Presidents' Quarters Inn
Table Of Contents
Southern Hospitality, Luxury and History in One
Located in the heart of the largest historic district in the country, The Presidents' Quarters Inn is a luxurious boutique hotel in Georgia, USA.
This outstanding Savannah, Georgia bed and breakfast provides the best in southern hospitality with well-informed personal concierge assistance, front door street level assistance with your luggage, daily housekeeping and private parking.Start your day off right with a signature Chef's Choice gourmet southern breakfast made to order and served each morning from 8:00AM to 9:30AM in either the parlor or the courtyard gazebo. Premium coffee and tea are available throughout the day and complimentary bottled water can be found in the guestrooms.
Spend your day visiting the Bonaventure Cemetery, Wormsloe Plantation, and the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum. There are also several attractions within walking distance of the Inn including the historic English Regency styled Owens Thomas House across the street.After a long day of sightseeing, return to this historic Chatham County inn for wine and hors d'oeuvres in the afternoon. Relax with a book and plush robe in one of the cozy sitting areas, in front of a fireplace, or on one of the private balconies. Before bed, along with the nightly turndown service, enjoy decadent homemade cookies or southern pralines.
To keep you connected, The Presidents' Quarters Inn provides wireless Internet, cable television, and business facilities.
Get Closer to the Best Savannah Experience!
Voted "Best Savannah Inn" (2009 - 2012) and Best Savannah Romantic Inn / B&B" (2008, Savannah Magazine), The Presidents' Quarters Inn is luxurious but not fussy. Offering 21st Century amenities and timeless southern hospitality, our Best of Savannah bed and breakfast inn is located on Oglethorpe Square in the heart of the Savannah historic district. A perfect escape, our mini-boutique hotel / Savannah historic inn is featured in Delta Sky's Portrait Savannah, Southern Living's Romance in Savannah and Fodor's Savannah and Charleston's Best B&Bs & Inns.
Nestled in the heart of the downtown historic district on Oglethorpe Square, this Savannah inn’s exclusive location is only steps away from the many sights and attractions that the "Hostess City" has to offer - City Market and River Street, the theatre district, world class restaurants, galleries and boutique shops, and the beautifully landscaped parks and squares that make Savannah famous.
Originally constructed in 1855, these twin, Federal-style mansions were extensively renovated in 2007. This elegant, historic inn now features 16 overly spacious, richly appointed suites with fireplaces and private balconies.
Each suite, named after United States Presidents who have visited Savannah, is newly decorated with both antique and period reproduction furnishings. King and Queen beds, some four-poster, are dressed in complimentary designer linens.
Private bath amenities include luxurious waffle bathrobes and exclusive bath toiletries. Executive suite balconies overlook the charming outdoor courtyard and Oglethorpe Square. Cozy sitting areas, perfect for reading or enjoying breakfast, can be found near the elevator on each landing.
A signature Chef’s choice gourmet breakfast is prepared to order each morning, best enjoyed in the historic inn’s front parlor or in the courtyard gazebo. Afternoon hors d’oeuvres and wine, evening cordials and nightly turndown service are only a few of the exceptional characteristics that make The Presidents’ Quarters Inn an exclusive lodging experience worthy of Savannah’s discriminating guests.
Whether your visit to Savannah is for business travel, a relaxing vacation or a romantic getaway, our attentive and knowledgeable Guest Services staff is on hand to custom-design exclusive packages that will make your stay unique and memorable. Romantic dinners, spa services, cooking classes, architectural tours - whatever your interests - may all be arranged at our front desk.
Four consecutive years, Savannah magazine readers voted The Presidents’ Quarters Inn for BEST SAVANNAH INN / B&B (2009 - 2011), plus Savannah’s Best Romantic Inn (2008). Indeed, the romantic courtyard gazebo is ideal for an intimate wedding or reception.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Jane Sales for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Guests stay with us because of our wonderful hospitality. After the inn was refurbished, we concentrated mainly on our level the service that we provide to our guests. We have a superb staff!
What are you best known for?
