Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega
Table Of Contents
Travel the half mile private lane leading upward to the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega Bed and Breakfast and sense the uniqueness. Our attentive hospitality, rustic barn-like architecture, warm & cozy decor and woodland property will convince you this bed and breakfast is the perfect getaway spot.
Choose between the Main Lodge and the more intimate Hillside Lodge nestled on the edge of the forest slope. Our twelve guest rooms are tastefully done and have changing seasonal views. Explore the 14 acre property or relax on our many decks, porches or patios. It's easy to find your own space!
Stay with us and enjoy our...
- Boutique hotel experience in a cozy B&B environment
- Twelve en-suite guest rooms - some with private entrances, decks, fireplaces and jetted tubs
- Hearty delicious breakfasts (egg dish, breakfast meat, bread selection, fresh fruit)
- Two-story lofted Great Room - socialize, curl up with a book, or watch TV
- Extensive outdoor areas (swing, patio, decks & porches) â€“ enjoy your own space
- Two dining rooms with tables-for-two and small group seating
- Free WIFI & complimentary afternoon cookies and sherry
We're minutes from historic downtown Dahlonega, and convenient to the north Georgia wineries, waterfalls, Amicalola State Park, outlet shopping and most tourist venues. Plan a group retreat or a romantic getaway at the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega. Take advantage of our mid-week and seasonal pricing. We're known for our breakfasts!
Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega Bed and Breakfast is located at the top of a forest preserve five minutes from downtown Dahlonega, Georgia. Our convenient location, distinctive "rustic" decor and superior breakfasts - along with our attentive hospitality - combine to make your visit special.
The Main lodge has a converted barn-like feel, with its characteristic shape, exposed wooden beams and cedar-clad accent walls and ceilings. Guests have described the decor in many ways - from "rustic elegance" to "warm & cozy with an eclectic rustic style." We think the unusual antiques, regional art pieces and colorful quilts make each room interesting and unique.
The two-story Great Room, with wood-burning stove, reading nook and lofted game/TV area is a comfortable space to socialize, "watch the game" or just relax. Our outside decks and porches make it easy to find your own space.
For a more private and intimate getaway, we recommend the Hillside Lodge, our smaller lodge with four rooms, located across the main lawn on the edge of the forest slope.
Our twelve non-smoking guest rooms have private baths and queen or king beds; some rooms have fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, private decks and sitting areas. Complimentary WIFI is available throughout the Main Lodge.
We're known for fabulous breakfasts served at 9 AM on antique Fiestaware. Early risers often enjoy morning coffee while watching for deer from the patio or the large wrap-around deck. Special dietary needs and serving times can be pre-arranged. Be sure to taste our complimentary afternoon cookies!
Guests often visit at different times of the year to experience the changing scenery. Winter is a special time. The sunrises and sunsets paint the sky over the panoramic mountain views. They're fantastic! As the springtime dogwoods bloom and the leaves follow, our 14 acre country estate becomes a very private getaway. Our mountain top elevation means cooler summer days and nights. Don't miss the vibrant fall foliage colors! Let us help you plan your day. We have maps to the north Georgia wineries, Amicalola State Park, the waterfalls, Dawsonville Premium Outlets and the surrounding towns.
Spend a romantic getaway weekend at the Mountain Top Lodge at Dahlonega B&B nestled in the heart of the north Georgia mountains and wine region... and build memories! You can explore our 14 wooded acres along our half mile private lane or ...
- attend our Festivals and Events
- attend a wine tasting at a local winery
- rent bikes and guide & go touring
- hike the Appalachian Trail
- go horseback riding
- play a round of golf
- photograph the local waterfalls
- canoe or kayak a local river
- pan for gold or semi-precious gems
- see a play at the Holly Theater
- dine at a fine local restaurant
- shop the North Georgia Outlets
- discover treasured antiques
- visit the Dahlonega Gold Museum
- pamper yourself at a spa
- and much more....
We invite you to come stay with us!
Group & Special Events
The Mountain Top Lodge is proud to offer groups the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful lodging and casual meeting facilities in the mountains. We are a licensed Bed and Breakfast that operates like a small 'boutique hotel.' Our primary business is lodging and breakfast, yet our spacious and secluded facilities also present a perfect opportunity for our guests to spend their time holding a corporate offsite, church retreat weekend or special group event. The Main Lodge has WIFI connectivity and several informal meeting areas that may meet your needs. Additionally, the main dining room can be configured to seat 25 people and is equipped with a 42 inch, flat screen monitor for your use.
Our license restricts us to serving only breakfast. However, we will work with you to arrange for other meals being provided by local caterers or one of our fine Dahlonega restaurants. We do require that all food and beverage events occur in the dining rooms. During the nicer weather, the outside patio or the main level deck are also available.
- Call our toll free number (800-526-9754) to discuss your event.
- A signed contract, security deposit and facility use fee to cover expenses and gratuities, is required.
- The best time to get discounted lodging rates and a deal on the facilities is the January - April months.
"Thank you for your warm hospitality. You've thought of everything! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your beautiful establishment."
"We really enjoyed our time at your lodge and we are already planning another visit. Also passing along praise and info to our friends."
"Mike and I truly enjoyed our stay here at the Mountain Top Lodge! Our rooms were great and the breakfasts were yummy! This atmosphere was just what we needed! We will be back and we'll tell our friends about this mountain retreat!"
How to Find Us
NOTE: MapQuest and other direction sites DO NOT PROVIDE ACCURATE DIRECTIONS to the lodge. Use these sites to reach the town square or W. Main Street in Dahlonega, GA 30533. Then follow these directions:
Directions to the Mtn. Top Lodge from town square (W. Main St., Dahlonega):
- Head west from the town square on W. Main Street.
- Follow Route 52W and Route 9S for 3.5 miles toward Ellijay.
- Turn right onto Siloam Church Rd. Proceed 0.5 miles.
- Turn right onto Old Ellijay Rd - East. Proceed 0.7 miles to end.
- Turn left onto Mountain Top Lodge Road.
- Check-in at the yellow main lodge at the end of the drive at the top of hill.
GPS: N34 32 00 W84 01 50
You must arrive via Siloam Church Rd - NOT Clay Creek Falls Rd!!!