Inman Park Bed & Breakfast
The Woodruff House
Table Of Contents
The Inman Park Bed & Breakfast is located in the Inman Park area- a National Register of Historic Places neighborhood- of Atlanta, Georgia. The residence is a carefully restored home and bed and breakfast built in 1912 for Robert W. Woodruff, Atlanta's famous anonymous donor and Coca-Cola soft-drink magnate.
Now featuring ,wireless high-speed internet access, The Woodruff House has 12-foot ceilings, heart-of-pine floors, 18th and 19th century antiques, oriental rugs, fine china, fireplaces, private baths, a walled garden and secured parking.
The dining room is just one of many resplendent, historically decorated rooms in the Woodruff House. The bed and breakfast also boasts a beautiful Charleston-style walled garden and screen porch.
The Woodruff House
Built in 1912, the Woodruff House is an architecturally transitional structure with both Victorian and early 20th century elements. Located in the heart of Inman Park, Inman Park Bed & Breakfast overlooks Springvale Park which clearly reflects the influence of Frederick Law Olmsted. The "honeymoon residence" of Robert Woodruff, is owned by Eleanor Matthews.
The Woodruff House has 12-foot ceilings, heart-of-pine floors, antiques, oriental rugs, fine china, fireplaces, private baths, a Charleston-style walled garden and secured parking.
A 450 sq. ft. guest lounge is located between the North and South bedrooms upstairs. In this space, guests can watch cable TV or exercise on the treadmill. Fax and email services available. Refrigerator and microwave available for snacks.
The Inman Park Bed and Breakfast features three lovely guest rooms: the West Room downstairs (queen-sized bed), the South Room (two twin beds) and the North Room (queen-sized bed) upstairs. All rooms have their own private bathrooms.
Stay includes Continental breakfast, with fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads and beverages with customization for special diets upon request. One highlight is authentic Irish soda bread or scones, baked locally by Kerry McCormick.
Inman Park Bed & Breakfast boasts a beautiful, Charleston-style walled garden. There are 22 hydrangea bushes, which bloom from April until frost. The back garden, where guests are welcome, also has a perennial sun garden, a shade garden, confederate jasmine, giant magnolias and several ancient oak trees.
- Continental breakfast served each morning
- Telephone available in common area and in each guest room
- Television in common area
- Deck/patio available
- Fax and email services available
- Cable provided
- Antique Furnishings
- The inn is air-conditioned
- Coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave available for snacks
Location & Directions
The bed and breakfast is in town, close to Downtown. Nestled in historic Inman Park, Atlanta's first suburb.
Only two blocks to the Inman Park - Reynoldstown MARTA (rapid transit) station. Walk to dining and shopping in Little Five Points, Atlanta's SoHo.
Two blocks from the Freedom Park PATH trail that runs from the Inman Park MARTA station to Ponce de Leon and east all the way to Stone Mountain. This multi-use trail system is a favorite with walkers, bikers, joggers, and roller-bladers.
One mile from the Martin Luther King Jr. historic site (King Center, grave, Ebenezer Baptist Church, and the Birth Home Museum) and the Carter Presidential Library and Museum.
Two miles to Downtown Atlanta, including the Underground Atlanta, World of Coca-Cola, Philips Arena, Georgia Dome, CNN Center, Georgia World Congress Center, and Centennial Olympic Park.
- The interstates join together through the heart of Downtown Atlanta (the "Downtown Connector")
- Take the exit for Freedom Parkway and the Carter Center
- Follow the signs to the Carter Center
- Go under the covered bridge and veer to the right with signs for Exit 42
- Pass the Carter Center on your left
- Go to the stoplight and turn right on North Highland Avenue
- Go about 1 mile until you see the warehouses, then turn left on Elizabeth Street
- Go through one light and one stop sign, until you reach Euclid Avenue
- Turn right on Euclid Avenue and stay on the road as it passes over Springvale Park (there will be park on both sides)
- Take the first left, Waverly Way; Inman Park Bed and Breakfast is at 100 Waverly Way
- Follow the signs to I-75/I/85 North, the Downtown Connector
- Exit the highway almost immediately, at the exit for Freedom Parkway and the Carter Center
- See directions above for directions to continue on to Inman Park Bed and Breakfast
MARTA (Public Transit) Directions
Inman Park Bed & Breakfast is convenient to mass transit:
- Take the MARTA rail line to the Inman Park - Reynoldstown transit station, located on the East-West rail line. (See map below.)
- If you are coming from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Airport Station is located inside the main terminal. Take any train (they are all northbound, as it's the southernmost station) and exit at Five Points Station, the transfer point to the East-West rail line. Take the escalator/elevator/stairs up to the Eastbound platform and board an Indian Creek train (Additional information on the airport web site)
- Once at Inman Park - Reynoldstown transit station, go upstairs and exit on the north / Inman Park side of the station. Signs point to the two sides. Note: If you find yourself in a long, long bridge going over train tracks, you are going the wrong way -- turn around and exit from the other side of the station
- Exiting the north side of the station, you will find yourself in a bus area and parking lot. Walk towards the nearest street exit, which will take you to Edgewood Avenue. There is a small Italian restaurant on the corner and a block further down on the left, a small stone church
- Walk two blocks down Edgewood Avenue
- On the second block, there is a park, Springdale Park
- Turn right at the corner -- Waverly Way
- Inman Park Bed and Breakfast is the second house on the left
- Rates: $110-130 / night
- Queen and twin-size beds available
- Payment accepted: Cash, traveler's checks, Master Card, Visa and American Express
- Payment not accepted: Checks, Diner's Club, Discover
- Advance reservations required
- There is a 2-night minimum
- Ask about our Cancellation policy
- Smoking allowed outside only
- Children allowed, please inquire
- No pets allowed