Glen-Ella Springs Inn Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant & Meeting Place
Table Of Contents
What's your pleasure? A much needed romantic escape, or a getaway with your best friends. Or do you need the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion in your life with family and friends? For business or pleasure, Glen Ella Springs Inn Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant and Meeting Place is conveniently located just 90 miles north of Atlanta in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains between Tallulah Falls and Clarkesville, GA. From our 16 well-appointed guest rooms to our award-winning restaurant, we can meet and exceed your needs and
Glen-Ella Springs Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has a long-standing tradition of hospitality. As one of only fifteen inns in Georgia admitted to the Select Registry of Distinguished Inns, this nationally recognized assurance of quality gives our guests peace of mind in knowing they have selected a superior property for their leisure or business travel.
Glen-Ella Springs Inn Features:
- Meander about our 12-Acre meadow or along a creek path.
- Swim in an open-air saline-treated swimming pool or lounge on the deck.
- Roast marshmallows & stargaze by a fire pit with Adirondack chairs.
- Take a night stroll along our solar-lit perennial herb and flower gardens.
- Dine with a view on our open-air terrace.
- Enjoy the outdoors in an open-air pavilion with ceiling fans, heaters and see-through panels for year-round use.
- Complimentary WiFi and office services – computer, fax machine, and copier
- Enjoy yard games: volley ball, badminton, croquet, horseshoes, putting green and half court basketball pad
- Limited handicap access
Visit Glen-Ella Springs Inn in the North Georgia Mountains for an Unforgettable Experience
Glen-Ella’s pastoral setting encourages you to simply rest and relax, regardless of whether you do so with a companion, a book, or binoculars. All of the covered porches have rocking chairs, and comfortable breezes beckon you to sit a while and take in the scenery.
Staying at Glen-Ella Springs Inn is a chance to escape the fast-paced, hurried life most of us have. Sirens, car horns and traffic noises are replaced with singing birds, rustling tree branches, and the sounds of crickets and katydids.
Enjoy sitting by a wood fire at the fire pit in our 12-acre meadow, where, far from city lights, nights are even more magical with a huge display of stars.
Included With Your Stay:
- Full breakfast for two
- Private entrance
- Private Bath
- Luxury 600 thread count sheets
- Coffee maker with specialty gourmet coffee
- Custom-milled bath products & Spa inspired robes
- Hair dryer, Iron and ironing board & luggage stands
- Individually controlled air & heat
- Complimentary WiFi
- Spa Sound Machine
- Telephone with messaging
- Covered porches with rocking chairs, access to pool & view of property
Enjoy Our Regionally Acclaimed Menu for Evening Dinner at Glen-Ella Springs Restaurant
The restaurant at Glen-Ella Springs Inn is open to the public and inn guests beginning at 6:00 pm for dinner. Offering one of the finest dining experiences in North Georgia, the restaurant presents award-winning cuisine in a rustic, yet elegant, country atmosphere. Recognized as one of the Top Dining Destinations in the state of Georgia by GeorgiaTrend Magazine since 2004, Glen-Ella Springs Inn has long been recognized as a north Georgia favorite.
For more information regarding dining at the Glen-Ella Springs Inn & Meeting Place go to our website.
North Georgia Weddings
Make Your Wedding a Day to Remember at Glen-Ella Springs Inn
Your north Georgia destination wedding venue! Glen-Ella Springs Inn is the perfect location for your wedding day. Imagine a private and picturesque setting where nature abounds. Our property has the capability of hosting up to 250 people, and brides may choose from a number of locations on the property to have the actual ceremony, with wedding receptions typically held in our Pavilion. A destination wedding creates a memorable time for your guests. Family and friends enjoy the time together and appreciate the exclusivity Glen-Ella Springs Inn offers.
For more information regarding weddings at the Glen-Ella Springs Inn & Meeting Place visit our website.
Meetings & Events
Bring your team to Glen-Ella Springs Inn for a corporate retreat
Here your group will enjoy casual yet elegant accommodations, outstanding food and service, and a comfortable and private meeting environment. Suited for groups of up to 35 people, the 30’ x 30’ conference room is equipped with ergonomic seating, complimentary WiFi, and the latest in audio/visual equipment. An all-inclusive package price makes budgeting for an off-site meeting easy because there are no hidden charges. The package price includes lodging, 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, and a 3-course dinner), use of a conference room with all available AV equipment, 2 snacks catered to the conference room daily, continuous beverage service, and all meal gratuities. Applicable sales tax added to final invoice.
