Aska Mountain Mill Bed & Breakfast
Table Of Contents
Welcome to Aska Mountain Mill Bed & Breakfast!
Great location! In the heart of the Aska Adventure Area lies this secluded very private bed and breakfast room with Jacuzzi tub and gas fireplace. Enjoy a weekend or a full week retreat in Blue Ridge, Georgia in the mountains! Perfect for a couples romantic getaway. Beautiful mid-range view. Sleeps two in queen size bed (may accommodate a third person in twin bed if needed). Decorated cabin style with rustic hand crafted pine furniture. Foosball and board games available.
Property backs up to wilderness area with countless hiking trails and vast wildlife. Feed corn to the deer in your backyard! Located a stones throw from trout fishing in Stanley Creek. Less than a mile from the Toccoa River offering tubing, fly fishing, canoeing. Enjoy the new delayed harvest trout fishing on the Toccoa, just a few minutes from our B&B. End the day sitting around the fire pit, sharing thoughts and roasting marshmallows!
Excellent alternative to a full cabin rental!
Aska Mountain Mill Bed & Breakfast is located approximately 90 miles north of Atlanta in the heart of the Aska Adventure Area, Blue Ridge, GA. Further directions will be made available upon booking.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Chanda Nystedt for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
They are looking for a cozy, private getaway in the mountains catered to by innkeepers who really care.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
We are very competitively priced compared to other accommodations in the area. Our inn has a lot of privacy since there are no adjoining walls between the B&B itself and our innkeepers’ quarters. Our guests can run the Jacuzzi at 2 am and not disturb anybody! It's cozy, comfortable, and private, has a beautiful secluded setting yet is only 12 minutes on paved road to the town of Blue Ridge. Angela & Jim, our innkeepers, are the sweetest people you will meet and many of our guests say that they are the best part about our inn!
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
To experience a relaxing weekend or week in a North Georgia mountain town environment and get away from the hustle and bustle of big city life.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
That we are a "home away from home" and a "hidden gem" in Georgia.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The swinging bridge over the Toccoa River if you enjoy hiking.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
Hike on some of the 17 miles worth of hiking/biking trails within 5 minutes of the inn. Fish on the Toccoa, less than a mile from the inn. Go antique shopping downtown Blue Ridge, pick apples at Mercier Orchards, go horseback riding. Take a trip on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, watch a show at the Swan Drive-In or at the Blue Ridge Community Theater. Have lunch and/or dinner at the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant just a mile from the cabin right on the river. Go whitewater rafting on the Ocoee River or tubing on the Toccoa. Go zip lining, gem mining or play golf. Take a beautiful 20 minute drive and then a short hike to the terminus of the Appalachian Trail.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
The Benton MacKay Trail passes right by our driveway and it's less than a mile to walk to the Toccoa River.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
The closest restaurant is the Toccoa Riverside Restaurant, which is less than a mile from our inn, right on the Toccoa river. It is great for both lunch and dinner. There are also several wonderful choices in the town of Blue Ridge, just a short 12 minute drive from our inn.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
Yes, the Fannin County Chamber of Commerce has a great website with a lot of information about the area, including area attraction driving maps you can download. The website is: www.blueridgemountains.com
How many rooms does your inn have?
We have just the one room you see photos of on our website. We are therefore unique in the privacy we can offer as well as the individual attention our innkeepers are able to give our guests.
Do you accept pets?
No, due to our concern for the comfort of ALL our guests, we do not accept pets.
- Complimentary wireless internet access (bring your own laptop)
- Flat screen TV
- Satellite TV
- In-room control over central air/heat settings
- Microwave in-room
- Mini fridge in-room
- Welcome treat upon arrival!
- Microwave popcorn, coffee, tea, hot cocoa set up for your use in-room
- Plush robes for your use!
