Akala Manu (ah-kah-la ma-new)
'Pink Bird' in Hawaiian. With a handful of tasteful flamingo touches, this room honors our partners, Jay & Kathy, lovers of all things flamingo. You are sure to love this sumptuous room with its king sized bed, luxury linens and partial ocean view from its private lanai. Your bathroom includes a river rock style floor with a hammered copper bathtub. The vanity is a Bali cabinet with a hammered copper sink. You'll truly enjoy stepping out to your private outdoor shower with its rock walls and custom carved stone shower head.
'Turtle' in Hawaiian. We love swimming with the giant sea turtles and we felt it fitting to name one of our suites after these gorgeous creatures. If you take advantage of the local snorkeling opportunities just minutes from Ho'oilo House, and have just a pinch of luck, you too may swim with the Honu. Each night you stay in this gorgeous room with its king-sized custom four poster wood bed we will make a donation to the Pacific Whale Foundation here on Maui. The bathroom floor is an exquisite Blue Pearl granite with a matching custom Blue Pearl recessed tub featuring a carved stone head tub fill. The vanity is iron with a high gloss mahogany top and custom made-on-Maui glass sink. The bathroom also includes a beautiful mahogany linen cabinet with batik laminate. The outdoor shower with its black lava walls and carved stone face shower head is not to be missed.
'Oasis' in Hawaiian. This room will be your oasis on Maui -- surrounded by a gorgeous garden view and lush vegetation. It's one of our larger rooms, and you won't be able to beat the comfort of this king size custom Golden wood bed. Your private bathroom includes a beautiful Crem marble floor with a custom recessed Crem marble bathtub. The vanity is a seashell stone with an integrated sink and tumbled Crem marble wall niches. You'll truly enjoy stepping out to your private outdoor shower with its Ivorystone walls and custom carved stone shower head.
'Whale' in Hawaiian. This ocean facing room with its queen size Chinese "Opium" Bed is a real treat. The bed looks out on the private lanai which faces the Pacific and neighboring island of Lanai offering a gorgeous view. During whale season from November to April, you may be lucky enough to do a little whale-watching from the privacy of your lanai. Each night you stay in this lovely room, we will make a donation to the Pacific Whale Foundation here on Maui. As you enter Kohola, you step onto the beautiful Sandstone tile floor, and walk towards the custom bathroom with its one-piece Ivorystone tub with a bamboo water spout. The matching vanity and raised sink are also Ivorystone. Stepping into the private outdoor shower with its Sandstone walls and bamboo shower head, you'll be amazed at the unparalleled ocean view.
'Wave' in Hawaiian. From your private lanai and your gorgeous antique queen size Chinese Wedding Bed, this ocean view room allows you to watch the Pacific, the boats and maybe a few whales as they jump and spray. As you walk into this room, you'll step onto the Toba marble floor, and straight ahead you'll find the custom one-piece seashell stone bathtub with matching vanity and sink. From there the outdoor shower with its Ivorystone walls and bamboo showerhead again offers unbelievable ocean views.
'Waterfall' in Hawaiian. While you can't see any waterfalls in the surrounding garden and mountain view, there is an elusive waterfall within hiking distance in the mountains just behind Ho'oilo House. One of our larger rooms, you're sure to love the elegance of the queen size Chinese "Chow" Bed with its antique carved door panel which serves as a headboard. The private bath has an exquisite Bali terracotta natural rock floor with a cast iron claw foot tub. The vanity is made from one piece of coral Terrazzo with an integrated sink. The built-in shelves are Rose marble. For a truly tropical experience, step into your private outdoor shower with its black lava stone walls and carved stoneface shower head.
Rates & Policies
The furnishings, decor and much of Ho'oilo House itself, have been imported from Bali. Beautiful ocean views are enjoyed from nearly every window in the house and each bedroom includes a private lanai and bath.
Each suite is unique with a custom bed, tub, sink and private outdoor shower. You will enter each suite through an imported traditional Bali door with custom Mother of Pearl inlay in unique patterns.
Rates and Reservation Policy
- Rates range from $229-$369 per night, with a maximum of 2 guests per room. 13.25% room & sales tax applies.
- We accept reservations 9 months in advance.
- 15% discount on stays of 5 nights or longer will be applied once we have received your confirmed reservation.
- Throughout the year we have a 3-night minimum. Exceptions are made on last minute availability. A surcharge will apply. Please call.
- We reserve the right to cancel any reservation made for less than 3 nights via our online booking engine.
- 50% deposit is required to confirm reservation.
- Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- Check-in: 3 p.m./ Check-out: 12 noon
- Maximum of 2 people per room. Adult guests only please.
- Ho'oilo House is not suitable for children.
- Our property is non-smoking.
- Quiet hours are enforced between the hours of 9pm and 8am.
- Rates and terms/conditions subject to change without notice.
- Cancellations must be made 30 days prior to arrival for full refund.
- Reservation deposits (or a portion of) for cancellations made less than 30 days prior to arrival will be returned ONLY if we are able to re-book the same room for all or part of the same time period.
- A $25 administrative fee is charged for all cancellations.