Mt. Vernon Square Bed and Breakfast
The Terrace Room (third floor) is a large, airy room with a modern theme and a gorgeous wrought iron spiral staircase. It features a queen size bed, unattached hallway bathroom and interesting architectural details. The Terrace Room opens directly on to your large outdoor terrace with a lovely view of the city.
The private terrace has it's own glorious shade tree, so that you feel like you're floating among the treetops when sitting on the terrace. This room is a great place to relax after work, meetings or sight-seeing!
The bathroom is down one flight of a nearby staircase. This shower only bathroom has been newly renovated. It has a beautiful stone floor with a large european profile sink. The shower is large, has a built-in tiled seat and a multi-nozzle shower console that will make it hard for you to tear yourself away from the bathroom!
The Cleopatra Room (third floor) is spacious, airy and elegantly decorated in silver tones with quiet but dramatic accents and striped fabrics that remind you a bit of ancient Egypt.
It's a large room with a king size bed and a mini-kitchen three steps outside your door (refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, BAR bar sink).
The bathroom's cool marble floors and shower tiling, together with the decadent shower and huge, beautiful stained glass window, may make it hard for you to tear yourself away from the bathroom!
The Copper Room (second floor) is a wonderful combination of modern and traditional. It features a king size bed, in-suite bathroom, beautiful furnishings, writing desk, and a flat screen TV connected to cable TV service.
The private access to the rear balcony gives our guests the choice of enjoying outdoor relaxation and indoor comfort.
An antique stained glass window defines the classic ambiance of the Copper Room's traditional bathroom. The double headed articulating arm shower cascades water exactly where you want it to go creating just the right touch of modern.
The State Room (second floor) is a classically elegant room that features a king size bed, private bathroom, beautiful furnishings, small refrigerator, microwave, and writing desk. A large flat screen TV, with integrated DVD player and cable TV is provided.
The bathroom has a high performance shower console with 6 different water nozzles that create a multi -jet shower/tub experience that leaves you feeling deliciously pampered.
Amenities & Policies
- Delicious Full Hot Breakfast served daily
- Flat screen TVs in each room
- Cable and DVD player in each room
- Wireless internet access in each room
- Iron and ironing board in each room
- Ceiling fans in each room
- Laundry facilities
- Limited off street parking
- Grocery store 2 blocks away
- Umbrellas for use during your stay if needed
- Wireless personal printer available on request
- Modern, decadent bathrooms with marble and multi-head showers
- Reception room with marble floors and elegant furnishings available for rental for small gatherings
- Upscale design, elegantly executed with luscious materials, curtains and accents
- NO ELEVATOR - walk up only (historic three story brownstone)
- Incredible location for exploring the endless treasures of our nation's capital -- you can walk to restaurants, bars, museums, government buildings, the National Mall, art galleries, movie theaters, and much more.
- Children must be 12 years or older to stay at the inn
- Please contact the inn for special arrangements for off-street PARKING
Mt. Vernon Square Bed & Breakfast has an ideal downtown location in NW Washington. You can get to business, sight-seeing and the Washington Convention Center in a matter of minutes. You don't need a car and in most cases not even a taxi!
- We're within easy walking distance of shopping, restaurants, attractions and business.
- 3 blocks to the Convention Center - a 5 minute walk
- 3 blocks to the Metro subway (Convention Center stop, Yellow and Green lines)
- 10 minute walk to the National Mall
- 10 minute walk to restaurants, Chinatown, shopping, etc.
- We are a non-smoking property.
- Cancellation: No charge for room cancellations with at least 48 hours notice.
- Package vacation cancellations are without charge with at least 5 days advance notice.
- No shows or less than the above notices will result in a charge equal to the first nights room charge for each room reserved or in the case of package plans, $125 per person.