Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast
Table Of Contents
The Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast is an elegant downtown hub for whatever brings you here. We're just 5 minutes and 3 blocks from the Washington DC Convention Center (doesn't get any better than that for conventioneers) and a leisurely ten minute walk to the National Mall, Smithsonian Museums and other attractions.
If you'd like to try a change from those giant, impersonal hotels, you'll find a home-away-from-home at the Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast. You'll feel right at home with your host Keith a fascinating man who has traveled the world and is an intimate and active part of his downtown community. Keith is a lively conversationalist with an upbeat and congenial attitude toward all.
Our 100 year old brick exterior makes a dramatic statement and has been lovingly restored. And things only gets better when you step inside. The gorgeous woodwork, entrancing wood and marble floors, 12 ft. ceilings, and outstanding stained glass compliment the tasteful, upscale decor that features rich fabrics and high quality furnishings. Our home is a designated historical building that we have painstakingly crafted into an elegant yet homey destination for our friends, family and guests alike. We've worked hard to create a warm and welcoming environment where you can heave a sigh of contentment and relief after a long, active day of business or sight-seeing. At the Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast, you get all this plus the reasonable rates you've been hoping to find in the heart of Washington D.C.
Host, Keith has proudly owned this stately brownstone for 12 years. Keith has taken this irreplaceable architectural treasure through a major transformation, from a run down shell, to a partially restored building, to a real home and inn. He loves his home, the location and the city, and would be proud to share it with you on your next visit to Washington. He looks forward to being your innkeeper!
Please visit soon!
- Delicious full hot breakfast served daily
- Flat screen TVs in each room
- Cable and DVD player in each room
- Wireless internet access in each room
- Iron and ironing board in each room
- Ceiling fans in each room
- Laundry facilities
- Limited off street parking
- Grocery store 2 blocks away
- Umbrellas for use during your stay if needed
- Wireless personal printer available on request
- Modern, decadent bathrooms with marble and multi-head showers
- Reception room with marble floors and elegant furnishings available for rental for small gatherings
- Upscale design, elegantly executed with luscious materials, curtains and accents
- No Elevator- walk up only (historic three story brownstone)
- Incredible location for exploring the endless treasures of our nation's capital -- you can walk to restaurants, bars, museums, government buildings, the National Mall, art galleries, movie theaters, and much more
- Children must be 12 years or older to stay at the inn
- Please contact the inn for special arrangements for off-street parking
Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast has an ideal downtown location in NW Washington. You can get to business, sight-seeing and the Washington Convention Center in a matter of minutes. You don't need a car and in most cases not even a taxi!
- We're within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants, attractions and business
- 3 blocks to the Convention Center - a 5 minute walk
- 3 blocks to the Metro subway (Convention Center stop, Yellow and Green lines)
- 10 minute walk to the National Mall
- 10 minute walk to restaurants, Chinatown, shopping, etc.