We are best known for our location and great customer service. We also have our own parking lot. We have been voted “Best Inn in the city” for the last 5 years by Savannah Magazine.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Savannah is listed as one of the nation's top 10 cities to visit. We have the largest historic district in the country.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Our guests always compliment us on being very warm and the inn being very comfortable. We also receive rave reviews on the food we serve. The best compliment our guests can give us is to return or send others to visit. 30% of our business is from our return guests.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
We have several brand new “Chocolatiers” in the area that have the best chocolate around! The best kept secret about our inn is our overly spacious guest rooms.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
We recommend a visit to the Bonaventure Cemetery, Wormsloe Plantation, and the Mighty 8th Air Force Museum. We also would suggest a day trip to the quaint city of Beaufort, SC which is about an hour away.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are located in the heart of the downtown historic district within walking distance to many attractions. The historic Owens Thomas House is across the street. This house is is considered one of the finest examples of English Regency in America.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We have 2 favorite retaurants: A. Lure which offers a sea to table concept serving local seafood and Alligator Soul which serves a continental cuisine featuring fresh game.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
We don't really refer guest to a specific web site. We help make arrangements for them during their stay. The best and most accurate area map is the Old Savannah Tours Map which we supply for each guest.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We offer 16 overly spacious rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We accept small dogs under 30 lbs. There is a $50 fee and we only accept them in our first floor guest rooms.
Inclusive amenities at the non-smoking historic inn in Savannah feature:
- Personal concierge assistance
- Business facilities
- Inclusive breakfast
- Courtyard garden
- On-site car park
- Nightly turndown
- Inclusive wine and hors d’oeuvres
- Premium coffee, tea and cold beverages
- Bedtime sweet
- Evening cordials
- Front door, street-level assistance with your luggage
- Coffee, tea and cold beverages on arrival
A light and lovely southern breakfast menu served daily, 8:00 to 9:30 a.m.
- Freshly baked cinnamon rolls
- Croissant French toast
- Homemade quiche
- Juice, coffee and tea
Afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres.
- Southern cuisine appetizers
- Luscious homemade cookies or southern pralines accompany nightly turndown service
- Offer tourist information recommendations
- Make reservations for lunch and dinner dining
- Call for transportation
- Cultural tour
- Sightseeing reservations
- Other Savannah entertainment activities
- Private, off-street parking adjoins the historic Savannah inn hotel.
- Polite daily housekeeping at the downtown Savannah inn
The historic Savannah inn’s guest quarters amenities feature:
- Private baths
- King / queen / and double-full rooms
- Wireless Internet
- Cable television
- Direct dial telephone
- Free local calls
- Plush robes
- Premium Coffee / Tea
- Room-controlled air-conditioning and heat
- Complimentary bottled water
Weddings & Special Events
Small Savannah Garden Weddings
A casual-to-elegant garden wedding place in Savannah, The Presidents’ Quarters Inn offers our airy garden wedding setting for a small summer wedding, beautiful spring wedding, fall wedding idea, or mild-winter wedding in Savannah. Consult with our staff for your dream wedding in Savannah.
Elopement Wedding packages begin at $1100, include a two-night stay wedding package, and limits the total wedding party to 6 people. The Inn comfortably lodges 40 people for a Full House, Savannah destination wedding and requires a minimum 2-night reservation.
Please call - 800/233-1776 -- or email our concierge for your destination wedding in Savannah amid the luxuriant gardens of The Presidents’ Quarters bed and breakfast. Enjoy the affordable luxury of The Presidents’ Quarters for your GA bed and breakfast elopement or small destination Savannah garden wedding party.
Elopement Wedding in Savannah
Savannah Wedding Packages
2 Nights, from $1100 executive room; $1200 suite
Plan your elopement wedding in the setting of the gardens of Presidents’ Quarters Inn. Designed for simplicity and elegance, our garden wedding elopement package includes the following:
8” Signature Presidents’ Quarters Inn Wedding Cake
Signature Presidents’ Quarters Inn floral bride bouquet
Wedding Officiator (either an ordained Minister or Justice of the Peace)
Two nights at Presidents’ Quarters. Please add $100 to reserve an in-town suite with private balcony overlooking Oglethorpe Square.
