Hidden Lake Guest House
Table Of Contents
Welcome to Hidden Lake Guest House located in Jonesboro, Illinois, situated on eight acres of woodsand gardens in the midst of the Shawnee National Forest, along the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail and just moments away from Alto Vineyards, Blue Sky Vineyards, and Russell Hill Winery to name just a few as well as Giant City State Park, the Cache River Wetlands, Little Grand Canyon, Bald Knob Mountain and the Southern Illinois Wine Trail.
At Hidden Lake, you have your choice of three luxury suites, each decorated with a different, yet captivating theme and each offering varied amenities. All of our suites enjoy private, in-suite baths, outside entrances for added privacy and all of the amenities you might need for an extended stay. Each of the Jacuzzi suites incorporate a large, 2-person Jacuzzi bath while all of the suites in the Guest House offer the ambiance of a nice, cozy fireplace as well as private balconies.
Come join us! We truly hope to see you soon and exceed your expectations.
At Hidden Lake, you'll find that all of our suites are designed to provide our guests with the amenities and privacy of a small condo without losing the ambiance of a luxury bed and breakfast. Amenities include:
- All 8 acres, buildings and property are smoke free
- Private entrances to each suite for privacy
- Private baths with showers
- In-suite wireless internet access
- Complimentary basket of yummy snacks for those late night munchies
- Complimentary soft drinks, bottled water and coffee service including a variety of teas, hot chocolate and apple cider
- In-suite refrigerator, coffee service, microwave oven and assorted dining accessories
- Expanded cable television, and DVD
- Central heat and air with in-suite temperature control
- Warm monogrammed robes, fluffy towels, and complimentary slippers
- Triple-sheeted luxury linens on king-size beds
- Luxury bath amenities including signature glycerin soaps, conditioning shampoo and body lotion in addition to toothbrushes, toothpaste, vanity packs, and a sewing kit. Guests will also find a variety of after-bath sprays for their use, hair spray, and a hair dryer.
- In-suite iron and ironing board
There are a great number of activities and attractions in Jonesboro, IL, and the surrounding area. Below is an abbreviated list of things to do. For more details and links, please visit the Jonesboro, Illinois Attractions and Restaurants page of the Hidden Lake website.
- Tour The Shawnee Hills Wine Trail
- Explore Our State Parks
- Shop in the Hills ... the Shawnee Hills
- Rendleman's Farm Market
- Bald Knob Mountain & Cross
- Experience the Challenge of Rock Climbing
- Horseback Riding
- Scuba Dive at Mermet Springs
- The Home of Superman- Metropolis, Illinois
Let us make reservations for you at any of the following:
- The Blue Boar
- The Brick House Grill
- Weeze's Country Kitchen
- Dixie Barbecue
- The Depot
- EL Jalapeño
- The Peach Barn Café, Alto Pass, IL
- The Root Beer Saloon, Alto Pass, IL
- The Yellow Moon Cafe, Cobden, IL
- Giant City Lodge, Makanda, IL
None of these choices interest you or you’re thinking that you‘d like to check out one of the bigger towns?
Carbondale, Marion and Cape Girardeau (each approximately 30 minutes away) offer a multitude of restaurant options such as Lone Star, Panera, Outback Steak House, Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Applebees and more. Cape Girardeau also has a very nice Italian restaurant called Belle Italia if you find yourself craving some great pasta. They’re open for lunch and dinner Tuesday through Sunday. Our favorite place in Marion is Honeybakers with truly great desserts – 7 or 8 kinds of pie and equal number of cakes from which to select – as well as terrific rolls to enjoy with your meal. And I highly recommend their Louisiana sweet potato as a part of dinner! Last but not least, try the number one ranked "Place to Pig Out in America" ... Lambert's Cafe , Home of the Throwed Roll, in Sikeston, Mo.