First Farm Inn
Really Learn to RidePrice from: $453
Learn to ride in Kentucky's horse country. At First Farm Inn you'll learn how to communicate with your trusty equine friend and convince all 1,000+ pounds of him to do what you want. Then we ride over the hills and through the woods keeping an eye out for other wild and domesticated creatures. Rides generally only include up to five riders and one or two instructors. After you make your horse comfortable, you can stretch out and watch the sun set from the outdoor hot tub. Wake up smelling the delicious all-you-can-eat breakfast. Then take the horses out again and practice the new skills your body has integrated during the night.
Two midweek nights with breakfast, use of the hot tub, two horseback rides for each of you are only $453 in the 1870s room, $470 in the Treetops room. Weekends $472 in the 1870s room, $490 in the Treetops room.
Midweek Multiday Discounts at First Farm InnPrice from: $235
- Two nights $235 1870s room, $255 Treetops.
- Two midweek nights with one horseback ride for two $343 and $360.
- Three nights $345 and $360.
- Three midweek nights with one horseback ride for two $450 and $468.
- Four nights $448 and $468.
- Four midweek nights with horseback riding for two $549 and $576.
(Valid Sun.-Thurs. not including holidays)
Weekend Relaxation EscapeAvailable dates:Price from: $252
If you can only get away for one or two nights, spend it at First Farm Inn. Enjoy a horseback ride over the hills and through the woods, getting acquainted with the diverse assortment of friendly horses at First Farm Inn. Then stretch out on the massage table for an hour each. Watch the sun set from the outdoor spa. Wake up smelling the homemade breakfast prepared just for you. Prices depending on which room you choose, how many rides, how many massages and which discounted tickets to ski at Perfect North, visit the Cincinnati Museum Center, the Cincinnati Zoo, or take a riverboat dinner cruise.
Ride with the KidsPrice from: $567
- Two nights with one horseback ride for four $567
- Two nights with two horseback rides for four $765
- Three nights with one horseback ride for four $702
- Three nights with two horseback rides for four $891
Riding can be a magical experience for kids. Learning to control a 900-1,300 pound animal and sitting nearly 6 feet off the ground can be a real thrill. Evaluate your child's maturity level carefully when you schedule riding. We've had 12-year-olds who had extreme difficulty while mature five-year-olds did well on their own horse with a lead-line held by the instructor staying with the rest of the group on the trails. Younger kids don't have the balance and control of their own bodies yet to ride by themselves.
A respect for animals, good listening skills and a significant attention span are necessary to enjoy the riding experience. Our dog and kitties are very child-friendly as well.
Horse Around With the Girls Weekend
Get a group of girlfriends, sisters, cousins, bridesmaids or a combination together and come to First Farm Inn for a country escape weekend. Arrive Friday afternoon or evening and rock on porch or sit by the fire and catch up on the girlfriend news. Wake to a tasty homemade breakfast, then head out to the barn to ride the horses. Visit in the outdoor hot tub with your favorite beverages. Sunday morning will bring another great breakfast. $163 per person for 3 to 6 people.
Last Minute LuckAvailable dates:
Try your luck at a last minute reservation. Call within 24 hours of the date you can get away and book a spectacular room at First Farm Inn for $108 or $117 per night. Mention this special BEFORE you book to take advantage of it. It is not retroactive. (Additional charge for use of second bed.) Horseback riding, massages, lift tickets are extra. This includes the same great breakfasts, use of the outdoor hot tub, sitting by the fire, tips on fun things to do, etc. It's very rare for us to have weekend availability at the last minute, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday nights are your best bet, but give us a call and see.
Gardener's Getaway InspirationAvailable dates:Price from: $235
- Two midweek (Sunday-Thursday) nights including a full, all-you-can-eat breakfast for two $235 in the 1870s room, $255 in the upstairs Treetops room. Add horseback riding if you’d like!
- Three midweek nights are $345 or $360.
- Four midweek nights are $448 or $468
Spring will be even more spectacular at First Farm Inn in 2013 with the renovation of the garage garden, the growth of the Cool Blue Garden, addition of the Primrose Path throught the woods and hundreds of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocus blooming. While 100s of daffodils have always surrounded the house and yards, we’ve divided them and planted LOTS of new varieties and interesting colors and textures of plants in the yards around the house to create an even showier display.
Need an early spring fix? Breathe in the flowers at Eden Park’s Conservatory – and take time to enjoy the dessert wing, rainforest wing, orchid room and bonsai room. Use one of those first sunny days to explore Boone County’s Arboretum. Take a walk around the incredible Spring Hill Cemetery.
Mommy & Me Animal Lovers FunPrice from: $117
- One weekend night $117
- Two weekend nights $216
- Two midweek nights $207
- Three midweek nights $300
- Riding & tickets are additional
Your little one (5-15) who loves animals will really enjoy staying with us. If you’d like to create a great memory, toss some weather-appropriate clothes in the car and getaway with us. The Serenity Retreat room has lots of great read-aloud books and poems, its own TV/dvd player and fridge. Downstairs is the big game cabinet and a huge collection of dvds and videos, as well as lots of friendly kitties. Odo is always ready to play soccer. The horses wait in the barn to take you on a ride. We have sleds when there’s snow on the ground and discounted tickets to Perfect North, the Museum Center, The Cincinnati Zoo and more.
- Two midweek days for $180
- Three midweek days for $255
- Four midweek days for $320
Ideal for business travelers, each room at First Farm Inn has plenty of work space and access to multiple phone lines. Convenient to the low-traffic side of the city, a stay at First Farm Inn will enhance your business productivity by getting you out of your usual stressful environment.
