Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Homes
Table Of Contents
Welcome to Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Homes, located in the heart of the Grandview Heights Historical Neighborhood walking distance to CityPlace in downtown West Palm Beach. Palm Beach International Airport is a 10 minute drive away.Nestled in a tropical garden paradise, directly on Howard Park across from the Armory Art Center, this historical 1925 home has been carefully restored to reflect the original Spanish Mediterranean architecture inspired by many famous architects in South Florida over the last century.
The Original Pecky Cypress two storey vaulted ceilings, coral stone fireplace, terracotta floors combined with terraces overlooking the swimming pool and lush gardens with tropical fruit and flora create an atmosphere of "Old Florida Charm". Whether traveling for business or pleasure, Grandview Gardens provides an array of facilities and services to make your stay thoroughly enjoyable.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Rick, Peter, & Jan for sharing their own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
Most travelers stay because our B & B offers a historic “old Florida” charming tropical atmosphere while walking distance to the key points of interest in downtown West Palm Beach.
What are you best known for? What makes your inn unique? What do you love most about your inn?
Our rooms are more spacious than the typical B & B with outside private entrances and outside terraces overlooking our lush tropical gardens and a pool.
Our outside private entrances are unique for a B & B, providing more privacy for guests. Also our location.
We love the historic setting in the central location.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Tropical weather, charming downtown and nearby beaches.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
The Palm Beach Lake Trail. It's the bike trail on Palm Beach Island, which can be reached by using one of our complimentary bicycles.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?The list is long, but here are bullet points:
- Walk to CityPlace and downtown West Palm Beach
- Visit the Norton Museum of Art and Flagler Museum
- See a performance at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts
- Take a bike ride on the Palm Beach Lake Trail
- Spend an afternoon at the beach
- Visit the Palm Beach Zoo or drive through Lion Country Safari
- Visit the Loggerhead Marinelife Center
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
There is a lot to do within walking distance. Everything listed above except the zoo, lion country safari and Marine life center is within walking distance.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
My favorite restaurant is Table 26, 5 minutes walking distance to the B & B.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
How many rooms does your inn have?
5 guest suites and 5 vacation homes.
Do you accept pets?
We accept pets in some rooms.
Breakfast is served daily in the dining room and on the pool terrace between 8:00 – 10:00 am. Our breakfast buffet includes a selection of cereals, yogurts, cheeses, fresh fruit, freshly prepared fruit salad, fresh fruit juices and breakfast cakes. In addition, we serve toasted muffins, white or whole wheat toast, bagels, butter and jam and freshly brewed coffee or tea.
On the weekends, in addition to the buffet, we serve egg dishes made-to-order along with bacon or sausage.
During High Season (December through April, a warm breakfast specialty dish is also served 7 days a week. We are happy to provide breakfast options for guests who require gluten-free food or who are lactose intolerant. Please let us know of any special dietary requirements when making reservations.
Five individually decorated guestrooms, each accessible with a private entrance, are spacious with approximately 400 sq. ft. and have French doors opening to private terraces overlooking the swimming pool. Each guest suite features a king-size bed or two queen beds and a sitting area.
All Rooms Feature:
- Cable TV
- En suite bathroom
- Air conditioning and ceiling fans
- Direct dial telephone with DSL line
In addition to the B&B lodging, guests can also choose from 2 superbly renovated historic vacation rentals which are located adjacent to the Bed and Breakfast. These 2 and 3 bedroom vacation homes are ideal for families looking for spacious, fully furnished rentals with self catering kitchens.
- 15 x 30 ft. swimming pool
- Sunbathing terrace with lounge chairs and tables
- Common living areas in the main villa
- Spacious tropical garden
- Bicycles (guided tours on request)
- Multi-lingual library
- Check-in: 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Check-out: until 12 noon
- Breakfast buffet every day from 8 - 10:00 a.m.
- Airport pickup and drop-off services on request
- Innkeeper weekend receptions
- The Innkeepers are multi-lingual
Rates and Policies:
- Rates reflect double occupancy and range from $125 to $209 per night
- $20 per extra person
- Rates are subject to availability and may change without notice
- Children 12 years and younger are free when staying in a room with an adult with existing bedding
- During major conventions and special events in the shoulder and low seasons, high season rates may apply
Reviews and Testimonials
Grandview Gardens Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Homes has been featured in numerous newspapers and magazines. Here is a short overview with a few links:
"An immaculate B & B….with large rooms (featuring) private entrances, terraces and a heated pool" – The Washington Post Link to article
"Within walking or biking distance of museums, the Kravis Center of the Performing Arts and CityPlace, this inn is a great choice for culture lovers" - Palm Beach Post
"Think of a tropical oasis just steps from downtown…this B & B is perfectly situated for the culture loving crowd" – Ft Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel
"...with rooms larger than most,…surrounded by lush, tropical landscape with a great deck and heated pool" – Miami Herald
From Palm Beach International Airport:
- Head east on Belvedere Road and turn left on Lake Ave.
- Head north about 1 mile and the house is at 1608 Lake Ave on the right side (across from Howard Park)
From the South (Ft. Lauderdale or Miami Airports) or North on I-95:
- Exit at Okeechobee Blvd and head east to downtown West Palm Beach
- After about 2 miles you will cross over train tracks
- Immediately after the train tracks turn right on to Parker Ave.
- Drive south about 600 yards and turn left on Park Place
- At the first intersection, turn left on Lake Ave and the house is at 1608 Lake Ave on the right side (across from Howard Park)