Oak Grove Plantation and Gardens
Table Of Contents
Oak Grove Plantation and Gardens is an 1830's southern plantation. We rent the Cottage and The Carriage House to share a present day southern plantation with you.
With 20 acres, 4 of them planned themed gardens, it is a beautiful setting for weddings, functions and overnight stays or family bondings. Oak Grove can be found just 20 minutes south of the Atlanta airport between Historic Newnan and Palmetto, Georgia. Our Antique Shop, My Favorite Things, is located close-by in Palmetto. Please contact us for reservations or information. Within My Favorite Things is our new gift shop Nothing New Under the Sun with all recycled or reinvented useful items..
Located just 20 minutes south of Atlanta, Oak Grove is the ultimate overnight getaway. The Plantation's Carriage House has two master suites each with garden tub Jacuzzis and furnished with antiques. A common room overlooking the pasture, and a vintage kitchen are all available to our guests for comfort, relaxation, and privacy. The two bedroom restored Cottage is located further from the main building and offers comfort and privacy. The accomodations are all non-smoking . The plantation is a private gated property to ensure the utmost in privacy and security.
There are games and puzzles as well as TV, video and DVD player in the common area and books in every suite. Guests may also wish to enjoy a stroll about the 4 acres of gardens that include numerous separate gardens - herb, pool, sunken, vegetable, meditation, rose, secret, formal, patience, woodland walk, crepe walk, shade, eclectic border, Playhouse yard, Cemetary garden, Rhododendron, purple border, Railroad Hill and a new garden Sin el Agua (Spanish for without water). These spectacular gardens have been featured in Southern Living, Atlanta Homes, Country Gardens, Atlanta Magazine, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
Things to do in the Newnan Area
- Antiques: Newnan, and the neighboring towns of Fairburn, Sharpsburg, Palmetto, Senoia, and Hogansville all offer great antiquing opportunities. Brochure can be picked up at Welcome Center. Some local Shops and Events are also listed below:
- My Favorite Things Antique Shop: Oak Grove's own shop in nearby Palmetto, GA.
- The Rockin' B: In Newnan, Open 7 days
- Scotts Antique Show: 2nd Weekend of Every month
- Atlanta: Atlanta is just about a 20 minute drive from Oak Grove Plantation. The Access Atlanta site has information on restaurants and site-seeing in Atlanta as well as Braves, Falcons, Hawks, and Thrasher schedules.
- Atlanta Motor Speedway: Atlanta Motor Speedway is a superspeedway in Hampton, Georgia, USA, 20 miles south of Atlanta.
- Arbor Springs Golf Course: The Arbor Springs Golf Course is located just across the street from Oak Grove.
- Callaway Gardens: On U.S. 27 south of the City of Pine Mountain - Gardens, Beach, Restaurant, Butterfly center, Horticultural center, Chapel, Victory Garden, Bike rental, Golf.
- Dunaway Gardens: Dunaway Gardens has been described as one of the south's largest natural rock and floral gardens. There are spring-fed pools, stone waterfalls and extensive hand-laid rock paths, walls, and staircases throughout the approximately twenty five acre tract.
- Gay, Georgia Cotton Pickin Fair - Twice a year in the spring and fall
- Pigs 'N Wheels - Annual Barbeque and Antique Car Show
- Powers Crossroads Festival Arts and Crafts - Labor Day weekend
- Rennaissance Festival - Yearly in the late spring over Memorial Day
- Franklin D. Roosevelt State Park: On top of Pine Mountain southeast of the City of Pine Mountain - hiking trails, lakes, cabins, camping, horseback riding.
- FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs: On GA 85 - Retreat of U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Newnan and Coweta County: The Coweta County Convention & Visitors Bureau at 100 Walt Sanders Memorial Drive, Newnan, GA 30265.
- Newnan Home Page: The City of Newnan offers tours and information for newcomers. The Newnan-Coweta Historical Society has published a driving tour brochure of twenty-two antebellum houses which still remain. Another driving tour through Newnan's five National Register Historic Districts is clearly marked for the visitor.
- Roosevelt Warm Springs Institute for Rehabilitation: On Alternate 27 near the City of Warm Springs. Polio museum & original pools. (706) 655-5000.
- Serenbe Community : The settlement of Serenbe is found in the heart of Chattahoochee Hill Country. This 40,000 acres of rural Georgia is about the size of Napa Valley, and is one of the last undeveloped stretches of land in the Atlanta area. It is currently home to about residents, restuarants, galleries, shops, the Inn at Serenbe, Serenbe Organic Farms and Serenbe Stables.
- Six Flags Over Georgia: This large-scale amusement park is located on Interstate 20, just west of Atlanta.
- Stone Mountain Park: Visitors to Stone Mountain Park can explore 3,200 acres of breathtaking scenery, pristine lakes, forestland, spectacular flora and miles of nature trails as well as the greatest variety of recreational and entertainment activities including unique attractions, tennis, golf, fishing, hiking and camping. The Park is located only 16 miles east of downtown Atlanta off U.S. Highway 78.
- Warm Springs Historic Village: On U.S. Alt 27 and GA 85 - More than 60 specialty stores.
- Wild Animal Safari: At 1300 Oak Grove Road - drive through live wild animal park - admission charged.
Weddings & Special Events
Oak Grove is available for weddings, receptions, tours, business luncheons, showers, bridal teas, photo shoots, special parties, and bed and breakfast. The Plantation is on 20 acres, 4 of them are planned themed gardens that include numerous separate gardens - herb, pool, sunken, vegetable, meditation, rose, secret, formal, patience, woodland walk, crepe walk, shade, eclectic border, Playhouse yard, Cemetery garden, Rhododendron, purple border, Railroad Hill and a new garden Sin el Agua (Spanish for without water).
These spectacular gardens have been featured in Southern Living, Atlanta Homes, Country Gardens, and the Atlanta Journal Constitution. We are located just 20 minutes south of the Atlanta airport between Historic Newnan and Palmetto, Georgia.
Contracts and pricing are available.