At Home in the Woods Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
At Home in the Woods Bed and Breakfast in Chesterton, Indiana is where you'll find a restful stay in our Neck of the Woods! Relax poolside under the sun or soak in the spa with a refreshing beverage. Stroll the nature trails of our 4 acre wood. There you'll find several gardens, a sanctioned wetland, and fruit on vines just waiting to be picked and eaten along the way. Take a swing in the company of playing songbirds and grazing deer. Indulge yourself in a guilt free nap under the cherry tree on our over-sized hammock while serenaded by house wrens. Experience Northwest Indiana Lodging and hospitality at its best!
Come join us and stay the weekend in one of our three national park rooms. Each getaway features a private bath with an extra large whirlpool or shower experience, fireplace, and king/queen beds draped in luxurious linens. Of course, room essentials are stocked, including thick spa robes, hairdryer, lotions/soaps, iron, DVD, alarm clock and wireless internet.
2012 R.O.S.E. Award winner for Recognition Of
Service Excellence Lodging Location of the Year
Thank you to all of our guests!!
Our bed and breakfast in Chesterton, Indiana is 45 minutes from downtown Chicago and only 10 minutes from the beautiful Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore and Indiana Dunes State Park where you can hike, bird watch, swim, or stroll along the shoreline. We are also 10 minutes from Valparaiso University and 45 minutes from Notre Dame University. Just around the corner you can go biking, antiquing, wine tasting, shopping in Michigan City, enjoy theater, dine at fine restaurants, and entertainment at the Blue Chip casino in Michigan City and Four Winds casino in New Buffalo. The list goes on and on. Just ask us and we will help guide you; it is our pleasure!
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Scott and Victoria for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Lake Michigan, anniversaries.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Secluded, nature, near beach. Rustic decor, in the woods, fabulous breakfast. Small, gorgeous property, surrounded by woods.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Near Chicago, Lake Michigan.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
From well-seasoned travelers - we have the best B & B
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Large selection of quality independent dining.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Visit Chicago, Lake Michigan Dunes beach and trails, wineries, relax in hot tub or pool.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference? How many rooms does your inn have?
Do you accept pets?
No, pets arc of the dunes animal hospital is available for guests with pets.
Welcome to Our Home in the Woods
Come join us at our Bed and Breakfast in Chesterton, Indiana and stay the weekend In one of our three national park rooms.
- Private baths - whirlpool tubs or steam shower
- Hot tub
- Swimming Pool 28'
- Spa robes and slippers
- Hairdryer, lotions, bath salts
- DVD player, DVD library, alarm clock, CD player
- Wireless internet
- Hot Sauna
- 24 hour beverage/snack station
There are a variety activities to suit many tastes and moods. Indulge in a good book while lounging in our cozy sun-lit great room overlooking the peaceful woods. Birdwatching in Chesterton, Indiana is easy in this room, as well as laughing at our comical squirrel friends. You might find yourself gently swinging after a pleasant nature hike in our four acre wood. Cozy up in front of the wood burning fireplace with a cup of tea and gourmet dessert. Unwind and relax poolside splashing the day away, or floating on a raft soaking up some sun. You may want to sit in the hot sauna or stargaze in the hot tub on the deck under the oak trees. Need some exercise? Try a work-out on the treadmill. Not that much exercise? Try a game of bumper pool. We also have a variety of games or videos available at all times.
In-room relaxation massages are now available.
You can now add this to your weekend package. Call now for a relaxing, stress free experience you will never forget!
At Home in the Woods Bed and Breakfast in Chesterton, Indiana is eco-friendly
- Linens and laundry are all line dried
- We have 2 Tankless Hot water heaters, no wasted energy heating water when not needed
- All food waste is composted in addition to yard waste
- 2 vegatable gardens provide our produce and fresh cutting garden for herbs and flowers
- Rain barrels provide water for container gardens
- We recycle all glass, paper, and aluminium
Breakfast- It is an Event!
Imagine waking up after a restful nights' sleep to the smell of Blueberry bread baking. Your nose will quickly be overworked with so many aromas of Breakfast.
Start the day with a fresh ground cup of coffee; Panamaniean? Huckleberry? or a variety of tea; herbal? chai?
There is nothing like the smell of fresh baked cinnamon bread. We prepare a variety of muffins; orange pecan, cherry cream cheese strussel, lemon yogurt.
In the spring there are fresh raspberries from the garden for a wonderful fruit parfait, or bluebberries from the bush in the summer, and varieties of apples in the fall. The winter calls for baked berry cobblers and crisps.
You will enjoy the gourmet full breakfast served after your restful night.
