The Old Bridge Inn Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Seconds to Louisville, Kentucky, this neoclassical was built by a prominent Jeffersonville family in 1836. The entire house, which has a wood burning fireplace in the parlor, is decorated with antiques and features five beautiful bedrooms, all with private baths and electric fireplaces(two luxury rooms with whirlpools). The Old Bridge Inn can accommodate 18 people. Among the many amenities you will enjoy are a full breakfast served on fine antique china and complimentary beverages in the guest refrigerator.
This historic home is conveniently located next to the Big Four Walking Bridge. The Falls of the Ohio fossil beds are a short drive from the Inn along the river, as well as the Howard Steamboat Museum. The Old Bridge Inn is conveniently located in the heart of Jeffersonville's Historic District, seconds to the interstate (I-65), Louisville, KY and within walking distance of antique shops, restaurants and the Ohio River. This is the oldest building hosting a bed and breakfast in the region and the only bed and breakfast in Jeffersonville that is truly a historic building. It has not been altered by additions since 1898 and has never been gutted. The Old Bridge Inn is truly historic. While modern conveniences like cable television in every room and wireless internet have been added, the integrity of the building has been maintained and remains unaltered.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Linda Williams for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
They appreciate our preservation of this 1836 house and that it looks old, is comfortable and easy travel access to all points. They also say they like my traditional home style cooking!
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are best known for our location and our history.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
We are just across the river from louisville and this smaller city is known for its boat building.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The best compliment we have ever received is the all the repeat guests we have as we have been in business going on 16 years.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The best kept secret is how conveniently located Jeffersonville is. Jeff sits along the Ohio River, across from Louisville but is also located by three major interstates, I 65, I 71 and I 64.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
While at our inn, visit the Howard Steamboat Museum, the Falls of the Ohio State park and attend the Derby Dinner Playhouse!
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are located within walking distance of shops, restaurants and the river walk as well as the big hour station. And big four bridge adjacent to the inn which takes people across the river into louisville and is 1 1/4 miles long.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
The Come Back Inn is our recommendation.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Our website gives lots of information on what to do and where to go.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have 5 guest rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We are pet friendly with advance notice (we like to be asked as we do have rules).
- Ample Parking
- Full Breakfast
- Guest Computer Available
- Central Heat & Air
- In room TV & radio
- Private baths
- Landscaped Gardens
Weddings and Honeymoons
Celebrate your special day and have an intimate wedding ceremony in the parlor.
Within 5 minutes
- Actors Theater
- Belle of Louisville Steamboat
- Spirit of Jefferson Steamboat
- Commonwealth Convention Center
- Falls of the Ohio
- Howard Steamboat Museum
- Kentucky Center of the Arts
- Louisville Ballet
- Louisville Orchestra
- Louisville Palace
- Louisville Riverboatts
- Louisville Slugger Museum
- Star of Louisville Cruise Ship
- The Gardens of Louisville
Within 15 minutes
- Churchill Downs
- Kentucky Derby Museum
- Louisville Zoo
- Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center
- Speed Art Museum
- University of Louisville
- Bellarmine College
How to Find Us
From Indianapolis or anywhere South on I-65
- Going Southbound on I-65 towards Louisville
- You will take the very last exit before crossing over the bridge, Exit 0
- When you come off the exit you will need to get over in the left hand lane at the stop sign and turn left onto Southern Indiana Avenue
- Go one block to the river, and turn left onto Riverside Drive
- Go approximately four blocks to Pearl Street and turn left again
- Go up two blocks to Chestnut Street
- You are here!
From Louisville, Or Anywhere Going North on I-65
- Come through Louisville on I-65 North and when you get on the bridge, merge into the right lane, so you may take the very first exit from the bridge, which is exit 0
- Turn right off the exit onto Court Avenue
- Go three blocks to the red light at Pearl Street and turn right again
- Go two blocks and turn left in front of the Inn
- The Inn sits on the corner of Pearl and Chestnut Streets