBKO Channel 13. It was also voted as the "Best B & B in Warren County Smiths Grove is a quiet farming town and an antique lovers paradise, with 5 shops that are within easy walking distance. Railroad buffs love the trains that come through town. Numerous antique malls are in nearby towns.
Other area attractions abound and are easily accessible. The Victorian House is less than 1 mile from Interstate 65, exit 38. It is centrally located between Mammoth Cave National Park, which is just 12 miles away, while Cave City, Park City, Bowling Green, Glasgow and Barren River Lake, are less than 15 minutes away. The Corvette Plant and National Corvette Museum is just 9 miles away. A quick 1 hour trip gets you to Nashville and 1 1/2 hours to Louisville.
Victorian House Bed & Breakfast is the perfect place for your dream wedding. Take a step back in time to a more romantic era by having your special wedding at our historic 1870's mansion. The theme for our inn is "Gone with the Wind" and pictures and memorabilia can be seem throughout the home. We offer different packages from just room rental to providing everything you need, including an overnight stay for some of your wedding party.
The cast iron fountain provides a welcome sight and sound while sitting on the porch and relaxing. Innkeepers Steve & Kathy hope that you come to spend some time with us.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Steve and Kathy Roney for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most of our guests stay here because we have convenient access to I-65, Mammoth Cave National Park, the Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant in Bowling Green and they stay for special occasions such as anniversaries and birthdays and a romantic getaway. We are also a little over an hour from attractions at Louisville and Nashville.
What are you best known for?
I think what makes us unique and best known for is that we are Christian owners, put customers first and we have the unique opportunity, and privilege, to brighten someone’s day.
What makes your inn unique?
Our Inn’s theme is” Gone with The Wind” and all guest rooms are named after the main characters. All of these elements together, combine to make for a very memorable stay. It may even be the highlight of your trip.
What do you love most about your inn?
We love the renovated historic home with antique furnishings, comfortable rooms and the outside gardens and fountain. This a wonderful area to walk or bike in.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
It is a quiet rural farm community that has a historic main street with antique shops and close by attractions. Our Inn complements the town, as it is a restful place to visit, has a wraparound porch to sit and listen to the crickets while looking at the fountain in the yard. We also have a beautiful rock garden to sit in.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The best compliment that we receive is “This is the best B & B we have ever stayed at!” THAT makes it ALL worthwhile.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
We are only 9 miles to Mammoth Cave NP and only 10 miles to Bowling where the Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant and Western Kentucky University are located.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
After they check in we would give you a tour of the historic home and then if they have time, sit on the front porch before taking a 10 minute drive to Bowling Green for dinner in one of the many unique restaurants in the downtown historic district. The first full day (or two) could be spent at Mammoth Cave NP taking a cave tour or two, canoeing on the Green River, driving through and hiking in the 40,000 acre national park, zip lining and/or horseback riding. The second day spent in Bowling Green touring the Corvette Assembly Plant, The National Corvette Museum, Lost River Cave, Shakertown and the evening spent attending either a SKYPAC performance or Hot Rods minor baseball league game. The third day could be spent in Louisville at or Nashville which are only about an hour to an hour and one half away, or you could spend a day relaxing at our place and walking to the antique shops.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
There are numerous Antique Shops and Flavor Isle and Sol Azteca Restraurants
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Mariah’s Restaurant, in downtown Bowling Green, offers a wide selection of American, Cajun and Kentucky's dishes, all at a reasonable price.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Go online and visit the Mammoth Cave, Corvette Museum, Lost River Cave and/or the Bowling Green/Warren County Tourism site. Remember, for Mammoth Cave tours, advance tickets are recommended, as tours can frequently fill up.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have four total: four guest rooms on the second floor. All with private baths and central heat/air.
Do you accept pets?
We do not accept pets, but can make arrangements for those who need to board their pets.
Special Features & Amenities
- When you arrive fresh baked goods and tea or coffee will be available
- Each morning enjoy a hot breakfast on china & silver in the beautiful dining room
- Sit out on a wrap-around porch and relax
- Take a walk to nearby antique shops
- Original crystal chandeliers
- 12' high ceilings
- Victorian wallpaper
- Solid brick walls and a beautiful split staircase in the entry hall
- Five large, lovely bedrooms
- All bedrooms with private baths
- Large private parking area in the rear for off-street parking
- Victorian House can host small weddings, showers, or just about any activity that you want to make special (Call Kathy to make your next event a memorable one)
- At the Victorian House there are gifts and antiques for sale
- The cast iron fountain provides a welcome sight and sound while sitting on the porch and relaxing
- Innkeepers Steve & Kathy hope that you come to spend some time with us
The aroma a hearty country breakfast will awaken you. Step back in time as you descend the elegant staircase and enter the formal dining room. Soft music, candlelight, fine china and silver will await you. Be ready to enjoy the ultimate dining experience.
The Corvette Museum
- Assembly plant is just 10 minutes away in Bowling Green
- Corvertte owners are pampered with special rates and a large paved private area for parking
- We are centrally located (3/4 mile from I - 65) and convenient to most area attractions
Mammoth Cave National Park
- Just 15 minutes away
- Canoeing in the beautiful pristine Green River that runs through the park
- There is a New Visitors Center, Cave tours and miles of Hiking Trails through Kentucky woodlands
- Plenty to do for 1 -3 days
- See Mammoth Cave National Parks website for tour reservations (recommended)
- Ziplines and horseback riding in Cave City adjacent to Mammoth Cave National Park, about 15 minutes away.
Other Nearby Attractions
- National Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant just 10 minutes away (Bowling Green)
- In Bowling Green, about 15 minutes away, are lots of restaurants, shopping mall, large flea market, Capitol Arts Theater, a brand new SKYPAC (performing arts center) and the Bowling Green Hot Rods (new minor league baseball team)
- Diamond Caverns, Horse Cave and the American Karst Museum are about 15 minutes away
- Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green is just minutes away
- Nearby Shakertown & Historical Hobson House
- Smiths Grove Antique Shops
Amenities & Policies
When you come to the Victorian House, you will not only be pampered, but you will take a step back in time, to the days of a more romantic era, as depicted in the movie, Gone With the Wind.
- Very private
- Large windows
- Private baths
- Cable TV
- Central heat and air
- Original heart pine flooring and each is furnished in beautiful antiques
- Additional amenities include a small refrigerator with bottled waters in the common area
- High speed wireless internet
- Some rooms with flat screen TV and DVD player available
- $99-$139, plus 6% State Sales Tax
- 6% County Room Tax
- 1% State Lodging Tax
- Prices are for double occupancy and include a hearty country breakfast
- An additional person is $20 extra
- Anniversary and Special Occasion, extended stay as well as other packages available
- Bottled waters are available from the guest room refrigerator
- Tea or coffee available anytime on request
- AAA three diamond rating
- We also offer a 10% discount to AAA members, Senior Citizens, Corvette owners and the Military
- Reservations can be made by phone, or online by clicking on "check availability" above
- On Special Event weekends, you are required to rent guest rooms for the entire weekend
- Must be guaranteed with a credit card or check
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express credit cards and personal checks are accepted
- Breakfast is served at 8:30 am (CST), unless prior arrangements are made
- Check-in: Between 3pm and 9 pm (CST)
- Check-out: 11 am (CST), unless prior arrangements are made
- Children age 12 and over are welcome
- Pets are not permitted
- Smoking on the front porch only
- Unless given 48 hours advance notice of cancellation your credit card will be charged for one nights stay for each room reserved
- For Special Event weekends, a 7 day notice for cancellations
- Please notify us as soon as possible if a change to your reservation or a cancellation becomes necessary