Read what some of our guests have to say about their stay:
"Never having stayed at a bed and breakfast before we weren't quite sure what to expect. But we have to say it was greater than what we thought. Scott & Victoria have done an excellent job with everything in their home. The rooms were great, had all we needed in our room to make it a comfortable stay. They are very personable and welcoming friends, great to know and be around. Thank you very much for making us so very welcome in your home!" Steve & Jackie
"The warm and gracious hospitality of our hosts made our stay a truly happy and memorable experience. The breakfast was spectacular- a feast for the body and the spirit." Leo and Judy
"Exactly what we needed to escape reality for a weekend. Your place is very relaxing and provided us with a much needed break from the day to day hassles." Ray & Elizabeth
"We've been to a number of B & B's--not many compare to this. You know how to make things very special. Thanks for everything." Angie & Aaron
"Thank you for the wonderful evening and the great breakfast. It was nice to have an evening alone." Gordon & Jamie
"Victoria and Scott were very gracious and wonderful hosts. Made us feel very welcome and at home. Lovely night." Max & Kay
"Scott and Victoria are so friendly and accomodating, we felt right at home! The rooms were comfortable and cozy, the hot tub and sauna were relaxing, and breakfast was delicious! We can't wait to come back!" - Eric & Brooke
"We felt very welcome and at ease at Scott and Victoria's home. The scenery is beautiful, the accomodations comfortable and the food is more than fabulous! We hope to be back again very soon." Barb & Troy
"It was just what we needed- quiet, relaxing, good food and wonderful hosts. We are looking forward to another stay." Bill and Mary Ellen
"Your helpful insights, generosity, kindness, & warmth have made our 1st vacation together very special." Natalie & Dusty
"Victoria & Scott, Thank you for such a wonderful weekend! You were friendly & gracious hosts, and everything was perfect-from the great homemade food down to the cabin-like details of our guest toom. We had a fantastic time & will definitely be back!" Doug & Natalie
"Victoria & Scott- Thanks so much for a wonderful getaway. From the moment we turned down the driveway until leaving we have felt so relaxed. Your home is beautiful. Our room was all we hoped it woud be and much more! You have thought of everything! Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us and making us feel so welcome, we enjoyed chatting with you - We will absolutely be back. Thanks so much." Brian & Jen
"Scott and Victoria pay attention to every detail, whether the facility, the breakfast, or your overall experience. They truly care about you as a guest. The rooms are spotless. Highly recommended." Kenley & Carla
Things To Do
- Porter County 800/283-8687
- Lake County 800/855-5859
- Course at Aberdeen 219/462-5050
- Dunes National Lakeshore—on Lake Michigan 219/926-7561
- Rogers Lakewood—park, lake, disc golf
- Coffee Creek Watershed 219/926-1842
- Sunset Hill Farm County Park 219/465-3586
- Taltree Arboretum & Gardens 219/462-0025
- Deep River Water Park 800/947-7850
- Splash Down Dunes Water Park 800/947-7850
- 49’er Drive-In Theater 219/462-6122
- Southlake Stables—horseback riding 219/663-3322
- Four Seasons Equestrian Ctr—horseback riding) 219/663-5968
- Forest Park Golf Course—18-hole municipal 219/531-7888
- Creekside Golf Training Ctr—short course 219/531-7888
- The Brassie—18 hole golf course 219/921-1192
- Brauer Museum of Art 219/464-5365
- Chapel of the Resurrection
- Artists’ Den gallery (203 E. Jefferson,Valparaiso) 219/462-3883
- Lifestyles gift & gallery (122 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso) 219/464-9167
- Don Quijote’s Spanish food, wine & gifts (119 E. Lincolnway, Valparaiso) 219/462-7976
- Multiple boutique shops
- Rio’s Country Club indoor virtual golf 219/465-5200
- Valparaiso YMCA 219/462-4185
- Inman’s Bowling & Arcade 219/462-1300
- Stardust Bowling Lanes. 219/942-0432
- Bass Pro Shop 219/787-6817
- Blythe’s Sporting & Shooting/Archery Range 219/462-4412
- Valparaiso University Events
- Chicago Street Theater 219/464-1636
- Memorial Opera House 219/548-9137
- University Theater Valparaiso University 219/464-6950
- Designer’s Club day spa 219/462-1118
- Joseph Bailly Homestead historical (see Dunes Nat. Lakeshore)
- Porter County Jail Museum 219/465-3595
- Indiana Aviation Museum 219/548-3123
- Anderson’s Orchard & Winery 3 min. 219/464-4936
- Hoosier Bat Co.—Sammy Sosa & others rely on HBC 800/228-3787
- Blue Chip Casino Michigan City - 888/879-7711
- Westfield Mall shopping mall Hobart/Merrillville
- Light House Place discount mall Michigan City 219/874-2915
- Market Place multiple shops east LaPorte Ave.Valpo
- Albanese Candy Factory Hobart/Merrillville 800/736-0581
- Fair Oaks Farms Adventure dairy farm Rennselaer 877/536-1194