- Complimentary continental breakfast included
- Optional cooked country breakfast available
- Served in-room or on the porch when weather allows
"We can't thank you enough for your kindness and hospitality! We planned on coming up, finding a simple place to stay before our camping journey. Instead we were thrilled to be lucky enough to stay in your amazing cabin and even more make new friends. Your B&B provided so much more than we expected. The breakfast was amazingly delicious. We will certainly be back." Kasey & Jed, Atlanta, GA
"Very enjoyable stay. Thanks for going the "extra mile" to make my wife's 50th B-day special. I especially thank you for the support in finding the fishing license." Steve & Karen, Dayton, OH
"We enjoyed our stay very much. We needed a quiet get-a-way from the phones. The breakfast on the porch was wonderful. We will tell family & friends about you. PS. We loved the decor!" Larry & Ann Scott
"We couldn't have had a nicer time this weekend. Thank you for the hospitality, advice on what to do, and all the directions! We especially loved the notebooks with all the hiking trails and other area attractions. The room itself was lovely and much cozier than if we had rented a whole cabin by ourselves. Loved it all!" Alison & Patrick, Tallahassee, FL
"We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend at Aska Mountain Mill B&B. This warm and open home made the days here more special. We appreciated the great room and the delicious food. We definitely will be back and mention this B&B to our friends!" Cheryl & Joe, Cumming, GA
"What a wonderful getaway weekend this has been for us! Thank you for your kind hospitality and for sharing your beautiful home with us. We enjoyed getting to know you a little and will be going home refreshed. Thank you!" Josh & Margaret, Atlanta, GA
Hiking, Mountain Biking, Canoe Trails
- Aska Adventure Area Hiking & Biking Trails (the Benton McKaye Trail passes by our driveway!), www.blueridgemountains.com/aska_trails.html
- Georgia Appalachian Trail Club, www.georgia-atclub.org
- Benton McKaye Trail Association, www.bmta.org
- Cycle South, Mountain Bike Headquarter,www.cyclesouth.net
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy
- The Blue Ridge Canopy Adventure(just south of downtown Blue Ridge), www.theblueridgecanopyadventure.com
Gem Mining, Mini Golf, Fishing
- The Lily Pad Village(5 minutes from cabin), www.lillypadvillage.com
- Fall Branch Falls(5 minutes from cabin), georgiatrails.com/trails/fallsbranch.html
- Amicalola State Park Waterfalls
- Fannin County Waterfalls, www.lillypadvillage.com
- Tubing (rentals available at Shallowford Bridge, less than a mile from cabin), www.toccoavalleycampground.com
- Toccoa River Canoe Trail (several launch spots within a few miles), www.blueridgemountains.com/toccoa_river_canoe_trail.html
- Lake Blue Ridge—Marina, Boat, Jet-Ski Rentals, www.lakeblueridgemarina.com
- Adventure Trail Rides, www.adventuretrailrides.com
- Double D Trail Rides
- Blanche Manor Ranch, www.blanchemanor.com
- Toccoa Riverside Restaurant & Shallowford Rivershack (less than a mile from cabin), www.toccoariversiderestaurant.com
- Blue Ridge Brewery (excellent beer, great food, nice people!)
- Harvest on Main, www.harvestonmain.com
- Christy Lee's, www.christylees.com
- Cucina Rustica, www.morgantonga.com/cucina.html
Toccoa River Fly-fishing (by Shallowford Bridge less than a mile from cabin)
- Unicoi Outfitters—fishing guides, www.unicoioutfitters.com
- Chattahoochee Forest National Fish Hatchery
Downtown Blue Ridge
- Blue Ridge Scenic Railway, www.brscenic.com
- Multitudes Gallery, www.multitudesgallery.com
- Blue Ridge Community Theater Downtown Blue Ridge Antique Shops, www.blueridgecommunitytheater.com
- Swan Drive-In Theater, www.swan-drive-in.com
Surrounding Area Attractions
- Mercier Orchards, www.mercier-orchards.com
- Southern Tree Plantation
- Brasstown Bald Webcam
- Ocoee Adventure Center, www.ocoeeadventurecenter.com
- Wildwater Rafting, www.wildwaterltd.com
- Ocoee Rafting, www.ocoeerafting.com
- Quest Expeditions, www.questexpeditions.com
- SouthEastern Expeditions, www.southeasternexpeditions.com
- All Terrain Vehicle Riding
- Noontootla Creek Farms, ncfga.net
- Brasstown Valley Resort in Young Harris, www.brasstownvalley.com/golf.htm
- Butternut Creek Golf Course in Blairsville, www.butternutcreekgolf.com
- Whitepath Golf Club(in Ellijay), www.whitepathgolf.com
- Blue Ridge Golf and River Club, www.brgrc.com/splash.htm
- Blue Ridge Helicopters, www.blueridgehelicopters.com
- The Observer (Blue Ridge local Newspaper), www.thenewsobserver.com