To respect all guests, the total wedding party is limited to 6 people. Please call or email our concierge for your elopement wedding. Enjoy the affordable luxury of Presidents’ Quarters Inn to host your elegant small Savannah garden wedding party.
Savannah Destination Wedding
Full House Lodging for your Savannah Wedding Party Guests
Full House reservations offer an ideal way for your Savannah wedding party to mingle in the private luxury of The Presidents’ Quarters Inn, a 16-room bed and breakfast inn, with private on-site parking, elevator, and charming courtyard setting. Exuding the allure of Old Savannah and a revitalized spirit of New Savannah, the Inn comfortably lodges 40 people for a Full House, Savannah destination wedding and requires a minimum 2-night reservation.
Enjoy the affordable luxury of Presidents’ Quarters Inn to host your wedding party guests and memorable Savannah wedding. Please email our concierge or call 800-233-1776 to discussion your Savannah wedding needs.
Note: To confirm Full House reservations, a 50% deposit is required and will be charged to your credit card in order to reserve the full inn.
Reunions, Retreats & Garden Socials
A choice urban retreat idea for your business group’s executive retreat, The Presidents’ Quarters offers an idyllic place for a luxury retreat, group retreat, woman retreat, writer retreat, family vacation retreat, or winter retreat. Ease into exclusive Savannah. Toast the town with lodging and socializing at The Presidents' Quarters - a sense of place, laced with Savannah’s distinguished southern style and distinctive kindly character.
Let us know how we may serve you now, or at any time, for a memorable visit in the heart of the historic district.
Full Mansion / Full House Bookings
Special Event Lodging & Venue
A minimum 2-night stay and 50% deposit (charged to your credit card at booking) will confirm the reservation. **Note: Children of all ages are permitted for full-mansion reservations.
Savannah Arts and Culture
Historic Savannah Sightseeing and Museums
Savannah Tour Companies
Restaurants in Savannah, Lunch Stops
Savannah Restaurant - Fining Dining & Casual Favorites
Nightlife and Bars in Savannah GA
Downtown Savannah Shopping
Photography & Art Galleries in romantic Savannah Georgia
Art College and Savannah Universities
“Savannah has been reborn as one of the Top Ten tourist – and walkable – cities in the United States,” writes Stephen Henkin.
From the Savannah Georgia bed and breakfast’s distinguished location, the best places in Savannah, the fun things to do in Savannah and the best downtown shopping are discovered. Include a walking vacation or walking holidays in Savannah in your plans … a top ten art city in America, and best walking city in America.
Arts and Culture
- City Market, www.savannahcitymarket.com
- Lucas Theatre for the Arts, http://lucastheatre.com/
- Savannah Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Savannah Civic Center
- Savannah Theatre Company
- Telfair Museum of Art, http://telfair.org/
- Telfair Museum – Owens-Thomas House Museum
- Trustees Theater, www.scad.edu/venues/trustees/
Historic Savannah Sightseeing and Museums
- Andrew Low House, www.andrewlowhouse.com/
- Coastal Heritage Society, www.chsgeorgia.org
- Fort Pulaski Monument, www.nps.gov/fopu
- Georgia Historical Society, www.georgiahistory.com
- Green Meldrim House
- Juliette Gordon Low Birthplace
- Isaiah Davenport House
- King Tisdell Cottage Foundation, www.kingtisdell.org
- Massie Heritage Interpretation Center, www.massieschool.com
- Mighty Eighth Air Force Heritage Museum, www.mightyeighth.org
- Oatland Island Education Center, www.oatlandisland.org
- Old Fort Jackson
- Owens - Thomas House
- Ralph Mark Gilbert Civil Rights Museum, www.savannahcivilrights.com
