Mango Sunset Bed & Breakfast Inn at Lyman Kona Coffee Farms
Table Of Contents
The Mango Sunset Bed and Breakfast Inn has four cozy rooms (3 with in-suite baths), an Activity Room, a Living Room (with WiFi, computer and TV) and a large Ocean View Lanai. There, in our wonderful Gazebo, we all take our breakfast together. It is located in North Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Our Certified Kona Coffee Estate (from seed to cup) is producing 100% Certified Organic Kona Coffee. We do give Coffee Farm Tours on prior arrangement (for a small fee; after breakfast). Located at 2,100 feet on the western slope of Hualalai Volcano in the Kona Coffee Belt, our average temperature is in the mid-70s, year-round.
From our covered Lanai (porch) and Gazebo, Mango Sunset Bed & Breakfast Inn's guests have a stunning view of five miles of Kona coastline. Just ten minutes from Kona International Airport (we see but don't hear the planes) and downtown Kailua-Kona, our lodging accommodations include four bright and cozy Guestrooms. We prepare (included) Outstanding Hot Breakfasts for you that always include our own Certified Organic 100% Kona Coffee, fresh tropical fruit and 100% fruit juice.
We are a favorite Kona lodging choice for SCUBA divers and snorkelers. We offer guests excellent resources - on our Hawaiiana bookshelf and our website's Links page to plan their Activities & Outdoor Adventures. We have an outdoor BBQ Kitchen for our guests. We cordially invite you to make a reservation to visit us and be our pampered Guests. Feel free to contact us with any questions.
- Three Cozy Bedrooms with Lanai and Breathtaking Ocean Views, and a Fourth one with Mountain View, Private Lanai and Private Entrance.
- Full Farm Breakfasts on the Lanai Included
- Free Tour of Lyman Kona Coffee Farms on Request
- Special SCUBA and Snorkel Amenities
- Quiet and Serene Setting 10 Minutes from Kona Town and Airport
- Free Use of Guest Computer with High-Speed Internet Connection and Free Wi-Fi
- Children welcome (we have a 5 year old)
- Full Laundry Facilities Available (modest fee)
- Free and Convenient Parking
- Completely Smoke-Free Premises
- BBQ Kitchen outside
Our Bed & Breakfast Inn has bamboo floors, teak furniture and Hawaiian island décor. All doors and trim are of mahogany and all rooms have ceiling fans and reading lights. The Honu (Green Sea Turtle) guestroom, as well as the the Hahalua (Manta Ray) and Naia (Dolphin), have their own bathroom, and the Kohola (Whale), has its bathroom to itself down the hall. Our mattresses and bedding are of the highest quality and all rooms are insulated for sound.
In the Activity Room, guests can use our Hawaiiana library of many maps, guides and books. This is also where we have the guest refrigerator, microwave, toaster, etc. In our Living Room, we have the guest computer with high-speed Internet access and WiFi and a comfy couch for quiet reading or lively conversation. Here our guests can plan their various Big Island activities. They can view a DVD/VCR, read, write, or play board games. We have a full laundry facility (modest fee), iron, hairdryer, coolers and beach mats. Our house phone is free for local calls.
- Please note: we are an Organic Kona Coffee Estate: Our family lives and works here
- All rates are per room for 2 people and include breakfasts. 13.4% State Taxes extra
We have the most affordable rates of any certified BnB Inn on the West Side
- Kohola (Two Twin XL Beds): bath down the hall: $130 per night
- Hahalua or Honu (Queen Bed): private (In-Suite) baths: $145 per night
- Naia (Queen Bed, Garden View, desk, In-Suite Bath), private entry: $145 per night
- We have a Roll-Away bed (Naia) for a third person ($30 p. night) on request
- Use of our Guest Computer and wireless Internet service is FREE OF CHARGE
- We all eat our breakfasts together in our ocean view Gazebo overlooking the farm
- We have an outdoor guest kitchen with a gas B-B-Q, lights and sink for our guests
- On prior request, we can give a tour of our Coffee Farm Operation (90 min., modest fee)
- Two night minimum. Exceptions on request ($30.00 cleaning fee).
- All Reservations require that we receive your Credit Card charge or check to us for $400.00, or 100% of the first two days, at reservation time (unless otherwise agreed to). Unless we have charged you the whole amount, the balance will be charged upon arrival by cash or card. Please use our encrypted (safe) on-line booking system.
- We have a two night Minimum Stay. For any one-night stays agreed to by us, we charge a $30.00 cleaning fee (requires our permission). Please understand that we are a working farm and that we close down to rest up for next day. If you cannot be here by about 8:00 PM, please clear this with us in advance. We will then E-Mail you our separate "late self-check-in procedures". If you are delayed, please inform us as soon as you can: we are waiting to greet you in person.
- We do allow Children. In fact, we love kids (we have a 10 - year old of our own). However, their parents should be quite mindful not to let their children become disruptive of the easy pace here, or to become a burden to other guests. Please understand. Mahalo!
- We have 2 OUTDOOR cats and a small dog that never enter the BnB.
- We recommend highly that you prepare for your vacation stay before you leave home: You can get a lot of information from the Links we have set up to excellent sites for activities, such as Hiking, Biking, rentals for Cars or Kayaks, Volcano Watching, SCUBA Dive Shops, Weather, Current Events Calendar, Golf, Fishing, etc.
We will refund your deposit (or full payment if made) in full, minus a $50.00 handling charge per room, provided we have received your written cancellation notice 45 days prior to your arrival date. Between 44 days and seven days prior, you lose 3/4 (75%) of your deposit; within seven days of your planned arrival you lose your whole deposit. We accept VISA, Master Card, American Express, Cashiers Checks, or Money Orders.