Table Of Contents
One of the finest Key West hotels
Located in Key West, Florida, the Island City House Hotel is comprised of three unique houses, the Arch House, the Island City House, and the Cigar House, which share lush tropical gardens with winding brick pathways throughout. Our crystal clear pool and surrounding deck are the perfect places to relax and sunbathe. Guests are greeted each morning in the shaded brick courtyard with a continental breakfast buffet of fresh fruits, home baked breads, coffee and teas.
Located in the heart of Old Town Key West, this historic hotel is conveniently located within easy walking or biking distance to Duval Street shopping, restaurants, waterfront, and other local attractions. Our all-welcome policy includes children of all ages and those under 12 stay for free. Book your experience at our Key West bed and breakfast in Florida today!
Lush tropical gardens enfold and unite the three guest houses that comprise the property. Winding brick walkways meander past mountains of bromeliads in bloom, a babbling coral rock fountain and fish pond, and shaded secret garden seats. All varieties of exotic plants thrive in this miniature jungle, including night blooming serus cactus, Christmas tree palms, Spanish lime trees, bougainvillea, orchids, stag horn ferns, and coconut palms.
Travelers are always looking for memorable and relaxing experiences. Let’s discover more through the words of our innkeepers. Many thanks to Tasha Dupree for sharing her own secrets with BBOnline.com! Why do most travelers stay at your inn?
We are in the middle of old town Key West which is walking distance to all attractions but just far enough away to give you a relaxing tropical oasis to enjoy.
What are you best known for?
We are the oldest up and running on the island and continue to update without losing the original feel of the property. we also allow children of all ages. We are an all suite property which attracts longer stays & have an incredible amount of repeat guests. All suites have a kitchen and full private bath.
If someone has never been to your city, what is the #1 reason to come visit?
Key West is a friendly tropical paradise with lots of history. We have beautiful blue waters, great restaurants and a laid back way of living.
What’s the best compliment you have ever received about the inn?
The Island City House has managed to maintain a feeling of old Key West. We have charming, beautiful buildings & gardens, and people always compliment us on how clean it is.
What’s the best kept secret about the area?
We are certainly one of them! We often find that even people who have lived here their whole life don’t even know we are here. The property backs into the gardens, almost taking up more than an entire block. We are most certainly a hidden gem.
If a traveler is staying at your inn for 4 nights, what should he/she do in the area?
We give all guests a list of our favorite local restaurants, where they are located and their specialty. We inform them of water activities, our state park (beach), historical tours and locations. While it certainly depends on what needs they have, we are happy to make recommendations. There are some that just want to do nothing at all but relax.
Is there anything within walking distance of your inn?
We are 3 blocks from Duval Street (the main street) and 2 blocks from the harbor, walking distance to old town. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and other activities nearby.
What is your favorite restaurant/food in the area?
We give all guests a full list of favorites and are happy to recommend eating establishments based off of our guests' cuisine preferences.
Any good area guides/websites that travelers could reference?
We are willing to help meet all of our guests' needs and offer plenty of information on our website.
How many rooms does your inn have?
We offer 24 marvelous suites.
Do you accept pets?
In order to ensure the comfort of all of our guests, we do not accept pets at this time.
Amenities & Policies
- Pool (15 x 30)
- Large sunning deck around pool
- Complimentary coffee, tea, and light snacks placed in suite once daily
- Widow's walk
- Large tropical gardens
- Ice machine
- Coin-op guest laundry facilities
- Concierge service for making reservations
- Fully equipped kitchens (includes stove top, refrigerator, sink, microwave or oven, dishes, silverware, pots and pans, and other miscellaneous utensils)
- Hair dryers
- Irons and ironing boards
- Clock radios
- Expanded cable TV
The Island City House Hotel will no longer be serving breakfast starting June, 1st, 2013 due to a state regulation regarding commercialized kitchens. All suites have kitchens therefore we will offer coffee, tea and a small variety of snacks daily in each suite.
All of our twenty-four suites have private baths, air conditioning, kitchens, ceiling fans, hardwood floors, televisions, and direct dial telephones.
Policies & Guest Information
- Prices are subject to change without notice
- Prices listed do not include tax which is, 12.5 percent
- One bedroom suite prices are based on a two-person occupancy
- Two-bedroom suite prices are based on a four-person occupancy
- There is a $20 charge for each additional person
- Children under 12 stay free
- Rates, minimum stays, and deposit requirements may be higher during special events and holidays
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, and Discover, Traveler's Checks. Personal checks are accepted for advance deposits only.
- Check-in time: 3 pm. Check-out time: 11 am
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- One night's advance deposit is required for reservations
- Two-night's advance deposit may be required for special events and/or holidays
- If there is a change in your plans for all or part of your stay, notify us at least 14 days prior to your arrival (30 days for holidays and special events) and we will refund your deposit less a $50 cancellation fee
- If cancelled inside of two weeks (or 30 days, which ever applies), your deposit is forfeited. Upon arrival, payment must be made in full for the agreed upon stay.
- If you wish to check out before your confirmed departure date, for whatever reason, your payment will not be refunded. We regret that there can be no exceptions to this policy
How To Find Us
From the Florida Mainland:
- Take the Florida Turnpike South to US1 South
- Travel South on US1 to Key West
- When you reach Key West continue South on US1 / N. Roosevelt Avenue to Palm Avenue
- Turn Right onto Palm Avenue and travel over the bridge and around sharp curve to the left where Palm Avenue becomes Eaton Street
- From Eaton Street, turn Left onto William Street. Island City House Hotel is on the left at 411 William Street