For more information regarding meetings and events at the Glen-Ella Springs Inn & Meeting Place go to our website.
Things To Do
There is much to do in the north Georgia mountains. If outdoor adventure piques your interest, there are numerous hiking trails and waterfalls to be explored. Some of the best trout fishing streams and most challenging golf courses in the South are only minutes away. Tallulah Falls and Black Rock Mountain State Parks are within 30 minutes of the Inn and offer some of the area’s most beautiful vistas. You could see part of the Chattahoochee National Forest on horseback or take a white-water rafting trip down the famed Chattooga River. Art, pottery and antiques.
There are also abundant in the mountains. Small communities such as Clayton, Clarkesville and Sautee are filled with galleries and shops offering large selections of “one of a kind” pieces. Visit local wineries along the Georgia Wine Highway and discover why Georgia is becoming one of the nation’s most popular wine regions. Whatever your interests, we are always happy to assist you in planning a day trip.
- Horse back riding
- Tallulah Gorge State Park
- World class flyfishing
- National Forest hiking trails
- Zip line tours
- Waterfall hikes
- Original art and pottery
- Downtown Clarkesville
- Antiques at Sautee General Store
- Georgia Wine ighway
- Folk Pottery Museum
- Appalachian History
About the Innkeepers of Our North Georgia Bed and Breakfast
Fulfilling a life-long dream, Ed and Luci Kivett along with their boys, Edward and Andrew, became Glen-Ella’s third inn-keeping family in 2008. Glen-Ella Springs Inn is a haven that guests often return to again and again - a tribute to the sincere dedication of providing both Inn and restaurant guests with the very best experience on each and every visit.
"Our Goal is to delight each guest and enrich their experience through a combination of an inspiring environment, outstanding food and exceptional service."
Area outdoor attractions, from north Georgia wineries to nationally recognized hiking trails and Georgia waterfalls, make Glen-Ella Springs Inn a very special destination.
When the Inn was restored in 1986 by Bobby and Barrie Aycock, all of the original heart pine–paneled walls, floors, and ceilings were left intact wherever possible, including in the guest rooms. The lobby, the dining room, and two of the second-floor suites have one of several original stacked-stone fireplaces.
Although guest rooms do not have TVs, there are TVs in common areas with full satellite connections for our guests to use. Cellular service depends on your carrier, and the entire property is set up with complimentary WiFi access.
For the comfort of our guests, we have 4 rooms (2 ground-floor king rooms and 2 second-floor suites) which are family friendly. Please contact the Inn directly for lodging reservations if you are traveling with children.
Glen-Ella Springs Inn has received annual recognition as one of Georgia's Top Dining Destinations since 2004 by GeorgiaTrend Magazine.
National Geographic Travelers Top Picks - In it's first ever "Stay List", National Geographic Traveler Magazine has chosen 150 hotels in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean, which meet their criteria of celebrating authenticity in the soul of its location. Glen-Ella Springs was one of 4 Georgia Inns to be named to this prestigious list.
"This is a great place to eat if you are in the north Ga. mountains. We were staying in Helen and found it to be a very easy drive to the resturant and well wort the effort. Great place for a special occasion." - billcargo, OpenTable.com
"Dining at Glen Ella was a wonderful experience. The food was exceptional and plentiful. There's a wide variety to choose from on the menu from beef to chicken to seafood. We will definitely be back when in the area." - Hollis4dinner, OpenTable.com
Glen-Ella Springs Inn awarded Best of the Blue Ridge Reader's choice award. Glen-Ella Springs Inn & Meeting Place was among 3 inns voted as Favorite Places to Go in the readers poll for Blue Ridge magazine. Every five years the magazine invites readers to vote on their favorites and the top inn choices were the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC, the Martha Washington Inn in Abingdon, Va., and Glen-Ella Springs Inn in Clarkesville, Ga. Readers also voted the inn as one of their favorite restaurants for best Southern cooking and fine dining.
What Our Guests Have To Say
We loved the amazing grounds, the beautiful gardens, the open meadow, the arbors and the creek. So nice to walk the creek path and then sit a spell on the bench in the meadow and breathe the sweet air!
