Table Of Contents
Savannah's stately Second Empire mansion combines Southern charm with luxurious accommodations and an array of amenities. Enjoy one of our 17 guestrooms or suites, each with its own private bath. Choose from grand suites overlooking the moss-draped oaks and fountain of the park; luxurious, individually appointed rooms; garden-view courtyard accommodations with private entrances; and three clustered Carriage House rooms. Some accommodations offer fireplaces, whirlpool spa baths, claw-footed baths, and bay window views of the park.
Awards and Accolades
Southern Living, "Secrets of Savannah" (June 2005) ~ The Hamilton-Turner inn earns top honors in Savannah's Best Lodging category.
The inn is mentioned in Gourmet magazine's (December 2004) feature "Saucy in Savannah" written by Bruce Feiler.
Conde' Nast Traveler, "Great Drives: The Right Route-South Carolina and Georgia," features Hamilton-Turner Inn (May 2002) "Deep South," Esquire, International Japanese Edition, (October 2004)
"Experience Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil with a stay in this
1873 mansion built by wealthy Savannah jeweler Samuel Hamilton." Fodors
During your stay, wake each morning to a full gourmet southern breakfast in our charming dining room. Refresh from an afternoon of sightseeing with iced tea and sweets in the parlor. Meet other guests while savoring complimentary evening wine and hors d'oeuvres and wind down the day with a late evening port in our relaxing parlor. Our bedtime turndown service of freshly baked cookies ushers in sweet dreams for a restful stay. With expert concierge service, we anticipate your needs throughout your stay and expertly provide for them.Located in the center of Savannah's beautiful historic district, touring local attractions begins with the Hamilton-Turner Inn's neighbors on picturesque Lafayette Square. The inn is neighbors with the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, the Flannery O'Connor House and the Andrew Low House for a start. Fine cuisine and other points of interest are within a short stroll of the inn, making it a perfect home base for exploring this historic city. Our knowledgeable concierge staff is at the ready to offer recommendations and secure reservations for touring, restaurants and leisure activities.
The Inn Features:
- Seventeen luxurious guest rooms and suites
- Whirlpool spa bath or claw footed soaking bath available in many rooms
- Fireplaces available in many rooms
- Full gourmet Southern breakfast
- Early morning newspaper and coffee in parlor
- Afternoon tea and sweets in parlor
- Early evening wine and hors d' oeuvres in parlor
- Late evening port in parlor
- Nightly turndown service with cookies at your bedside
- Complimentary high-speed wireless Internet
- In room telephones
- Laptop computer available for Business Center activities.
- Triple sheeted bedding in the finest quality linens
- Alarm clock with CD player/radio
- Iron and Ironing Board in each room
Hair Dryer in each room
- Featured in John Berendt's Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil
- Walking distance to all Historic District attractions
- 20 minute drive to the beach
Cathedral of St. John the Baptist
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Gay Dunlop for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We are proud to be a 4 diamond inn and the number one hotel in Savannah.
What are you best known for?
The Hamilton Turner Inn is unique because of the elegance of our property and our high level of service.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
If you aven't been to Savannah you are truly in for a treat! The history of Savannah, the museums, the historic homes, and the theater are all great reasons to visit here.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
Guests are always tellign us how clean and elegant our inn is. Guests love our excellent service and our wonderfully delicious breakfasts.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
Most people don’t realize that we have a great live theater here in Savannah, a must see!
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
We recommend that guests should visit Bonaventure Cemetery, Village of Bluffton and the Palmetto Bluff. All memorable areas!
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
Everything is within walking distance! We are located in the heart of the historic district, so no car is needed.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We usually recommend a list of 8-10 great restaurants in the area. However when a guest asks for us to pick just one, we suggest The Old Pink House which offers traditional southern cuisine.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
There several great web sites that we use for trolley, walking and ghost tours and happily provide those to our guests.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We boast 17 wonderful rooms.
Do you accept pets?
We accept pets under 25 lbs. in our 4 courtyard rooms only.
Our chef has the depth of experience and talent to create culinary treats that are, in our opinion, the best breakfasts on offer in Savannah. Breakfast is served in our elegant dining room that overlooks the square. Magnificent food and surroundings, another reason that your stay will be one to remember.Eggs Benedict, the sauce is light and the ham is hand carved.French Toast with real whipped cream, and the most decadent toast.Plump pillowy blueberry pancakes
Lightly fluffed eggs in a fresh baked croissant
Fresh fruit salad, with tropical fruits
Our own granolaEach day we bake a fresh batch of muffins It could be orange spice, chocolate cappuccino...
Elopement Package is from $969 + taxes and includes:
- Services of a Minister or Justice of the Peace for your ceremony (ceremonies Monday thru Thursday only.)
- Bridal floral bouquet
- 8” wedding cake
- Bottle of chilled champagne for toasting with cake cutting
- Two Hamilton-Turner Inn champagne flutes as a keepsake
- A two night honeymoon in one of our spacious rooms
- Full Southern breakfast each morning.
Additional guidelines for the package:
Please note, at an additional cost we are able to arrange any of the following:
- You may have up to four attendees, and each attendee is required to stay at the Hamilton-Turner Inn at least one night
- Please discuss photography with the Inn at the time of booking
- The wedding ceremony may take place in our Parlor, Courtyard or in Lafayette Square across from the Inn
- The ceremony must be performed between 1:00pm & 2:30pm
- Cake cutting and champagne may be held in the Dining Room of the Inn immediately after the ceremony and must be completed no later than 4:00pm.
- Horse drawn carriage ride
- Flowers in your room/suite
- Dinner at a fine Savannah restaurant of your choice
- * (available Sunday thru Thursday only, certain holidays excluded)