Table Of Contents
Hale Huanani Bed and Breakfast is located in a very quiet, safe, residential neighborhood in south Maui in Kihei, Hawaii where average rainfall is 12-1/2 inches per year. We are a 5-minute drive to the closest beach and the most beautiful outdoor world-class shopping mall in Maui (The Shops at Wailea).
There are many reasons Conde Nast Traveler readers have named Maui the "Best Island in the World" 17 times. For some it is the lure of championship golf courses, world-class shopping, hiking Mt. Haleakala (Maui's dormant volcano) or tropical rainforests, or discovering the beauty of the host Hawaiian culture. The world-class beaches, however, are the #1 reason people come to Maui and why so many return year after year, whether they come to sunbathe on white, black, or red sand, or snorkel, scuba dive, or surf in its warm, crystal blue waters. Underneath its waters lives a vast array of sea life-dolphins, turtles, whales, and fish in a kaleidoscope of colors.
After a long day in the sun or surf, dine on fresh island cuisine on the beach at one of Maui's 4-star restaurants. While there are many amazing things that draw people here, one thing awaits all-an island paradise that will never be forgotten.
Our property is on over 1/2 acre surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, including many fruit trees and plants: Papayas, mangoes, pineapples, coconuts, avocados, starfruit, macadamia nut, bananas, lychee. There are pole baskets that guests may use to pick fruits in season.
We are situated on over 1/2 acre surrounded by lush tropical vegetation including many fruit trees and plants: Papayas, mangoes, pineapples, coconuts, avocados, starfruit, macadamia nut, bananas, lychee. There are pole baskets that guests may use to pick fruits in season.
Directions from the Airport
- Follow the road in front of the baggage claim area (Keolani Pl.) for approximately 1 mile to the first traffic light
- Make a soft left onto Dairy Rd. (#380) (a hard left would put you on Haleakala Hwy)
- Continue on Dairy Rd. past 3 stop lights
- On the 4th stop light, turn left on Puunene Rd. (There will be a big gray church on the corner on the left side)
- On the left, you will see Mt. Haleakala, Maui's dormant volcano
- After 1/2 mile, also on the left, you will see the sugar cane mill, and on the right you will see the west Maui mountains
- After about 6 miles, Puunene Rd. will become Piilani Hwy
- Continue on Piilani Hwy. past 5 traffic lights for 6 miles to Mapu Pl. which will be at the 6th traffic light
- Turn left on Mapu Pl
- At the first 4-way intersection, turn left (Kupulau Dr.)
- Continue on Kupulau Dr. for almost 1/2 mile to our house on the right-hand side, 808 Kupulau Drive
'Aina kakahiaka (Breakfast)
- Fruit and muffins or bread served at the table outside your studio or cottage by 7:45 a.m. to be eaten whenever you decide to get up
- Coffee and juice in your studio
- When you're finished with breakfast, don't worry about cleaning up, we'll do that for you