Harvey House Bed & Breakfast
Acclaimed as an "architectural and design triumph" with hospitality that consistently exceeds expectations, this beautiful brick and limestone Victorian B&B in historical Oak Park awaits you.
Harvey House Bed & Breakfast, a unique, upscale 3-story, 6,000 square foot brick Victorian home, is located in the heart of the historical section in Oak Park, Illinois. The home was totally rebuilt, literally, from the ground up. The level of craftsmanship is rare in today's homes. There are two internet workstations and also the house is enabled for wireless pcs - WIFI."From the moment you first step onto the stone walkway and come face to face with the dignified, red-brick exterior, you realize that you are entering another world. An arch motif, inspired by the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Paris, greets you when walking through the solid mahogany front door."
"Scoville for all Seasons" Wednesday Journal, Jan 15, 2003, HOMEFRONT Section Our Gourmet Chef's Kitchen, formal dining room or the Brussels Belgium stone patio is a perfect spot for breakfast. During the week a deluxe continental breakfast with fresh fruit, breads and yogurts is provided. On weekends a full breakfast is prepared, and we accommodate most diet considerations and preferences.
Each suite has its own distinctive decoration and guests love to explore unoccupied rooms to see where they would like to stay next time. Amenities include:
"As seen in Chicago Magazine" Best Neighborhood Hotels
The common area is a perfect spot for lazy afternoons with a good book and/or music. If you play the piano, a grand piano awaits you. The living room is noted for its fireplace, piano rotunda, book shelves, and a set of French doors leading to the outside patio. Leaded art glass windows and custom-made wood and iron staircase add to the warmth. Enjoy breakfast in the kitchen, the patio, or the formal dining room.
Location, Location, Location
- Off street parking, safe neighborhood and area.
- In the heart of historical district, featuring Frank Lloyd Wright home and studio tours, Ernest Hemingway's museum and walking tour.
- Oak Park Area Convention and Visitors Bureau.
- Walking distance (2 Â½ blocks to the "L" and the metro) providing superb access to downtown Chicago, O'Hare and Midway airports.
- In the heart of the downtown Oak Park area.
- Jogging track and soccer field across the street.
- Swimming Pool with adults only upper sunbathing deck within a block.
- Farmers Market within a block.
- Chicago attractions (just 10 miles away and minutes from Harvey House B&B) include award winning Goodman and Steppenwolf theatres, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra and Lyric Opera House.