Invite your business associates to come to you. Hold your meetings at the inn over a bountiful breakfast or brunch.
If you're traveling under a per diem or on a long-term arrangement, let us know and we'll work out a special arrangement for you.
Looking for a peaceful get-a-way alone? Here are some great deals for you to visit First Farm Inn Kentucky’s bed and breakfast for people and horses. Breakfast, use of the hot tub, rocking on the porch, snuggling with kitties, sitting by the fire are all included. Indulge yourself with a horseback ride ($65).
(Valid November-April; Sun.-Thurs. Not Including Holidays.)T
One-Day Relaxation Escape
- One weekend or holiday night with breakfast, use of the hot tub, horseback ride, downstairs $245, upstairs $236.
- One night, Sun.-Thurs. including breakfast, use of the hot tub and ride, downstairs $227, upstairs $235.(plus tax)
If the two of you can only get away for one night, spend it relaxing and catching up at First Farm Inn. Enjoy a ride over the hills and through the woods, getting acquainted with the diverse assortment of friendly horses at First Farm Inn.
Then stretch out, enjoying the restorative effects and wonderful scents and sounds. Watch the sun set from the outdoor spa. Wake up smelling the homemade breakfast prepared just for you.
Relaxing Budget Country Getaway for Two
- Arrive at 3 p.m. Sun, Mon or Tues., to spend three nights at First Farm Inn (three nights with one horseback ride for two $423 and $468 --before taxes).
- Wake to a big breakfast, then head to the barn for a ride.
- Have a late lunch or early dinner at Acapulco's Mexican Restaurant ($15-20 including tip, additional for drinks).
- Come back to sit in the outdoor hot tub with your favorite drinks you've brought with you. (Go to the casinos if you feel lucky or want nightlife.)
- Wake to another big breakfast.
- Ride again if you'd like. ($55 per person)
- Head to Cincinnati to enjoy the Art Museum (now free admission) in Eden Park, then drive past Mirror Lake and spend a couple hours admiring orchids, bonsai and the myriad of plants at the Conservatory, (also free) part of the local parks system.
- Stop in at one of our local grocery delis -- Kroger or Remkes and pick up picnic foods ($8-20 everything from fried chicken to sushi) to enjoy around the patio table, on the porch or take your picnic to a park. (You can also bring a picnic from home, there's a fridge in the room.)
- On Thursday nights in the summer, visit the Lawrenceburg riverfront or the park in Burlington for free concerts.
- Drive down to Rabbit Hash, loop over to tour Dinsmore Homestead then on to Big Bone Lick State Park (free) to hike the trails, see the buffalo and visit the museum. On your way back to First Farm Inn, stop in at Indigo's just off the Dixie Highway exit of I-71-75 for a fabulous calzone, pizza, pasta or salad ($20-$40).
- Head to Cincinnati to enjoy the Zoo ($12-$15 per person plus food).
Yes, you can take a fun, active four-day three-night vacation for under $500 without spending hundreds of dollars in gas!
Fur Therapy Escape
Love animals? Visit with friendly cats, dog and horses
Rescued cats, dog and horses offer unlimited "fur therapy" at First Farm Inn. Often described as "the friendliest animals I've ever met" out critters love attention. Revel in cat snuggles. Take a walk. Groom a horse. Sit in the barn and watch the animals interact.
Can't stand leaving Fido behind during your get-away? If he or she has good manners and fits in comfortably with other animals, bring him along for the same additional charge as a child.
Plan a Private Retreat
- Weekends one night $99
- Two weekend nights $178
- Two midweek nights $171
- Three midweek nights $243
- Four midweek nights $306
Ready to get away alone? Write, read, rest up, eat cookies, sip wine or hot tea and escape the everyday stresses of your life in this cozy second floor room. Create some space just for you. Get out your journal. Re-evaluate your goals. Get away from it all in our peaceful country home so you can return to your busy life with a fresh perspective. This bright cheerful room has Art Deco furniture, original art, lots of pillows, good reading lights, chairs you can curl up in or stretch out, inspirational books and videos, TV with DVD, free wifi and more.
Unlike our big rooms, the Serenity Retreat has a full-sized bed and a shared bath – still accessible from inside the room. We’ve taken that into consideration and priced this room to be affordable for singles vacationing on a budget. Like our other rooms, mid-week, multiday stays are significantly discounted. The outdoor hot tub, which is hot year-round, has a spotlight bright enough to read by. Under the big maple out front, our hammock chair has a leg rest and a drink holder.
Country Renewal Escape
Clear your head, set your goals
Get away -- call First Farm Inn, book as many nights as you can get away. Pack your swimsuit, ski clothes, jeans to ride, jump in your car, and get out of town. Break out of your routine. Ride a horse. Ski at Perfect North. Steam away frustrations in the outdoor hot tub. Veg with a movie from the First Farm Inn library. Corkscrew, fridge, and big healthy breakfasts will help you refresh alone or with a significant other. Recommendations for convenient area restaurants, attractions and shopping.
Rockin' Reader Package
- Two midweek days for $225 or $243
- Three midweek days for $333 or $360
- Four midweek days for $441 or $468
Porch rockers, a hammock, a recycled teak swinging bench, porch swing, glider, hammock chair chose your spot under our 200+ year-old-trees and bring your books. Ravenpaw, BJ, Monkey, Sara, Tig and Squeaker will check regularly to see if you need company. The supply of lemonade and tea is plentiful. Or, sit in the hot tub and read, day or night. You can come anytime, but Sunday through Thursday are quieter.