Hall Place Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Hall Place Bed & Breakfast is an 1852 pre-civil war house in Glasgow, Kentucky. The home was built as a dowry for Theodosia Tompkins who wed Dr. James Hall. Hall Place is registered with the National Register of Historic Places, and is located in the historic downtown district on Green Street; within walking distance to shops and restaurants. The home boasts high ceilings, four spacious guest rooms, private baths, parlor, library, billiards/game room, and beautiful gardens; great for a romantic getaway or special occasion. We serve a full breakfast in the morning, you won't go away hungry!
If you are planning a wedding, family reunion, anniversary, a bridal or baby shower, graduation, company meeting, or other private engagement, we can meet your needs in our spacious home. Book your party now, we can accommodate up to two hundred guests. For your comfort, we have graciously-sized rooms available for a nights stay too.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Karin & Gary Carroll for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Mammoth Cave National Park and business travelers (Doctors and Exec. with the local car parts industry and pharmecuetical).
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Abraham Lincoln stayed here, a relative of Theodosia Tompkins Hall. Civil War Union headquarters here for Glasgow....and my unique connection with both the home and Lincoln.
Historic and lots of books and antiques.
The sturdiness of the home after 160 years! Great town, #1 Place to live in Rural America 2007, Top 100 Cities for Youth 2012, 2011.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Mammoth Cave National Park
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
It's like staying at Williamsburg, instead of looking at the Historic Home we get to sleep in it too. Over and over our guests tell us how wonderful we are, that is the highest compliment! We love our guests!
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
South Central Kentucky Cultural Center, Museum of the Barrens
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Plenty to do, restaurants, shoppes in the downtown 1 blk. away, antiques, music, farmer's market Saturday's.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Little Taste of Texas, Gondolier, and Garcia's Grill.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Four here and six at a second location just 3 small blocks away (Main Street Bed & Breakfast)
Do you accept pets?
No pets, sorry.
- Children acceptable
- Business friendly: wireless internet, fax
- Cable TV
- Full breakfast
- BBAK gift certificates accepted
Weddings & Special Events
Hall Place offers you a peaceful atmosphere for your special occasion. If you are a bride looking for the pictures of a lifetime, whether coming down our elegant stairway, or saying your vows in the parlor or romantic gardens, Hall Place is a bride's dream.
Barren County's privately owned facilities include a country club, four golf courses, a swimming pool, a skating rink, bowling lanes, and an indoor theater.
Glasgow has more than 40 clubs, organizations and community groups. They include Little League, Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis, business and professional women's clubs, and a YMCA.
- Mammoth Caves
- Lincoln's birthplace
- Barren River Park
- Nashville or Louisville 1 ½ hours away
- Kentucky Kingdom 1 ½ hours away
- RV/Boat parking
- Sporting activities
- Highland Games
Mammoth Cave National Park
- The park includes the world's longest cave, with more than 300 miles of mapped passageways. The caves were first explored by Indians thousands of years ago. The caves served as a vital source during the war of 1812. Cave tours have been conducted for 150 years, and today are offered daily, except Christmas. Mammoth Cave National Park also includes 30 miles of rugged trails, 52,000 acres of hardwood forests, camping, canoeing, fishing, and picnicking.
Barren River Lake Resort Park
- The park located on U.S. Highway 31E, includes 51 lakeview rooms, 22 cottages, an 18 hole golf course, a full-service marina, horseback riding, bike trails, tennis courts, and a campground. The 10,000-acre lake includes a public sand beach.
The Glasgow Recreation Department
- The department operates five parks and sponsors leagues in all major sports. In addition, the City of Glasgow owns and operates the historic Plaza Theatre with a variety of performances. Glasgow is also home to the South Central Kentucky Cultural Center.