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum
- Savannah History Museum
- Savannah Ogeechee Canal Museum & Nature Center, www.socanalmuseum.com/
- Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum, www.shipsofthesea.org
- Telfair Museum of Arts and Sciences
- Tybee Island Museum & Lighthouse, www.tybeelighthouse.org
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center, www.tybeeisland.com/
Savannah Tour Companies
- Bull River Cruises, www.bullriver.com/
- African American History Tours
- Architectural Tours of Savannah, www.architecturalsavannah.com/
- Candlelight Tours, www.ghostsavannah.com/
- Captain Dickey's Offshore Fishing, www.fishsavannah.com/
- Dolphin Magic Tours, LLC, www.dolphin-magic.com/
- Dolphin Tour
- Excursions Unlimited, www.exutours.com
- Explore Savannah!, www.exploresavannah.com
- Garden Tours
- Girl Scouts Tours
- Ghost Talk Ghost Walk Tour
- Ghost Tour, www.savannahwalks.com
- Gray Line Trolley Tours, www.graylineofsavannah.com
- Haunting Tour, www.hauntingstour.com/
- Hearse Ghost Ride Tours, www.hearseghosttours.com/
- Historic Savannah Carriage Tours, www.savannahcarriage.com/
- Oglethorpe Trolley Tours, www.oglethorpetours.com
- Old Town Trolley Tours, www.oldsavannahtours.com
- Pirates Tours, www.pirateswalk.com
- Plantation Carriage Company, www.plantationcarriage.com
- Savannah By Foot, www.savannahtours.com
- Savannah Movie Tours, www.savannahmovietours.com
- Savannah Riverboat Cruises, www.savannahriverboat.com
- Savannah Walks, www.savannahwalks.com
- SCAD Hosted Architectural Tour (reference only)
- See Savannah Walking Tours, www.seesavannah.com
- Southern Hospitality Tours, www.southernhospitalitytours.com
- Standard Bay Charters, www.standardbaycharters.com
- Tootsy Tours, www.tootsytours.com
- Wilderness Tours, www.wilderness-southeast.org
Savannah Nightlife & Bars
- a Vida Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Churchill’s Pub, www.thebritishpub.com
- Kevin Barry's Irish Pub, www.kevinbarrys.com
- Jazz'd Tapas Bar, www.jazzdtapasbar.com
- Malone’s - 313-317 W. River St.
- Molly McPherson’s Pub, www.macphersonspub.com
- Moon River Brewing Company, www.moonriverbrewing.com
- M. W. O'Connell's Irish Pub
- Olde Pink House – Planters Tavern (lower level)
- Nightlife & the Arts: Fodor’s guide
- Tubby’s Tank House
- Clipper Trading Co., www.clippertrading.com/
- Downtown Design District, www.savddd.com
- Federal Antiques, www.federalantiques.com/
- Folk Traditions Store, www.folktraditionsstore.com
- Friedman's Fine Art, www.friedmansfineart.com
- Kathi Rich, www.kathirich.com
- Levy Jewelers, www.levyjewelers.com/
- Mara Jacobs
- MDH Designs, www.mdhdesigns.com
- River Street Market Place, www.riverstreetmarketplace.com
- The Tinder Box
Photo & Art Galleries
- Jack Leigh Gallery - Photography, www.jackleigh.com/
- Linda Ray Lindeborg - Paintings, www.lindalindeborg.com/
- Ray Ellis Gallery - Paintings, www.rayellis.com
- Mary Ingalls - Glass Studio, www.mary-ingalls.com
Colleges and Universities
- Armstrong Atlantic State University, www.armstrong.edu
- Georgia Tech, www.gatech.edu
- Savannah College of Art and Design, www.scad.edu
- Savannah State University
- South University, www.southuniversity.edu
- Savannah Technical College
The Presidents' Quarters Inn, 225 President Street @ Abercorn Street, Savannah GA
Historic district hotel, location and directions:
- Interstate I-95 NORTH/SOUTH to I-16 EAST to Savannah
- Take Montgomery Street EXIT
- Turn Right on Montgomery Street
- Turn Right on Liberty Street
- Turn Left on Abercorn Street
- Turn Right on York Street. Within a few feet is the Presidents' Quarters Inn's private parking
- Turn left into the parking lot before reaching Lincoln Street