The Grand Anne Bed & Breakfast
Spacious and Romantic Third-Floor Suite with Dramatic Views of the Mississippi River
The newest addition to the Grand Anne is the third floor Tower Suite. Furnished with a gorgeous antique art deco bedroom set, both the cupola bedroom and sitting room offer the most dramatic views of the Mississippi River and the historic homes along Grand Avenue. The luxury marble bath with two-person Jacuzzi tub and separate oversized shower makes this suite the perfect choice for honeymoons, anniversaries or other special occasions.
The Tower Suite was originally part of a very large playroom for C.R. Joy (original owner’s) children that was later used by Judge Huiskamp (subsequent owner) for practicing his golf swing (as evidenced by the impressions in the door leading to the suite from the adjacent billiard and game room).
Huge Second-Floor Suite Overlooking Grand Avenue and the Mississippi River
This huge second-floor suite’s tower bedroom and adjoining sitting room both look out across Grand Avenue to spectacular views of the Mississippi River. The suite includes a turret bedroom, incredible Louis XVI mid-19th century mahogany bedroom set, fabulous Capodimonte antique Italian lamps, library and attached private bath with shower.
William Logan Huiskamp, a district judge in the area, and his wife Nadine occupied this suite for 28 years beginning in 1950 and left behind several personal items, including some special golf clubs.
The Original Master Suite with Magnificent Eastlake Style Walnut Bedroom Set
This second-floor spacious room is furnished in Eastlake style with a magnificent queen-size walnut bed with eight-foot headboard, matching dresser, table and chairs and original marble top sink. A spacious private bath with tub/shower is attached.
Clyde’s Retreat was the original master bedroom when the home was built in 1897 for Clyde Royal Joy, one-time controlling stockholder of two local businesses and national director of the YMCA, who lived here for the next 45 years. Mr. Joy left his portrait hanging outside in the hall.
Originally the Maid’s Quarters, This Three-Room Suite is Tucked into the Eaves on the Third Floor
This suite is tucked into the eaves on the third floor and features a large bedchamber with queen-size antique brass bed and sitting area, private bath with original clawfoot tub/shower and separate sitting/TV room.
Rose’s Room is the original maid’s quarters and is adjacent to the large billiard and game room. For those who might want to experience a taste of Rose’s life, she left her sweeper just outside the door.
Cozy Second-Floor French Suite Overlooking the Park-like Grounds
This second-floor cozy country French bedroom features an expansive view of the park-like grounds from the bay window and includes a gorgeous 19th century queen-size antique bed with matching wardrobe and end tables, a cozy loveseat, Capodimonte porcelain lamps, original marble top sink and attached private bath with shower.
Carol’s Lookout is named for Carol Robertson, Clyde Royal Joy’s granddaughter who preferred this room when visiting her grandparents and left a copy of her high school yearbook behind.
- Rates range from $114 to $159.
- All rates are subject to state and city taxes, are based on single or double occupancy and include a four-course gourmet breakfast.
- All rooms feature a queen-size antique bed, private attached bath, cable television and DVD player.
- All rooms, except Carol's Lookout, can accommodate an additional guest on a rollaway for a charge of $25/night (including breakfast).
- Check-in 4 p.m. (other arrangements can be made if needed). Check-out by 11:00 a.m.
- Cash, personal checks and credit cards (VISA, MC, Discover, American Express) are accepted.
- Non-refundable Deposit of 50% of total stay required 3 weeks prior to arrival date for stays of 3 days or less.
- Non-refundable Deposit of 25% of total stay required 3 weeks prior to arrival date for stays of 4 or more days.
- No smoking inside house.
- No pets.
- We are not always able to accommodate children under 12. Check with our innkeeper if you are interested in bringing young children.