First Farm Inn
The Treetops Guest Room
Watch the stars come out as you relax on the queen-sized bed in this spacious room with private bath. Traveling with friends or family? The daybed and trundle add two single beds to the sleeping space in this room. And the big, two-room bath gives lots of privacy.
Our Treetops Room's impressive size comes from its original design to house three of the Stevens brothers who each were responsible for a different species of animals: cattle, sheep and hogs. The family emigrated here from Germany and built the house in 1870.
To the east is the big barn designed for cows where the horses usually loaf on hot days. The small barn was for pigs. The sheep barn, which is no longer standing, could be seen from the west window in this room.
Previous owners added the cathedral ceiling. Jen's great grandparents, whose photos are on the livingroom wall, originally owned the antique oak bed and washstand. We've been told the oversized bath was among the first indoor plumbing in the county.
The 1870s Room
Your spacious room with private bath includes an electronic fireplace and queen-sized bed with pillow topper. First Farm Inn's 1870s Room has tall windows overlooking the neighbor's pasture, a matching antique oak bedroom set that has been in Jen's family for four generations, and quilts made by our great grandmothers.
- Single night rates for two guests sharing a room are $144 for the 1870's room and $162 for the Treetops room plus local and state taxes. That includes a bountiful, homemade, all-you can eat breakfast served hot and fresh each morning.
- Well-mannered, responsibly supervised children over the age of 5 and other guests sharing your room are $30 additional.
- Check in time is usually after 3 p.m. Checkout time is 11 a.m. Early check-in is an additional $50.
- Cancellations: If you cancel your reservation more than two weeks in advance, you will be charged $50. If the cancellation is made less than two weeks before the reservation date, you will be charged the full amount unless the room is rebooked for the dates we had held for you. If we are able to rebook, we will refund your payment less $50 and applicable credit card fees.
- Please call 859-586-0199 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our insurance doesn't allow indoor smoking.
Take advantage of our discounts for staying more than one night. (Whether or not you enter the code, we'l charge you the discounted rate.) Enter these codes into the reservation form:
- 2 weekend-two weekend nights
- 2 mid- two midweek nights, starting Sun.-Wed.
- 3 mid-three midweek nights, starting Sun.-Tues.
- 4 mid- four midweek nights, starting Sun.-Mon.
Because additional people need breakfast and use additional towels and linens, there is a nightly charge of $30 for friends or relatives sharing the room with you.
Please indicate if you would like to ride horses so we can include that in our scheduling. You may ride as many times as you like for $55 per person for a two-hour ride. If you are the only rider, it's $60.