Table Of Contents
Come, Enjoy and Experience.
A Sense of History
This solid brick 3 story home, built in 1875, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Situated on Main Street, in the heart of the Smiths Grove Historic and Antique district, this home Retains the graciousness and grandeur of the Victorian era. Original heart pine plank flooring and carpet is throughout the home. Every room has been carefully restored and is furnished in beautiful period antiques.
A Sense of Elegance
When you stay at the Victorian House you will be pampered with Southern Hospitality, treats and great food. Rest and relax in your spacious guest room, out on the front wrap-around porch, or you can wander the two acres of mature trees and gardens that surround the house. Your hosts, Sharon and Dave Dahle want you to enjoy the elegance of this home and want your stay to be an experience you will never forget.
The Victorian House has been featured in Kentucky Monthly and Kentucky Living Magazine as the perfect "romantic getaway", as a feature story in the Park City Daily News and on WBKO Channel 13. It was also voted as the "Best B & B in Warren County".
Smiths Grove is a quiet farming town and an antique lovers paradise, with 5 shops that are within easy walking distance. Railroad buffs love the trains that come through town. Numerous antique malls are in nearby towns.
Other area attractions abound and are easily accessible. The Victorian House is less than 1 mile from Interstate 65, exit 38. It is centrally located between Mammoth Cave National Park, which is just 12 miles away, while Cave City, Park City, Bowling Green, Glasgow and Barren River Lake, are less than 15 minutes away. The Corvette Plant and National Corvette Museum is just 9 miles away. A quick 1 hour trip gets you to Nashville and 1 1/2 hours to Louisville.
Victorian House Bed & Breakfast is the perfect place for your dream wedding.
Take a step back in time to a more romantic era by having your special wedding at our historic 1870's mansion. The theme for our inn is "Gone with the Wind" and pictures and memorabilia can be seem throughout the home. We offer different packages from just room rental to providing everything you need, including an overnight stay for some of your wedding party.
Special Features & amenities
- When you arrive fresh baked goods and tea or coffee will be available
- Each morning enjoy a hot breakfast on china & silver in the beautiful dining room.
- Sit out on a wrap-around porch and relax or take a walk to nearby antique shops.
- Original crystal chandeliers, 12' high ceilings, Victorian wallpaper, solid brick walls and a beautiful split staircase in the entry hall
- Five large, lovely bedrooms. All with private baths.
- Large private parking area in the rear for off-street parking
Victorian House can host small weddings, showers, or just about any activity that you want to make special. Call Sharon to make your next event a memorable one.
At the Victorian House there are gifts and antiques for sale.
The cast iron fountain provides a welcome sight and sound while sitting on the porch and relaxing.
Innkeepers Dave & Sharon hope that you come to spend some time with us.
The aroma a hearty country breakfast will awaken you. Step back in time as you descend the elegant staircase and enter the formal dining room. Soft music, candlelight, fine china and silver will await you.
Be ready to enjoy the ultimate dining experience.
The corvette museum and assembly plant is just 10 minutes away in Bowling Green. Corvertte owners are pampered with special rates and a large paved private area for parking.
We are centrally located (3/4 mile from I - 65) and convenient to most area attractions!
- Mammoth Cave National Park is just 20 minutes away. Canoe the beautiful pristine Green River that runs through the park. There is a New Visitors Center, Cave tours and miles of Hiking Trails through Kentucky woodlands. Plenty to do for 1 -3 days. See Mammoth Cave National Parks website for tour reservations (recommended).
- National Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant is just 10 minutes away (Bowling Green).
- Diamond Caverns, Horse Cave and the American Karst Museum are about 15 minutes away
- Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green is just minutes away.
- Nearby Shakertown & Historical Hobson House
- In Bowling Green, about 15 minutes away, are lots of restaurants, shopping mall, large flea market, Capitol Arts Theater, a brand new SKYPAC (performing arts center) and the Bowling Green Hot Rods (new minor league baseball team).
- Ziplines and horseback riding in Cave City adjacent to Mammoth Cave National Park, about 15 minutes away.
- Smiths Grove Antique Shops