Table Of Contents
The Colonels created an ambiance of beauty, security and tranquility on the pastoral site of Angel Oaks Farm, amidst the old terraced cotton fields turned horse pastures. We want to provide a level of attention that makes you feel like a privileged guest at a working plantation house.
- Our Regular Weekend prices vary between $115 and $185, plus tax.
- Pastoral 30 acre horse estate, less than a 15 minute drive to historic downtown Athens, Sanford Stadium, Stegeman Coliseum, University of Georgia (UGA), and The Classic Center. 85 Miles from Atlanta, Hartsfield Jackson International Airport..
- 7 bedrooms, 3 Jack & Jill suites, most with private bath, 6 working fireplaces, sunken flower garden.
- European antique furniture from Chateau Salmonsart, Belgium, 1794.
- We host visitors of the Heritage Trails and the famous Antebellum Trail.
- Visitors of the University of Georgia (UGA) and The Classic Center events obtain matching rates.
- We also cater to discriminating equestrian enthusiasts traveling with their horses.
- Modern amenities and state of the art security and safety features.
One of the premier wedding facilities in the greater Athens area, the Day Chapel of the State Botanical Garden of Georgia, is only four miles, and an idyllic drive away from The Colonels which makes our Inn ideal for lodging a wedding party.
We can offer a package of 7 bedrooms with breakfasts for 3 nights at the price of $2,960 plus tax. This is our most economical arrangement for 15 registered guests not including extras. However, this offer would provide exclusive and private use of the entire upper floor of the mansion, including the Jacuzzi bath room. This quote also includes the State Room (as a possible bridal suite), pre-arranged use of first floor, the two antique dining rooms and the grand music room.
If guests would like to host a small private reception, we can offer the use of the intimate and distinguished atmosphere of the sunken flower garden for an additional charge of $250 (includes rear porch area, if desired).
Memorable honeymoon arrangement for $300 extra:
Executive Sedan Pick Up Service after wedding, Bottle of Champagne or Belgian Beer Selection, Candle Light, Snacks, Fresh flowers, Jacuzzi, Breakfast in our finest Wedgwood china, Bohemian crystal and French chateau silverware.
Pets and horses are welcome at The Colonels and Angel Oaks Farm, but we would preferably like to have a couple of days notice.
If you travel with your horses Angel Oaks Farm can accommodate them in our stables for $30 a night on the basis of self care.
For your pets we recommend to rent our specially designed dog house at the cottage of the estate. A separate entrance leads to the air conditioned pet room and a safe and fenced running field is available. The charge is $30 a night on a basis of self care.
If you would like to rent a horse box at the barn instead, the fee would be $20.
We can make arrangements for horses but require advance reservations. There is a $30 fee per stall per day with paddock on the basis of self care. Bedding is provided. Stall cleaning/ feeding is possible for an additional fee. Hay and grain are available upon request and for an additional Fee. Liability Release is required for all equine activities.