Dickens House Bed and Breakfast
The Dickens Suite
This very large room is classically styled with a four poster cherry canopy bed, Chinese carpet, light blue taffeta drapery and cocoa colored walls. A two-person shower and spa invites romantic escapes or luxurious pampering. $199-$225-$245*
The Cottage Suite
A Lighter, more whimsical decorative statement is made in this suite. Furnished with white wicker, roll up awnings, sea grass carpet and terra-cotta night stands filled with rare specimen shells complete an old-fashioned beach cottage atmosphere. $169-$179-$189* ($25 for 3rd person.)
The Perry Snell Room
So Named for a 1907 St. Petersburg Times story that chronicles a dinner party given by Perry Snell and attended by Henry and Sadie Dickens. The brass bed with porcelain accents are surrounded by salmon walls matched to the custom stripped roman shades. A whirlpool tub expands the bathroom beyond mere function. $139-$159-$169*
The Orange Blossom Room
Our smallest room is tucked under the roof for that special cozy feel. A Jenny Lind bed rests on the warm, earth-toned carpet. This down-right tiny room has an equally down-right tiny bath! But...tiny does not exclude a luxuriating whirlpool tub! Enjoy this little nest. $119-$129-$139*
The Cracker Suite
The decorative hat is tipped in honor of Sadie (Speer) Dickens' pioneering "Florida cracker" family. The custom-crafted bent willow bed anchors the mood of these sloped-ceilinged rooms. This decorative style may nod to the "cracker spirit" but the modern soul is not forgotten with the whirlpool tub. $169-$179-$189* ($25 for 3rd person.)
- * Rates are based on single or double occupancy. $25 additional per person, per day.
- * 12% Tax is not included.
- AARP, Corporate, Government & Multi-night discounts are available, with restrictions.
- Whole house discounts are considered.
- Children over nine welcomed.
- Â¤ Special event & holiday periods may require minimum stays & full deposits.
- One night stays may require full deposits and discounts are not applied.
- All no shows forfeit total deposit.
- A 50% deposit may be required. Remainder is due at check-in.
- VISA, MasterCard, American Express & Discover cards are accepted as are personal checks with identification.
- Ten day cancellation notification is required to avoid forfeiture of one night's room rate, subject to re-rental. $25 charge is levied on all cancellations.
- Check-in: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m. Exceptions welcomed by advance arrangement.
- Check-out: 12:00 noon
- Smoking is permitted only on the verandah.
- Pets are not accepted.