"Loved our stay at Glen-Ella Springs, a great place and fun staff, and such a great restaurant, too! We had the salmon and the rack of lamb, both were exceptional, we can't wait to get back!"
“What a delightful weekend here at Glen-Ella Springs! …what a lovely day we had yesterday – Minnehaha Falls was just
spectacular and the Gorge was beautiful.
We loved watching the kayakers.”
“What an absolute gem of a place to find! We have enjoyed the wonderful ambiance of great food, peaceful surroundings with excellent hospitality. Our excursions were a delight and fun and we have enjoyed exploring the vicinity. Hope to be back!”
“When the pavement ends peace begins!”
“We were able to do a lot of fun stuff – Goats on the Roof, Minnehaha Falls and Tallulah Gorge. The weather was perfect!”
“Hiking the area waterfalls is a glimpse into nature at it’s best!”
“WOW! Tallulah Gorge …a 1000 ft. deep cavern! Need we say more?”
“Lovely mountain retreat”
We had a most beautiful evening drinking wine on the porch in rocking chairs and eating delicious fruits and cheeses, followed by a fantastic trout dinner. Glen-Ella was quiet and charming, with a lovely garden and a great pool. In the morning we watched deer in the meadow while enjoying our breakfast. I wanted to give my British boyfriend a real taste of the South, and I think he appreciated it all, from the good food to the hospitality to the golden afternoon sunshine lighting the meadow as we took a stroll over to the tree swing. We had a perfect night, and I'd like to send everyone I know here!
Directions to Glen-Ella Springs
Do not rely on vehicle navigation systems! We have had many complaints about inaccurate directions to the Inn provided by GPS and OnStar. If you are using one of these services, consider using these coordinates and not the street address:
N 34° 43.261
W 083° 26.944
We recommend that you print the directions below and use them as final directions to Glen-Ella Springs Inn.
Also, please note that we are located on an unpaved road that is narrow in places and can be quite dusty and bumpy in the summer. The road has been here for over 100 years, though, and is seldom muddy or treacherous. First-time visitors are encouraged to arrive before dark, if possible. We have made every effort to give you comprehensive directions here, but feel free to call us from your cell phone if you need to.
From Atlanta — 90 Miles
- Take I-85 North to I-985 to Gainesville, which is Exit 113 on I-85
- After Gainesville, this will become GA 365, then US 441
- Travel north past exits to Cornelia and Clarkesville
- At the interchange where Hwy 365 turns toward Toccoa, continue north approximately another 7 miles on US 441 toward Tallulah Falls and Clayton
- *At mile marker 18, turn left on Travis Smith Rd., go one block, then turn right onto Old Historic 441
- Take the first left onto the Orchard Road (there is a large directional sign for the Orchard Country Club & Community)
- Go approximately 1½ miles to the second paved road and turn right onto Bear Gap Road. Glen-Ella Springs Inn is located 1½ miles down Bear Gap Rd.
- Bear Gap Road will turn into gravel about halfway down, but continue on for approximately another ½ to ¾ mile
- The Inn is on the left
From GA 400
- Follow GA 400 until it ends, then continue straight on Hwy 115 through Cleveland to Clarkesville
- Stay on Hwy 115 until it comes to a dead end in downtown Clarkesville
- Turn left onto Historic Old 441 and follow directions below from Clarkesville
From Greenville, SC
- From I-85 take Exit 173, GA Hwy 17 North toward Toccoa (Appalachian Foothills Highway)
- Go 12.2 miles and turn left following Hwy 17 for approximately 12 more miles until it intersects with US 23 and 441
- Turn right on US 441 north and follow the directions after the asterisk (*) from Atlanta above
- Take US 441 south through Tallulah Gorge State Park
- Turn right on Old Historic 441, 2 miles south of the Tallulah Gorge Bridge (do not take any earlier turns marked Old 441; they will not work)
- Follow Historic 441 for approximately 2 miles and turn right onto the Orchard Road
- Go 1½ miles and turn right onto Bear Gap Road
- The Inn is located approximately 1½ miles down Bear Gap Road
- Take Old Historic 441 North for 8½ miles to Orchard Rd.
- Turn left and then take the second paved road to the right (Bear Gap Road)
- The Inn is located approximately 1½ miles down Bear Gap Road